2 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2024 at 10:59 PM
Default Plantbabies with spouse
Is there a mod that checks if a plantsim is married before making a plantbaby and makes the spouse adopt the plantbaby as the second parent?
Forum Resident
#2 Old Yesterday at 11:02 AM
Haven't heard of those, but you should get a similar effect with midgethetree's hereditary supernaturalism mod: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...ernaturalism-v2

That way, a child of a plantsim and a human would have a 50 % chance of also being a plantsim (lifestate changes when becoming a toddler, since there is no baby lifestate for plantsims).
Mad Poster
#3 Old Yesterday at 12:14 PM
You can have them adopt it after the fact with the Sim Blender. It won't satisfy the "have a baby" want for them, but I don't think the plantbaby satisfies that want for the actual parent, either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old Yesterday at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You can have them adopt it after the fact with the Sim Blender. It won't satisfy the "have a baby" want for them, but I don't think the plantbaby satisfies that want for the actual parent, either.

It actually does lol!
I do use sim blender right now, but I was wondering if there was a better way. If I could code I would probably make a mod but sadly I'm not that good.
Mad Poster
#5 Old Yesterday at 5:54 PM
The issue is the interface, mostly. You'd probably have to launch a dialog to choose the second parent, and then you'd have to choose who to allow in the dialog, etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old Today at 9:48 AM
The issue is the interface, mostly. You'd probably have to launch a dialog to choose the second parent, and then you'd have to choose who to allow in the dialog, etc.

Wouldn't it be possible to simply do a check?
If the Sim is married, use the spouse as the parent.
If the sim is not married, use ideal plantsim as the parent.
Mad Poster
#7 Old Today at 10:23 AM
Not really. The sim could not actually be married to whoever you wanted to use as the second parent, they could be married to multiple people, etc. Ideal plantsim never appears as the parent of a plantbaby, regardless.
Mad Poster
#8 Old Today at 1:20 PM
@kestrellyn Would Name the Father work?

https://modthesims.info/d/636945/name-the-father.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old Today at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
@kestrellyn Would Name the Father work?

https://modthesims.info/d/636945/name-the-father.html

I thought abot that, but PlantBaby generation does not involve a pregnacy state.
Although the concept is very similar, as I would like to name the plantaby's other parent as this mod does.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old Today at 2:21 PM
Not really. The sim could not actually be married to whoever you wanted to use as the second parent, they could be married to multiple people, etc. Ideal plantsim never appears as the parent of a plantbaby, regardless.

What about an interaction like "Propose.../Have a plantbaby together" that pops up in the menu with the same relationship requirements of a "Try for a baby"?
If the other sim accepts, the plantsim then proceeds to sporulate the new baby.
The baby still gets the same genetics of Ideal Plantsim but the second sim also gets named as the parent of the new baby.