4 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#34551 Old Today at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I don't have Bon Voyage. What would happen if I placed this empty 2x2 lot here, and then used the Lot Adjuster to extend it back over the nearest bit of the sea?

Yes - the Lot Adjuster works for that. I have BV, so when I do that, I tick the "Is beach lot" box, at the same time as adding the land.
So... I don't know what it would do if you didn't have BV? At the very least, make sure the terrain is set to match the neighborhood - NOT flat.
Good luck!

Quote: Originally posted by Misaki Chan
...Can anyone roughly advise me on how to get more beach lots available to place on this Island?

Exactly what @simsample said. (And that grid view is freaky! )
You can use the NeighborhoodTerrain cheat right over roads, and raise/lower the whole island. You just can't use it on already placed lots. The area needs to be free of all lots.

I have a tip about how to create smooth beach lots at the beginning of my Build a Pier workshop video. (Cue it up around 4 minutes.) Now... that is for a different hood, but the same idea will work for your island too.

To get your beach lots lower - on your custom hood - I would start with the one place the beach lot did place, and work from there.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#34552 Old Today at 9:15 PM
I downloaded a small, but sumptuously furnished house by angellasimmer. The house came with a gnome standing by the front door. I placed the house near the sea end of Woodland Drive in Pleasantview, and moved two Sims (an adult Kiera Neville, and a teenage boy Lorian McNeill) into it. I understand that Keira has been asked to look after Lorian. On Wednesday evening Jennifer Burb came for dinner. While dinner was being served, Jennifer slipped outside and stole the gnome! She then went back in, enjoyed her dinner, and eventually went home, with the good wishes of Keira and Lorian, but no doubt with their gnome stuffed into her inventory.

Believe it or not, this is the first time a gnome has been stolen in my game, and I don't know what to expect next. When I play the Burbs, should I expect Jennifer to get the gnome out and stand it up somewhere? And then should I expect Keira or Lorian to come round to steal it back? Should I do anything? Or should I leave it up to my Sims to sort this matter out among themselves? Such a thing has never happened in my game before, and I just don't know what, if anything, to do!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#34553 Old Today at 9:46 PM
@AndrewGloria - yes, Sims steal gnomes

Sims also go and steal their gnomes back - they tell you with a pop-up (I am going to steal my gnome back) and off they go.

Some of my sims have returned with a collection of gnomes, which they certainly did not own before....
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#34554 Old Today at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
IWhile dinner was being served, Jennifer slipped outside and stole the gnome! ...I don't know what to expect next. When I play the Burbs, should I expect Jennifer to get the gnome out and stand it up somewhere? And then should I expect Keira or Lorian to come round to steal it back? Should I do anything? Or should I leave it up to my Sims to sort this matter out among themselves? Such a thing has never happened in my game before, and I just don't know what, if anything, to do!

Oh, this is one of my favourite things in The Sims 2! I keep records of who has stolen who's gnome, and one gnome in Lacuna D has beem stolen and retrieved through many generations of the same household.

No, the sim who steals does not get a gnome in their inventory. I wish they did! But, someone in the family of the stolen gnome will get a push, usually 11.30PM onward, to steal back the gnome. They will walk to the edge of the lot then rub their hands with glee, and do the mischievious giggle that sims stealing the newspaper do. They creep off the lot and return sometime later, either with the gnome in their inventory, or they will put it near the mailbox if nothing is in the way. If the gnome is in their inventory you will get a pop-up to say, 'I have stolen back my gnome, it is in my inventory'. If they miss the push, for example if they are busy or asleep, they may get the push again the next night, or even some nights later. I've had occasions where I've given up on the gnome being stolen back and purchased another, only to have a sim steal it back after a couple of weeks! It always seems to be the same sim who steals the gnome back. I'm not sure where the information for that is stored, does anyone know? In the lot file, maybe?

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Page 1383 of 1383