Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 17th Jul 2024 at 9:14 PM
Tourists and Locals definitely only ever get added if you add a vacation hood. I've had UC for a long long time, but never added a vacation destination to any hood and I've never seen those townies ever.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 3:10 AM
I do have all the no-spawn mods. I disabled Neighborhood Templates by renaming (the 5 stealth hoods.)
As for "Vacation locals/tourists will only spawn if you have a vacation destination"... I DON'T have any installed, but joandsaray77 says they WILL spawn (48 of them!). I DID get 48 "townies" in the main hood, I assume from the vacation hood (this was before I had renamed it-thinking no townie would generate because I had no vacation destination).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
That is fine. The basegame hoods should be in "The Sims 2/TSData/Res/UserData/Neighborhoods". To prevent Base game townies from spawning, rename the "N001" folder.

There IS NO N001

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Tourists and Locals definitely only ever get added if you add a vacation hood. I've had UC for a long long time, but never added a vacation destination to any hood and I've never seen those townies ever.

That's what I thought, but joandsarah77 told me otherwise.

Mad Poster
#30 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 4:31 AM
Just because you don't see townies doesn't mean they don't exist. The vacation townies are all banned from appearing in the main hood unless you use the visitor controller or customer selector to specifically allow them, so if you only play the main hood you'll never see them regardless of whether or not they exist. The vacation locals are specific to specific vacation hoods and probably don't get generated unless you add those hoods, but the tourists and NPCs aren't, and almost certainly exist regardless of the existence of any particular vacation hoods.
Instructor
#31 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
There IS NO N001

Oh boy.

Maybe a video will better help you,

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

My spiritual accountability website:
https://bequietnomoreyou.wordpress.com

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 10:03 PM
That is fine. The basegame hoods should be in "The Sims 2/TSData/Res/UserData/Neighborhoods". To prevent Base game townies from spawning, rename the "N001" folder.

How odd: I did find N001 there and changed name.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 10:11 PM Last edited by grammapat : 21st Jul 2024 at 3:36 AM.
Oh boy.

Maybe a video will better help you,

I have done that before: I do remember that I used to be able create new hoods that didn't spawn all those stupid townies.
I never play downtown, business, or vacation hoods - except ones I create myself. Ummm So sounds like the four stealth hoods I was told to rename, plus Bon Voyage, are not enough.
And Joandsarah77 said even with no Bon Voyage installed, it will produce a lot (43?) of townies. Someone else said no.
Think we are all tired of this...

Mad Poster
#34 Old 21st Jul 2024 at 8:29 PM
Ah in that case - I think I probably put empty BV templates in before ever playing a hood with BV loaded! When I said "never seen" I did not mean as walkbys - I meant in SimPE.

Grammapat have you managed to check the Neighbourhood in SimPE to check what the character files are which have appeared in your hood? As I mentioned before, my mysterious one I managed to get was AL Social Group townies.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Page 2 of 2