Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:47 AM
Default Any one else upset that.....
.....We can't build half walls. I really used them for a lot of purposes in the sims 2 and now we don't have the option to build them. Unless we do and i'm missing something. Am I?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:50 AM
we don't and i'm missing them too

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Alchemist
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:18 AM
I'm sure when I actually play the game I'll miss half walls, but just keep in mind that this is only the BASE GAME. Half walls came with an expansion in TS2, remember?
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:21 AM
Not much of an excuse cupcake... cars and gardening also appeared in eps.
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:29 AM
If they put in everything it would take up several DVDs, The base game is a whole DVD so it'd probably be 3-4 more at least for all the expansion content.
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:12 AM
I did miss them, yeah. I'm making do somewhat with using fences for SOME purposes. I am hoping and expecting to get half walls back at some point.

On the other hand, I like the new way of building stairs with options for selecting width a lot. EA giveth, and EA taketh away. LOL!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by j99450
If they put in everything it would take up several DVDs, The base game is a whole DVD so it'd probably be 3-4 more at least for all the expansion content.

Base game is actually 5.5 gigs or so the rest is padding. That just barely constitutes using a dual layer dvd. So Ea had roughly another 2-3 gigs to work with before they had to worry about space issues.
Instructor
#8 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by invock
Not much of an excuse cupcake...

Cupcakes?

Where?!

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Alchemist
#9 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
Cupcakes?

Where?!

My name. *points*
Instructor
#10 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cupcake12winx
My name. *points*

You have a dangerous, cannibalism-inducing name, Cupcake.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Alchemist
#11 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
You have a dangerous, cannibalism-inducing name, Cupcake.

That's what everyone says. (No, it really is. )
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:44 AM
My computer went and filed a report against me for verbal assault when I found out that half-walls were missing. Sailors sat down and took notes.

Build mode wasn't "revolutionized" HALF as much as the actual gameplay was, so the fact that they actually removed options from it made me absolutely livid. I know the business model and I knew going in that stuff I liked in TS2 wasn't going to be in TS3 for awhile. You know, things like "pets" and "apartments." The big EP selling points. Then I get in and find out that a staple build mode option has been cut. wtf is the logic there? Is the next expansion pack going to be called "Sims 3: BUILD MODE STUFF WE DIDN'T THINK YOU'D MISS"?
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:00 AM
What are half-walls?
Instructor
#14 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:37 AM
Walls that stopped at about the height of counters, they were great for dividing rooms and putting a little wall around the kitchen area, etc.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:39 AM
Half walls and spiral staircases!!
Also stages!

And how come now there are only modular stairs available?

But really, the thing I missed the most are spiral staircases. Real space-savers.
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by llmomiji_58ll
And how come now there are only modular stairs available?

Well, the modular stairs really function in both categories, since they get walls auto-added as sides if you install them between floors (walls which you can recolor or remove). I also like the ability to use any railing with any stair, though I would like it more if you could recolor them.

I sure hope it will be possible to recolor stairs, railings, fences and gates in the future That would be my biggest complaint. It's not something we had in Sims 2 either, but Sims 3 raised the bar on recolorability. I would rank that feature above half-walls, stages, and spiral stairs.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cupcake12winx
I'm sure when I actually play the game I'll miss half walls, but just keep in mind that this is only the BASE GAME. Half walls came with an expansion in TS2, remember?

T.T Nope I admit I don't remember that lol, out of the stuff that came in eps, I remember alot of the "Big" stuff... o.O half walls seemed so basic I admit they were overlooked and I kind of thought they were "Always there"

However since I dont remember, thank you for informing me of this T.T As now I can keep my hopes up that maybe it'll be in an expansion...

As for the spiral stairs o.O I admit I use half walls much more then those, most of my houses are based off of RL houses that I, or my family has lived in , T.T and unfortunately we never had anything as fun as that lol....
Eminence Grise
#18 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:19 AM
Funny, I lived in a house that had spiral stairs, but I've never lived anywhere that had a half-wall!