Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 6:16 AM
Default TS3: Recording Videos for Movie Makers
Hello,
I purchased this game just for movie making and I'm not impressed with the video recording tool. I don't know if it's my game or my computer but I have all my graphics set to high and the video options set the high with or without sound. When I record them and watch the videos outside the game it looks very pixeled. (But it doesn't look pixeled in the gameplay)
Does this happen to anyone else? If so can you tell me how to get my videos to look better.

Here's what it looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjZIX959g6M

Thanks.

Jenn
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:10 AM
Its happening to me too. I thought it might have been my video card. I've changed the capture files to record in 1920x1080p at 60fps.. still its very blurry and ugly!

I haven't figured out a way around it yet. People who know what they're doing please help us out!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by filippinokidd
Its happening to me too. I thought it might have been my video card. I've changed the capture files to record in 1920x1080p at 60fps.. still its very blurry and ugly!

I haven't figured out a way around it yet. People who know what they're doing please help us out!

I thought it was my video card too. I looked on youtube and seen that other people's Sims 3 videos had those pixels in them too. But I think I figured it out. If you record on the highest (uncompressed) setting they won't come out blury at all. The bad thing is by doing that your videos can be over a GB in size.
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenniferpink
I thought it was my video card too. I looked on youtube and seen that other people's Sims 3 videos had those pixels in them too. But I think I figured it out. If you record on the highest (uncompressed) setting they won't come out blury at all. The bad thing is by doing that your videos can be over a GB in size.

anyone know if we can change the default codec they use? maybe the codec sucks? I don't want to record uncompressed because 5 seconds of uncompressed 1080p is like 1gb.