Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 11:05 PM
Default Spawner stopped working?
I've been using the spawner mod (the default model of it is a red rosebush) just fine for a long time, even earlier today. Suddenly, if I hover the cursor over it, whichever Sim is active with their plumbob showing quickly turns around and stops what they were doing; their plumbob disappears for a half second and then returns. And when I try to actually spawn a Sim nothing happens.

I've moved this family to a different home with no other CC but that didn't change.

I deleted the mom (everyone else was at school or work at the time), saved the game, went to the neighborhood and back in to the house - same issue. I had her go to the neighborhood art museum, spawned the spawner - same issue.

I had the teen move to college, spawned the spawner and it works fine.

I went to a different family/lot randomly and it works fine.

This family is using/wearing CC hair and outfits that I've been using with other families for years, and I haven't recently installed new CC. Something got "corrupt" with this particular family, it seems. Weird. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 11:49 PM
It's throwing an error. You have to turn on debug mode and post the error log. Also, link to whatever this spawner is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2024 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
It's throwing an error. You have to turn on debug mode and post the error log. Also, link to whatever this spawner is.

Thanks, that was it! The error was "too many iterations". I clicked on Delete, that deleted the active Sim, saved the game, went to the neighborhood and back into the lot. Now the spawner works normal again.

The spawner stems from the Sim Manipulator mod: https://simmanipulator.forumotion.c...sim-manipulator

Thanks again!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2024 at 5:49 AM
If you install the RPC launcher, that usually fixes too many iterations errors.