Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2024 at 8:51 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 14th Sep 2024 at 9:45 PM.
Default Mesh (by bruno?) for Milsa's Natur Fairy
I'm looking for the mesh for Milsa's Natur Fairy outfit.

It's supposed to use a mesh by @bruno, but the link is to a now-dead German site sims2-fashion.de. I've found the site on the Wayback Machine, but the archived site is painfully slow and unresponsive, and I'm not at all confident about finding the mesh on it. Eventually I found a likely looking mesh: Fee Mesh / Mesh_biene_feen221005. "Fee" is the German word for "Fairy", so I guessed that was likely what I was looking for, even though it said the mesh was by Biene not bruno. But of course it was all in vain -- the download didn't work. I suppose they rarely work or the Wayback Machine.

So can anybody help me find this fairy mesh? I thought it would be nice to give Titania (the Faerie Queen) a proper fairy dress. I spotted it while looking through people who shared CC on MTS in the early days of the site, seeing that it's celebrating its 20th anniversary today. I've tagged bruno seeing he was around MTS as recently as last year, but I'm beginning to wonder if the original mesh was really by Biene and not by bruno at all. "Biene" (which means bee) and "bruno" can sound quite similar. (The final "e" in German words is usually pronounced as a neutral unstressed vowel.)

So, does anyone know where I can get this mesh?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Sep 2024 at 9:18 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Sep 2024 at 10:33 PM.
From the download topic (translation is a bit iffy, but still understandable. I think the link to the original site is there more because of MTS uploading policy).
Quote:
Wings including, 3 colors, BieneĀ“s mesh is also including.

The mesh is included in the zip file (MTS download), and the wings are part of the mesh. No need to go on a mesh hunt for this one.

If in doubt (and before posting a wcif), first download the file to check if the mesh is hiding there. Then check comments, especially if it's an older download with a mesh from a dead site - sometimes you get lucky and someone has posted a working link.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2024 at 10:19 PM
Thanks simmer22! How I didn't spot that the mesh was included I don't know! Milsa says quite clearly that it is! I clearly didn't read the description properly. As for how I thought the mesh was by bruno I don't know that either! Bruno made the model's makeup: "Mesh" and "Makeup"both begin with an "M", and that seems to be as far as I read. Milsa says quite clearly that it's Biene's mesh, and it is the same one I found on the archive of sim2fashion.de.

[So, if you do come and read this thread @bruno, sorry for bothering you. The mesh is by Biene, not by you!]

One other thing: I used to use the Magnifying Glass to check what was in a download .zip or .rar, before I downloaded it, but the Magnifying Glass has recently disappeared. I think I'll raise that in Site Issues.

The motto I'll take from this is to read the text properly before I post.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Sep 2024 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I used to use the Magnifying Glass to check what was in a download .zip or .rar, before I downloaded it, but the Magnifying Glass has recently disappeared. I think I'll raise that in Site Issues.

Magnifying glass has been deprecated; all info about the contents of archives and files is now on the information tab.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Magnifying glass has been deprecated; all info about the contents of archives and files is now on the information tab.

Ahh! I was still using Old Style View. In Old Style it still says:
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents
But there isn't any magnifying glass. Now that I know, I'll just switch to New Style when I want to see the file content details. But maybe I should still tell Tashiketh, as Old Style is now inconsistent.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 10:45 AM
Yes, might be a good idea @AndrewGloria ! I didn't think to check the old style.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 2:22 PM
I forgot I had the slutty fairy outfit. XD I DLed it for my strip club. Must dig it out.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 11:51 PM
I don't think Titania will be too happy about her new Fairy Queen outfit being called slutty! Anyway it's actually not much skimpier than her current outfit!

Sorry for going a bit off-topic -- I couldn't resist it.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Sep 2024 at 11:48 AM
Well it's your topic, so derail it as you wish lol.

I have to admit that most of the clothes your sims wear mine wouldn't wear outside the bedroom. XD

I'd dress a fairy queen in something elegant, like this. https://modthesims.info/d/391266/lethean-gown.html