Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#34426 Old Yesterday at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Is there a way to create Hiders for the Maxis Beddings?

Noo, you just want to find some defaults. They exist everywhere, but you can take any cc beddings and replace the textures with them if you don't find one you like.
Advertisement
Scholar
#34427 Old Yesterday at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Noo, you just want to find some defaults. They exist everywhere, but you can take any cc beddings and replace the textures with them if you don't find one you like.

Yeah, I used the ones found on here for a while and wanted new ones.
Then I found some Sims 4 Bedding as default and switched to that.
Mad Poster
#34428 Old Yesterday at 7:29 PM
Is there a way to reorganize memories either through SimPE or some other program? I don't want to have to delete a bunch of memories just to add one or two to a Sim.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34429 Old Yesterday at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Is there a way to reorganize memories either through SimPE or some other program?

Yes, you can select a memory and use the move arrows to change its position in SimPE.
Mad Poster
#34430 Old Yesterday at 8:34 PM Last edited by HarVee : Yesterday at 9:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, you can select a memory and use the move arrows to change its position in SimPE.

I've been using SimPE all this time and somehow, I missed that.

Edit: that actually brings me to my next question, is it safe to delete all the gossip 'memories' in SimPE? Can't seem to find much info on how that affects the game, I only seem to find a lot things regard the batbox, which is not a thing I use.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34431 Old Yesterday at 10:36 PM
Yes, you can safely delete anything in the memories. As always backup before using SimPE!
Mad Poster
#34432 Old Yesterday at 11:03 PM
Thanks for your response @simsample

I've been 'cleaning' up the memories of Plot of Land like you suggested to do in that thread and was just curious if this would cause any issues. None found insofar from a quick test session. Now onto adding more memories. My idea is to give memories to all (playable and townie) Sims to give a better sense of backstory and of course to have things make chronological sense.

Mad Poster
#34433 Old Yesterday at 11:15 PM
I've been using SimPE all this time and somehow, I missed that.

Edit: that actually brings me to my next question, is it safe to delete all the gossip 'memories' in SimPE? Can't seem to find much info on how that affects the game, I only seem to find a lot things regard the batbox, which is not a thing I use.

Be careful with this— custom tokens added by hacks may show up as memories when loaded in SimPE. In my hood, ACR tokens appear to be gossip about stray pets. Loading the downloads folder in the SimPE filetable will make it appear properly.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#34434 Old Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Be careful with this— custom tokens added by hacks may show up as memories when loaded in SimPE. In my hood, ACR tokens appear to be gossip about stray pets. Loading the downloads folder in the SimPE filetable will make it appear properly.

Well, I can't say I use ACR (don't even really know what is exactly or does), but it's good to know about hack tokens being disguised. Thanks for letting me know

Is there a way to know what hacks I have that may add custom tokens? I have several hacks and don't even remember where I got some of them from!

edit: What exactly happens if you accidently delete a custom token? does that make objects and interactions that rely on it to stop functioning? Does it cause 'hood corruption? Jump bugs?

Scholar
#34435 Old Today at 12:41 AM
Depends on what the mod uses it for. Usually a token is a mark that some event has happened in the past. It should handle the case where there is no mark as if you had just installed the mod for the first time and haven't done that thing. But the author may also designed it not to fail gracefully. Any object can be added as a token. For example, "Computer - Cheap" to save novel progress. It is like a ticket in the pocket that says computer on it, and not an actual object.
Mad Poster
#34436 Old Today at 2:37 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : Today at 10:18 AM.
edit: What exactly happens if you accidently delete a custom token? does that make objects and interactions that rely on it to stop functioning? Does it cause 'hood corruption? Jump bugs?

It depends on what info is stored in the token. For ACR, you just lose the settings for that specific Sim. If you use Monique's computers, deleting the associated token will wipe out the Sim's bank account (this caused a stock market crash in Oakbrook after accidentally loading without the mod).

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#34437 Old Today at 6:35 AM
If you want to delete gossip without causing any issues, just use the batbox.
Mad Poster
#34438 Old Today at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If you want to delete gossip without causing any issues, just use the batbox.

Yeah, I downloaded it a while ago but haven't tested/used it yet. TBH I already spent an entire day removing all references to gossip in SimPE memory panel, as well as adding a hundred or so memories total to several Sims in my 'hood. Hopefully the batbox can remove any leftovers. If there are any that is.

Mad Poster
#34439 Old Today at 7:24 AM
How do i remove a particle effect stuck to a Sim's hand? I can't grab it with moveobjects and forcing error didn't work.

Screenshots

Mad Poster
#34440 Old Today at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
How do i remove a particle effect stuck to a Sim's hand? I can't grab it with moveobjects and forcing error didn't work.

haven't tried it yet, but according to research I did the "Nuke... Stuck SFX" option on the aforementioned batbox supposedly removes stuck things like that.

Mad Poster
#34441 Old Today at 7:42 AM
It worked!

Also I just realized the humour of a sim named Ty Bubbler having bubbles stuck to his hand.

Scholar
#34442 Old Today at 10:01 AM
Maybe you could use "Stop All Visual Effects" on COE if it is an effect and not an object in the hand. It also removes translucency.

I once played with fire causing the parent object to be deleted early before the fire faded, which left the fire effect on the ground, and it couldn't be removed in any way until a restart.
Mad Poster
#34443 Old Today at 1:59 PM
Do Sims become invisible to other Sims during woohoo? Sims tend to wander back in mid-cinematic when putting beds in dorm hallways, but I can't remember seeing any actual reactions to the Sims in the bed (not even shocked screaming if they're naked).

Mad Poster
#34444 Old Today at 9:27 PM
is it possible for two Sims to get the voodoo doll on the same vacation?

I had Kynda Pleasant fix the stuff for the witch doctor so she got the voodoo doll, but I vaguely remember the lot being fixed if I tried to send a different Sim on the same vacation.

Also how does a Sim become "Big Man on Campus"?

Bob Newbie rolled the want the minute I moved him into a dorm.
Page 1378 of 1378