Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 10:36 PM
Default Celebrity Roommate Challenge
THIS CHALLENGE IS STILL IN TESTING!!!

Here's the story: You are a Sim who just moved into Bridgeport and is looking for work. You only have a few Simoleons in your pocket and need a place to stay. You come upon an apartment with a sign that says Roommates Wanted: 100 Simoleons a month. You figure it's worth a shot, so you walk in. You ride the elevator to the penthouse floor and knock on the door. The people inside the room are all just hanging out and having a good time, so you decide to take up the ad and live in the apartment. One of your new roommates tells you about an acting job that needs to be filled downtown.

How to play:
1. In CAS, create a YA male/female Sim. They must have the Natural Born performer trait, but you can choose the rest based on how you want to play.
2. Move your Sim into a small apartment. (You must have at least 4 roommates, so think about that when furnishing.) You can use cheats while furnishing, but then set your Simoleon amount to 50.
3. Turn off cheats. Go into the real estate feature on your phone and call for roommate services. Have at least 4. You cannot have romantic relationships with any of your roommates. (Awkward )
4.Get a job in the film career.
5. When the time comes, you may go either way with your career- acting or directing.
6. During this time you can be doing other things like music to gain celebrity points and some extra cash.
7. Once you get to level 5, dismiss one of your roommates. You should have a little extra cash so you don't need that many people. Do this again at level 7, then level 8.
9. Now it is just you and one other person. Once you are a 5-star celebrity, and are at level 10 in your career, you can move out and into one of the celebrity home on the other side of the bridge.
10. You may now marry and enjoy your life.

Rules:
1. No cheating
2. I recommend turning aging off, you don't have to but I did.
3. You can make money in anyway you want, but you must go to work everyday.

Points System:
You begin with 10 points. Every time you get promoted you get 5 more.

If you dismiss a roommate early or become enemies with any of your roommates you lose 5.

If you can't pay the bills and get a visit from the repo man you lose 10.

If you miss work for any reason other than sickness, you lose 10.

If you get demoted you lose 10

Every time you complete a challenge for celebrity points, you get 5.

After you move out and get married, you have to turn aging back on. Every child you have is worth 5 points. If you sign an autograph for someone, you get 5. If the paparazzi take photos of you or you get a celebrity discount or you get the in the limelight moodlet you get 5.

If someone spreads rumors (even if they're true) you lose 10 points.

Thoughts? Scores? Improvements?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 8:46 PM
The roomate feature is in the University, and I don't have it. But it's not a big deal, I could add four Sims and not click on them.
I have a suggestion. Maybe you could have four Sims, and they compete for being celeberties. They could all be actors. Whoever has the least amount of celeberty points/work performance at the end of the week (or longer), or if every Sim but one has two celeberty stars then the last one, is evicted. You'll end with one Sim, then maybe when that Sim's child becomes a YA they can start the challenge back up.