Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#14901 Old Yesterday at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Godparents. A pregnant Sim can ask their friend to be the godparent of their baby. When the infant is born, this would set the family flag between them.

Also, an option to set another playable (another relative, or the aforementioned godparent) as a child's guardian. If the parents die and the child gets taken by the social worker, they (and any funds from selling the house) get moved to the guardians' house. Ideally, the social worker would bring them, but teleporting them would probably be easier.

Those ideas actually sound like fairly fun and easy things to make. Godparents could just be done with found family, all it needs is a social interaction and maybe a token if you want the social to work before the child is born - a token would result in yet another conflicting birth mod, so it might be better to just allow proposing godparentage to already-born babies. Naming a guardian and teleporting a child to them would also be easy, but I wonder how actually difficult modding in a new social worker scenario would be, since the code for bringing the child already exists. The main difference would just be that it would skip all of the family tree and memory rejiggering that normally happens when kids are adopted (although we would probably mark the guardian as found family, unless you wanted to do that at the time that the guardian was originally assigned).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14902 Old Yesterday at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
What I couldn't remember is if they did it from a standing sim position, in which case, the animations would likely be transferrable to any sim; or if they did it from that floating ghost position, in which case the anims are probably damn near worthless for a non-ghost sim. Appreciate the videos, and the feedback. they show that the ghosts are sorta floating when they scare, which makes things harder.

If you could make the Bleh interaction available for any sim then it might work.
Mad Poster
#14903 Old Yesterday at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
If you could make the Bleh interaction available for any sim then it might work.

allmenus on

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#14904 Old Yesterday at 2:46 PM
allmenus on

Isn't that going to make every interaction available for every sim?
Mad Poster
#14905 Old Yesterday at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Isn't that going to make every interaction available for every sim?

Yep. It's simultaneously one of the most useful and annoying modifications you can do to the game. Wading through some of those menus is a pain...
Mad Poster
#14906 Old Today at 12:20 AM
For Create-a-Pet, a slider for leg length.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#14907 Old Today at 7:36 AM
What happens if you use stretchSkeleton on pets? Because leg length sliders first made me think of height, and the cheat is how we adjust Sims' height.
Top Secret Researcher
#14908 Old Today at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
What happens if you use stretchSkeleton on pets? Because leg length sliders first made me think of height, and the cheat is how we adjust Sims' height.

I don't think that cheat works on pets?
It would be good to make middle size and extra large dogs like Great Dane.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#14909 Old Today at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp

Bad things.

Top Secret Researcher
#14910 Old Today at 10:10 AM
I wish there were more hobby things from real life to do. Like diamond painting or so.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14911 Old Today at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Like diamond painting or so.

??
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#14912 Old Today at 12:03 PM
Bad things.

I knew it was going to be that picture, so why did I click on the spoiler? My eyes! XD Why does the tongue in particular reverse direction? And would that happen to stretched sims if they had tongues?

I had to disagree, because there was no 'no, get it away from me' button. XD

Quote: Originally posted by simsample

??

You could put a custom picture like that into the paintings folder and have a sim paint it.
Page 597 of 597