Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11551 Old Yesterday at 1:29 AM
The "use coupon" option appears on dining podium if a nonplayable member of a casual group has one in their inventory.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11552 Old Yesterday at 9:48 PM
I learned that children can take part in Welcome Wagon visits. Normally they're not a available, because, like teens, they are at school at 12:30 p.m. on Mondays, when Welcome Wagon visits usually occur. But I recently enrolled Alexander Goth in Simlogical Flexi-School, so he could attend Bella and Mortimer's remarriage. Anyway all children need some time off school, and I use Simlogical Flexi-School to simulate school holidays or vacations. So, when the Daly family moved into 170 Sim Lane, Pleasantview, across the road from the Goth mansion, the Goths: Mortimer, Bella and Alexander came across the road to welcome them to the neighbourhood. Since I started using Simlogical Flexi-School (over ten years ago), I quite often get teens in the Welcome Wagon, but Alexander Goth is the first child -- the first in nearly twelve years playing The Sims.

Now I noticed another oddity about 170 Sim Lane. When I looked at the house in Neighbourhood View, the price was something over §28K. But when I opened the house in Lot View, to try to judge its suitability for my Daly CAS family, I noticed the price was about §24K! I added a double bed to one of the rooms, saved the lot, and exited to the neighbourhood, and found that the buying price (in Neighbourhood View) had dropped to about §24.5K! Unfortunately I didn't take note of the exact values, but the price change was a considerable help to the Daly family when it came to furnishing their new house. Now it should be noted that I have Tarlia's/meetmetotheriver's version of Pleasantview, so it may not be the same in the Maxis original version, but being able to save §4K in the price of a house just by adding a bed is certainly remarkable! Still, the Dalys aren't complaining!

It has really proved fortuitous for Alexander that he went along with his parents to welcome the newcomers. As I noted a few weeks ago, Alexander Goth must be the most uptight child I have ever come across, in Real Life or in The Sims. Maybe Mortimer and Cassandra were not the best companions for a sensitive child who lost his mother in circumstances he couldn't begin to understand. He desperately needs contact with friends his own age to bring him out of his shell. When I was playing the Goth household, I got a message that Alexander was about to become a teen. My immediate response was to turn Aging off -- Alexander is nothing like ready to become a teenager! Fortunately the Dalys have two boys about Alexander's age -- the twins Alan an Alex. Maybe they took compassion on Alexander when they saw him, but they immediately began to include him in their games and conversations. He's already made friends with Alan Daly, and I'm sure it won't be long till he makes friends with Alex Daly too.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 463 of 463