Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#901 Old 9th Aug 2024 at 3:10 PM
A mod that disables sinks/baths/showers/etc. spraying water everywhere when they're broken. It's just fustrating.
Also a tuning mod that decreases (or increases) the chance of stuff breaking.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#902 Old Yesterday at 3:17 AM
I wish someone who knew how to code well could make some franken-traits.

Specifically: take the already existing traits and combine 3-5 of them into one trait, and remove the "conflicts with" dynamic.

I have been thinking on this for a while, so here are several examples:
  • New trait called Lothario is Charismatic, Commitment Issues, Flirty, Hot-Headed, & Schmoozer. (Which are actual traits of the Sims 3 version of Don Lothario.)
  • Another new trait called Illustrious could be Artistic, Avant Guarde, Flirty, Great Kisser, & Irresistable. ( IlLUSTrious )
  • Trait called Career Oriented could be Workaholic, Born Salesman, Dislikes Children, Ambitious, & Snob
  • Materialistic could be Snob, Perfectionist, Frugal, & maybe Mooch.
  • Anxious is a mix of Neurotic, Excitable, Hot-Headed, Brooding, & Socially Awkward.
  • Sinister could be Evil, Mean-spirited, and Hot-Headed.
  • Flower Child could be Eco-Friendly, Green Thumb, Gatherer, Vegetarian, & Loves the Outdoors
  • Jock could be Athletic, Ambitious, & Daredevil.
  • Homemaker could be Natural Cook, Neat, & Nurturing.

I recognize that this would essentially require a player to have all the EPs to make it work, which may be limiting for some, but I think it could make for much more interesting sims.... Especially if you really could remove the "conflicts with" dynamic for the franken-traits. Then one may potentially double-up on traits; like Career Oriented, Materialistic, Workaholic, Snob, and Ambitious.

I imagine a sim with franken-trait Tech Savvy, which is Computer Whiz, Handy, Eccentric, & Genius also having the normal traits of Technophobe, and Workaholic (amongst 2 other obligatory traits) which, in theory, would create a sim constantly working from home on the computer, doing very well at what they're doing on the computer, but despising every second of it and occasionally getting so upset as to break their computer but they can repair it very easily.

I think y'all get the point and could probably come up with some fascinating combinations.
If it's even possible. I know NOTHING of coding. I'm just a mod goblin; I take whatever I think will add to my game.
Test Subject
#903 Old Yesterday at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
There is a mod that has a menstruation cycle but it also includes other features. Here is a mod review and the link from Wisteria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbMq3n_shTU

*Just be mindful that TS3 is mostly CPU-intensive, therefore any CPU-intensive mods can cause poor game performance.

I just wanted to add; it's called "Birds & The Bees;" it kind of works like a period cycle.... Kind of. A little glitchy in my personal game; sometimes my sim gets 2 moodlets at once. Or they change randomly.

In my game the mod DRASTICALLY affected my sims' fertility, but only sometimes, so pregnancies can be harder to make happen. I've had save files where I cannot get my female sim pregnant to save my head-cannon, and other files where she and her boyfriend/husband woohoo'd one time and then they immediately become parents. (This was regardless of whichever portion of the cycle my sim was on.)

Also Mingos has one other mod on the page where you download Birds & Bees; it's a... how to word this...
Screw it, I'll risk getting in trouble; it's a very simple cocaine mod. It lets your sim buy cocaine from the criminal rabbit hole, or you can find it in build/buy (at a significantly reduced price) and place it on your home lot and make your sim an addict. Stick that, a University Keg, and the Supernatural's Magic Jelly Bean plant on the same lot and you've practically got a pg-rated drug den.
Page 37 of 37