Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 6th Aug 2024 at 9:23 AM
My kids roll wants for puppies/kittens/pets all the time.

I think only teens+ wanting electronics is a sign of the game's age. No kids had electronics like that in 2005 when Uni came out.

A bush though LOL

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 6th Aug 2024 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
My teens get lots of wants for small electronics (cell phone, etc) which is cool, but kids should want those too.
I don't think Sims 2 children can even use a mobile 'phone (cellphone). I seem to recall a panic about radiation from mobile 'phones damaging children's brains, around the same time that Sims 2 came out (about 20 years ago). This may be a reason why EA/Maxis didn't enable personal electronics for children.

Popularity and Romance Sims (and possibly Family Sims?) seem to get lots of social wants, but I'd like to see more social wants for other Sims. After all, Sims are at heart basically social animals (as are we all!). Teenage Knowledge Sims who are not in a relationship can be particularly hard to please with wants that don't threaten their lives or my sanity.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 6th Aug 2024 at 3:16 PM Last edited by Charity : 7th Aug 2024 at 12:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Popularity and Romance Sims (and possibly Family Sims?) seem to get lots of social wants, but I'd like to see more social wants for other Sims. After all, Sims are at heart basically social animals (as are we all!). Teenage Knowledge Sims who are not in a relationship can be particularly hard to please with wants that don't threaten their lives or my sanity.

Not all of us are social animals lol. Now get off my lawn!

I find that knowledge sims usually roll skill point wants, so it isn't too hard to keep them happy.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 1:00 AM
And then there is ME - often striving to make my little simmies MISERABLE! You think you are one sex pot? You get a secondary of family! You want money but you are mean? You get POPULARITY as a LTW, and no job - or better yet, you get fired from every miserable job you get.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#30 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 12:47 PM
And then there is ME - often striving to make my little simmies MISERABLE! You think you are one sex pot? You get a secondary of family! You want money but you are mean? You get POPULARITY as a LTW, and no job - or better yet, you get fired from every miserable job you get.

Random thought. I wonder if someone with the Popularity aspiration who is mean can be kept in aspiration gold with negative interactions. Would they actually roll wants to make enemies etc.?
Mad Poster
#31 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 7:51 PM
Charity: I've never seen a want to make an enemy; will have to look for! I HAVE seen a want to make an enemy be a zombie; or worse, "drink" an enemy - meaning they not only want them dead they want to eat them OMG gross!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Random thought. I wonder if someone with the Popularity aspiration who is mean can be kept in aspiration gold with negative interactions. Would they actually roll wants to make enemies etc.?

Mean sims can get the power want to 'have a bad reputation' So having enemies would lead towards that even if making the enemy itself isn't a want. Mean sims should have more mean type wants like "Annoy X" "Spill drink on Y".

I would also like give gift wants, especially towards sims who just got engaged, married, pregnant or just had a baby.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#33 Old 8th Aug 2024 at 12:58 AM
Charity: I've never seen a want to make an enemy; will have to look for! I HAVE seen a want to make an enemy be a zombie; or worse, "drink" an enemy - meaning they not only want them dead they want to eat them OMG gross!

I've seen pixels actually roll wants to 'see the ghost of x", which means they're probably not above helping the subject of the want to become one...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#34 Old 8th Aug 2024 at 2:16 AM

The "drink" for enemies want is tied to the cowplant. Cowplant is hungry and makes lure-cake, enemy eats cake, cowplant makes milk, sim drinks milk. Recycling!

You can make a proper ingame zombie by resurrecting a sim for a too low sum with the career reward Resurrect-O-Nomitron (Grim wants hard cash, preferably lots of it. No idea what for, though...).

I've seen wants for "see X's ghost" - which is self-explanatory. Any ghost type will do, as long as it's their enemy.
(I think this one also can show as fears, though I'm not sure)
Mad Poster
#35 Old 8th Aug 2024 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You can make a proper ingame zombie by resurrecting a sim for a too low sum with the career reward Resurrect-O-Nomitron (Grim wants hard cash, preferably lots of it. No idea what for, though...).

Hey, those hula zombies are expensive! Either that or Olive Specter is high maintenance.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The "drink" for enemies want is tied to the cowplant. Cowplant is hungry and makes lure-cake, enemy eats cake, cowplant makes milk, sim drinks milk. Recycling!

)

==
And I have a cc object that lets you CHOOSE what kind of resurrection you want.

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 9:08 AM Last edited by Ruusupapu : 19th Aug 2024 at 9:22 AM.
I've seen some wants that I don't like - like a toddler wanting a BUSH for ### sake. Do kids ever get a want for a cat or dog? Or even the generic PET? My teens get lots of wants for small electronics (cell phone, etc) which is cool, but kids should want those too. Never seen a want for perfume or jewelry - unless they are in a "store" where they are for sell. Would like to see want to "move out" not just for new adults, but for any age if they are miserable, especially a spouse being cheated on.

My child sims usually wants a pet. I think it is quite normal want. I am not sure are children able to use cell phones etc. so why want something they could not use?

I think the problem with wants is that they stays same. I have a sim who gets all he want but it means quite boring gameplay. He wants play his drums and games or buy new things all day long. He never get tired. There is similar situation with being social. Your sim wants to talk with friend. After talking she wants joke with friend. After joking she wants play with friend etc. until is too late or player get tired. It would be more interesting if there is more and different wants. I moved a townie into university had a want "be popular on the campus." I would like to see rare (and little bit difficult) wants like this more.

Also, there is wants that are available only with specific aspiration desbite they are quite common thing to do, like going to community lot. Why family oriented sims would not want to go out?

My ideas for new fear and wants:
Get rejected from private school as a want. According the memoir text not all sims want to study in private school. This would add drama if parents wants their child to the private school.
Clean something as a want for extremely neat sims.
Get a job as a fear for extremly lazy sims or sims who want to be a stay home parent. (But I would not like to all family sims to be stay house parent.)
Meet new sim or go to date for extremly shy sims.
Have a new job even when sim has already a job. Not every sim enjoys their job.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruusupapu
My child sims usually wants a pet. I think it is quite normal want. I am not sure are children able to use cell phones etc. so why want something they could not use?

In my hood, I noticed that a child Sim often rolls a want to get a puppy/kitten after they get an A+. I wonder if this is programmed or just RNG and pattern-seeking brain.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 20th Aug 2024 at 2:27 AM
I would add a generic "Reach Top of Career" LTW to cover all the custom non-Maxian careers.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 2 of 2