Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2024 at 2:07 AM
Default wanting nanny leave when any parent arrives home from work
I am wondering if there is any hack to make the nanny leave when either of the parents come home from work. I seem to remember it was like this in sims 1.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Aug 2024 at 3:31 AM
Lazy Duchess's nanny mod will do that. It also improves a lot of the rest of the nanny code.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Aug 2024 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Lazy Duchess's nanny mod will do that. It also improves a lot of the rest of the nanny code.

Which mod in particular please, @kestrellyn and do you have a link?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2024 at 9:59 AM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Aug 2024 at 6:20 PM
This one: https://modthesims.info/d/657599/pl...ed-nannies.html

Sorry, I thought it was fairly well-known.

Thank you, silly me I didn't think to look on their profile here (was just thinking of Tumblr and patreon). Appreciated!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Aug 2024 at 6:55 PM
That sounds like it only uses playable nannies, though?

I usually just schedule the nanny using the sim who leaves later. When the first-work-shift parent arrives home, I get them to dismiss the nanny. Dismiss sends them home for the day. It is quite handy doing it this way as if the parent has any urgent needs to attend to, they can do this first before dismissing the nanny.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2024 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq

I usually just schedule the nanny using the sim who leaves later. When the first-work-shift parent arrives home, I get them to dismiss the nanny. Dismiss sends them home for the day. It is quite handy doing it this way as if the parent has any urgent needs to attend to, they can do this first before dismissing the nanny.

Yeah, I decided against that nanny mod because I wanted the option to also use the original nannies.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 7:09 AM

You don't have to have playable nannies. If you don't put anyone in the custom career, it will generate NPC nannies for you.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 1:47 PM
Teens, though. There's no option to keep the original elder nannies.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 2:37 PM
Yeah, I would like to keep my adult nannies that I have with (I think Squinge's) mod. And I don't want to put a custom career in my game. I also already have mods which alter nanny behaviour which would probably conflict.

It feels a bit wrong to me to have teens come over and be the full time childcare. OK for a night out or so.

This is all moot anyway because I don't need to solve the problem in the OP

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 3:31 PM
This is all moot anyway because I don't need to solve the problem in the OP

I didn't know that any adult could just dismiss the nanny without breaking her schedule, so thanks for that info.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 11:14 PM
You can manually dismiss the nanny, but this can be technically a big pain in the ass, as you have to interrupt whatever she is doing and it's problematic if she is carrying the baby/toddler at the time and sometimes she is just standing around in the bathroom and you can't do it because BUY shoos your playable sim out of the bathroom automatically but doesn't touch the nanny.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 11:27 PM
You can manually dismiss the nanny, but this can be technically a big pain in the ass, as you have to interrupt whatever she is doing and it's problematic if she is carrying the baby/toddler at the time and sometimes she is just standing around in the bathroom and you can't do it because BUY shoos your playable sim out of the bathroom automatically but doesn't touch the nanny.

I've been known to force error on an occupied nanny and reset her so my playable can dismiss her.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 3:18 PM

I don't use BUY, but I do remember the nanny trying to avoid a sim who wanted to dismiss her after she refused to leave at the end of her shift.