Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2024 at 12:18 PM
Default Help with annoying apartment issues – Mods/hacks needed!
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a mod to help with apartments because they're driving me nuts right now.

Here's what I'm dealing with:

Neighbors stay up all night outside, especially if there's a pool or swing in the common area.
Is there a mod that makes everyone go to bed by 11pm?

Neighbors block the stairs chatting, making it hard for other Sims to move.
Any mod that stops them from gathering in awkward spots? Ideally, something that makes them chat only in areas with at least 9 free squares around them.

Roommates won’t sleep, even with a free bed, and just complain until they pass out.
Is there a mod that makes roommates actually use available beds?

The landlord throws cheap pizza parties and leaves stinky boxes on the floor.
Can I stop this from happening or have better parties (especially in luxurious apartments buildings?

Thanks in advance for any tips!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Sep 2024 at 9:16 PM
Simlogical Apartment Fixes should help: https://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Page...rtmentFixes.htm
I've been using them in my game for years to control activity on apartment lot. I play small lots; from what you described you have a large apartment building. I am certain you will find what you need.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 7:08 AM
Pescado's apthack is an alternative, if you prefer that one better. For the pizza parties, just steal the pizza and stick it in your sim's inventory and it's free food for later.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emerald_phase
Roommates won’t sleep, even with a free bed, and just complain until they pass out.
Is there a mod that makes roommates actually use available beds?

That's a bug feature apparently. Roommates won't sleep in their rooms if there's noise coming from another apartment. The fix is to either not put their bed in a room that has a wall adjacent to another apartment, or to hang stuff all over the offending wall (which apparently stops the noise from coming through). Someone also said that they might not use the room if it has low environment.

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Pescado's apthack is an alternative, if you prefer that one better.

Link to apthack. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,13471.0.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2024 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
Simlogical Apartment Fixes should help: https://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Page...rtmentFixes.htm
I've been using them in my game for years to control activity on apartment lot. I play small lots; from what you described you have a large apartment building. I am certain you will find what you need.

However, my apartment lot has only four units, so it's not that big. Thanks for the link, but I’ve already tried that mod, and it seems to do the opposite of what I need. I want the neighbors to head home at night (or even during the day, really). Ideally, I’d only see them if I knock on their doors.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That's a bug feature apparently. Roommates won't sleep in their rooms if there's noise coming from another apartment. The fix is to either not put their bed in a room that has a wall adjacent to another apartment, or to hang stuff all over the offending wall (which apparently stops the noise from coming through). Someone also said that they might not use the room if it has low environment.

Link to apthack. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,13471.0.html

Thanks for the link! Regarding the roommates, I've placed them in rooms that don't have any direct contact with the neighbors. Plus, most of my apartments are stacked vertically, so there's no noise from other units.

I’ve also noticed the same issue with guests at hotels: any Sim you invite (outside your household) on vacation refuses to sleep at the hotel, and then they complain about being tired.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2024 at 10:16 AM
However, my apartment lot has only four units, so it's not that big. Thanks for the link, but I’ve already tried that mod, and it seems to do the opposite of what I need. I want the neighbors to head home at night (or even during the day, really). Ideally, I’d only see them if I knock on their doors.

You tried the sign saying 'nothing'? That says that it should stop them from coming out for anything except work and also stop the pizza party.

Thanks for the link! Regarding the roommates, I've placed them in rooms that don't have any direct contact with the neighbors. Plus, most of my apartments are stacked vertically, so there's no noise from other units.

I’ve also noticed the same issue with guests at hotels: any Sim you invite (outside your household) on vacation refuses to sleep at the hotel, and then they complain about being tired.

As a workaround, roommates (and guests) use the same code as pets. So 'boolprop controlpets true' will let you tell them to go to bed.