Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#34251 Old Yesterday at 6:46 AM
So.

Two families: The Kim and Gavigan families. Both of them begin with married couples, and for no real reason other "ridiculous traditions" I'm assuming that the wives took their husband's surnames. However, there's no ancestors.

In my game, both couples got divorced and while going through my database I just realized both wives are still using their married names because I have no idea what their original surnames could've been.

So, uh, any ideas what to do here?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#34252 Old Yesterday at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
So.

Two families: The Kim and Gavigan families. Both of them begin with married couples, and for no real reason other "ridiculous traditions" I'm assuming that the wives took their husband's surnames. However, there's no ancestors.

In my game, both couples got divorced and while going through my database I just realized both wives are still using their married names because I have no idea what their original surnames could've been.

So, uh, any ideas what to do here?

The Simblender gives the option to rename your sims' first and/or last name ?

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#34253 Old Yesterday at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3

So does the batbox, but he doesn't know what their maiden names might have been.
Scholar
#34254 Old Yesterday at 6:53 PM
A few random questions :

https://fracturedmoonlight.tumblr.c...t-pen-a-default

So I downloaded this and it worked fine, except when visitors to my lot pick up the rabbit to hold it ?
Then the game instantly starts running at 3x ?
When I saw that I adjusted the time back to normal.

It didn't seem to have that glitch when the sim who lived in that lot, picked it up.

Question : Do I need to readjust anything in my "Pets" expansion pack in the "C" file -- in the 86x folder EA games ?
Did this CC change any functions in the core files ?

Or do I just remove the CC and nothing is changed in the game itself ?
Let me know if this question should go in the 'help' section, thanks.

Second question :
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/571886852695319442/

I downloaded this lovely "House End Table and terrarium" from ekrubynafitt ; and was wondering if anyone has recolored them yet ?

Firstly ; I took out ALL of my hacks and the rabbit pen worked fine; even with sim visitors coming by and after my current playable sim 'greets' them --- they pick up my bunny and the game doesn't accelerate.
So I'll gradually add hacks back in to see where the conflict is.

I have 'no stray respawn' and other ones like 'caged pet fixes'.
I'll include a screenshot of my total hack list, and will add them gradually to see where the glitch is.
There haven't been any pet issues in other neighborhoods that do not have the rabbit cage default.
I totally forgot what the 'caged pet fixes' does !

Secondly ; The House endtable (not a shelf) and the terrarium were made (I think) by Simsbox, not Ekrubynafitt.

The Sims 2 Graveyard has a repository of their CC content. Some very nice stuff indeed !
I was curious if they can be be contacted about recoloring the House endtable ?
I tried to find the item description by the Simsbox creator (thought I'd found it a few days ago and I lost the link ).
Screenshots

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#34255 Old Yesterday at 10:47 PM

I already know how to change surnames. Don't know what to change it to.

Thinking of taking names from https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_o...lish#Last_names

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#34256 Old Yesterday at 11:37 PM
I already know how to change surnames. Don't know what to change it to.

Thinking of taking names from https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_o...lish#Last_names

What about taking one of the family names from a different language?
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Cynthia_Kim - like in French, her last name is Vangarde for example.
Mad Poster
#34257 Old Today at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
What about taking one of the family names from a different language?
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Cynthia_Kim - like in French, her last name is Vangarde for example.

I like that idea.

Scholar
#34258 Old Today at 12:50 AM
Found the issue, I think : It's the SimBlender. Take it out and the rabbit pen works fine, and the time doesn't speed up unless I manually set it.

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#34259 Old Today at 1:14 AM
Some hacks in my game may not be needed ?
I have "No Pet Code Spam".
I don't play pets that have a job, so maybe I can remove it ?

In the former Simbology site , it is called "No Pet Unlock Code Spam".

https://archive.org/details/nopetunlockcodespam

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#34260 Old Today at 1:14 AM
Has anybody else ever gotten frozen cashiers despite having SimWardrobe's fix? The cashier just stands there staring at the customers.

Scholar
#34261 Old Today at 1:27 AM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : Today at 2:08 AM.
Has anybody else ever gotten frozen cashiers despite having SimWardrobe's fix? The cashier just stands there staring at the customers.

I don't play stores (that my sim owns) very much.
Sorry this is happening in your game .

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#34262 Old Today at 4:56 AM
That fix tries to accomodate bigger stores where the customer has to walk a long time to pay after signing up with the register. It increases a time limit. A big store would have other inefficiencies with employees spending a greater proportion of time walking too. It does nothing in small businesses like Delarosa or Electronics Supercenter. If you have an even bigger store than the fix expects, possibly with stairs, then it will be insufficient.

I addressed the problem in a different way, by making the register clerk not react to the customer until he is close. A better way would be for the customer to enter the q after approaching, but that is a bit challenging to do while also remaining compatible with other mods.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34263 Old Today at 11:53 AM
Found the issue, I think : It's the SimBlender. Take it out and the rabbit pen works fine, and the time doesn't speed up unless I manually set it.

That's odd, I always have the blender on a lot, and my sims' visitors play with the rabbits just fine. :/
Top Secret Researcher
#34264 Old Today at 12:40 PM
Can you just backup your objects.package file as a precaution against game corruption? If that happens, can you just replace that file rather than reinstalling the entire game?
Mad Poster
#34265 Old Today at 12:55 PM
Just mark it as read-only and it can't get corrupted in the first place.
Mad Poster
#34266 Old Today at 1:16 PM
Some hacks in my game may not be needed ?
I have "No Pet Code Spam".
I don't play pets that have a job, so maybe I can remove it ?

In the former Simbology site , it is called "No Pet Unlock Code Spam".

https://archive.org/details/nopetunlockcodespam

I don't have that hack, but I do have the altered kissingpoints file that comes with it and goes in the LockedBins folder. I've never had any problems with pet jobs since doing that.

Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Can you just backup your objects.package file as a precaution against game corruption? If that happens, can you just replace that file rather than reinstalling the entire game?

Making it read only should protect it, but if some freak occurrence happens and buggers it anyway then a backup should work. Not sure, because mine is read only and I've never had to replace it *crosses fingers*, but the repair option if you have the UC might fix it as well.
Page 1371 of 1371