2 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2024 at 9:25 PM
What's your favourite thing about your least favourite EP?
Which TS2 expansion pack consistently makes the bottom of your tier list? For me, I'm still staunchly giving an F for FreeTime after all these years. No EP comes close in the number of hacks I go searching for to nuke many of its core features.

HOWEVER, the secondary aspirations are a perfect fit for the game. I appreciate some of the motive faff being reduced so I can focus more on storytelling with my Sims. And let me tell you, there is nothing that compares to the bottle of problems you can pop open by making a Family/Romance Sim.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 3:24 PM
I can't think of any EP that I really don't like. XD So I'll give a good thing about all of them.

Uni: New life stage. Further education options.
Nightlife: Mrs Crumplebottom, ok maybe not. XD Cars, dating, Pleasure aspiration.
OFB: The ability to set up a business and customise it to your liking with regards to menu, employees etc.
Pets: Animals! As a pet lover in RL, my sim world would feel wrong with no cats or dogs!
Seasons: The different types of weather and the stuff you can do in them (like snowman making when it snows).
BV: I like the themed Tropical/Asian/Forest stuff. Also, the ability to take sims away from the daily grind for a while.
Freetime: Hobbies give sims an extra dimension to their personalities. Also, the secondary aspirations. Because noone is usually wedded to one thing only. I like the added complexity.
Apartment Life: Witches. I like witches. XD
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 3:56 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th Sep 2024 at 9:09 PM.
^ Same.

Uni: I used to play Uni quite a bit during my first 1-2 years of playing the game, and had so much fun with it, but I don't think I've had my sims set foot in Uni since then. I've never played sims without Uni (installed it together with the BG when it was relatively new, and always had it installed since), so it's pretty much integrated with the gameplay for me. I think there are several smaller things I probably like, such as social interactions.
Nightlife: Cars (more spesifically TS2's properly animated cars). Probably several other things as well. This too is one of the packs I'm always having some trouble distinguishing from the BG.
OFB: The craftable toys and flowers + shelves.
Pets: I'm a bit on and off with the actual pets, but play them once in a while. Happy they're there (and thankful they're much less buggy than in TS4). And with the mod that makes the baby animals have proper fur colors, it's even more fun.
Seasons: I like that it has weather/seasons and all the extra options, but it also used to cause quite bad pink-flashing issues for me, so had to turn weather off via a mod. I always wished it had more options for snow play, though. Gardening is quite neat, and having outerwear as a separate option is very useful.
BV: Rarely used the actual vacationing, but it does come with quite a lot of fun items. It does have some missed opportunities for beach/sea activities.
Freetime: All the interactable hobby-based objects. Up until mid-09 this was my last EP, so I got plenty of opportunities to test all the functions.
Apartment Life: Never was that interested in the witches or apartments, but it has a lot of extras I really love. I don't know how I managed for so long without the "freeze" coding and shifting up/down - spesifically for taking pictures, but the latter also for decorating. The ability to use the Store baby toys also makes me love this pack. Plus, I think it comes with some toddler-spesific things (spring rider and "toddler hug", if I'm not mistaken? Could be FT, too), and some playground items.
(M&G): (While not a "proper" EP, it still counts as one as far as the game is concerned) - if not for this one, finding CC and mods these days would be a nightmare... I like the outside flowers quite a bit, and some of the building options. Maybe not my favorite, but wouldn't be without it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2024 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Uni: I used to play Uni quite a bit during my first 1-2 years of playing the game, and had so much fun with it, but I don't think I've had my sims set foot in Uni since then. I've never played sims without Uni (installed it together with the BG when it was relatively new, and always had it installed since), so it's pretty much integrated with the gameplay for me. I think there are several smaller things I probably like, such as social interactions.

That's funny, circumstance had it that University was my last EP. I still need to get inducted into a secret society.

I can relate to that full integration, though. I dug every last thing I could out of OFB for a long while, even cheating in T-posing vampires when I didn't have NL. Now? I'm not sure I'll ever trust a Sim to own a business again.

Servos can stay though, they're rad.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2024 at 4:11 AM
I guess BV can actually give sims an extra want slot, and there's some business use-case for learning massages. Let's go with that.
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Sep 2024 at 5:33 AM
I like new hairs and clothes, the techie computer and big television from Apartments. I extracted the objects to use in FreeTime, but could not make the clothes work. You need to be Einstein to understand clothes. I don't like anything else from Apartments. It upsets too many old things like a new installment of Microsoft Windows.

All other packs are good. They may have had only a few things each that were in need for patching. But I don't need to go to university or on vacation if I don't want to.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Sep 2024 at 7:31 PM
OFB has ... shelves. I'll go with that.

Running businesses is a chore, some of the businesses don't work, and visiting a business as a playable is pointless.
OK. I built a sex robot once, but afterwards, I decided I'd rather not go there.
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 12:04 AM
I would say that Bon Voyage is my least-used EP but I guess I like jewelry. When I remember to put it on my Sims.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 12:49 AM
Bon Voyage has many faults, but one supreme accomplishment: Walk to Lot!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#10 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Bon Voyage has many faults, but one supreme accomplishment: Walk to Lot!

Oh yes, totally forgot--that is the best!
Forum Resident
#11 Old Today at 9:03 PM
Least favorite EP is probably Pets. It felt like a downgrade from Sims 1, which had turtles, iguanas, and multiple bird options, and the cats and dogs didn't seem that expanded other than the jobs, which I never use. Also CAS for pets- too many of the premade dog breeds look wrong, and customizing pets is way too complicated. I shouldn't have to scroll through 20 layers of fur when all I want is 2 dogs with slightly different coloring patterns so they're not identical.

I like having pets in the game.