Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Aug 2024 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
If you want to make the second twin have the same face (because they are twins), you can copy the LxNR resource in SimPE. I have experienced an issue where the previous state of the clothing causes the face to completely disappear or be replaced with a basic one. They had something a bit wrong. Some Downtownies are like that. The person has two kinds of models inside, one is the facial structure, and the other includes the face and accessories. After LxNR is replaced, you need to go to a mirror or any makeover dialog (twice) to put it into effect. The modify facial structure creates a second copy of LxNR, and people who had never used that dialog will only have one. It is possible to put the second copy over the first and then the change is permanent.

Well, these are "twins" only in the sense that I made them both at the same time, in CAS, from the same parents, and happened to get lucky with the AI genetics. They're not really identical, which doesn't particularly bother me. Believe me, if I could use SimPE, I'd probably be doing it all the time, and more than likely doing more harm than good, knowing my "bull in a china shop" tendencies.

My beard grows to my toes;
I never wears no clothes;
I wraps my hair
Around my bare,
And down the road I goes. -Shel Silverstein
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Aug 2024 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Since you can't use Hood Checker you can try the bat box and the lot cleaner, or I assume you can use the lot cleaner. Honestly without hood checker I doubt my hood would be loading, it cleaned so much junk out of my Uber hood yesterday that the other mods could not fix. Years ago before I knew about the inventory fix in SimPE I killed a sim off as his crashing issues were getting worse to the point I only had to click his inventory or memories for my game to crash. So if you can't fix him I would try not to touch him, maybe an age up might help or not, maybe keep his inventory empty. But killing off your sim may at some point be your only solution to specific sim who crashes the game. Mac's to me are kind of play until you can't, toss and start fresh.

If you want to rar up your hood I could have a go with Hood Checker for you.

Thanks for that Hood Checker offer; I may take you up on it at some point. I did in fact empty out his inventory - a couple of fish-pond boots and a RenuYu flask - and in the end, I just aged them both up to Teen, which didn't make any difference. The aging process did correct some of what I was trying to do with the Gussy Up, though. I'll look into the Lot Cleaner. Where and what is it?

I wraps my hair
Around my bare,
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 21st Aug 2024 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chitownriverscum
Thanks for that Hood Checker offer; I may take you up on it at some point. I did in fact empty out his inventory - a couple of fish-pond boots and a RenuYu flask - and in the end, I just aged them both up to Teen, which didn't make any difference. The aging process did correct some of what I was trying to do with the Gussy Up, though. I'll look into the Lot Cleaner. Where and what is it?

It's on my lot cleaning tutorial https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188
The tutorial requires SimPE but the globe is a stand along item that looks like a globe on a stick. You can find the link down the end of the tutorial.
Some people report it doesn't crash on an occupied lot for them so I ran some tests. I think it may depend how corrupt a lot is as I have found on some lots it crashes every time and not others. If you want to move the sims out of the lot first use the simlogical stay all shrub. This item only fixes issues with the lot itself not the sims. Let me know if this works on Mac.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#29 Old 22nd Aug 2024 at 9:52 AM
It's on my lot cleaning tutorial https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188
The tutorial requires SimPE but the globe is a stand along item that looks like a globe on a stick. You can find the link down the end of the tutorial.
Some people report it doesn't crash on an occupied lot for them so I ran some tests. I think it may depend how corrupt a lot is as I have found on some lots it crashes every time and not others. If you want to move the sims out of the lot first use the simlogical stay all shrub. This item only fixes issues with the lot itself not the sims. Let me know if this works on Mac.

It's the one that looks like Professor Von Ball. XD
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 22nd Aug 2024 at 5:12 PM

I notice it says that it also removes the Hug Bug, but I already have the SuperDuperHugTest... Just want to make sure it won't clash with this one.

I wraps my hair
Around my bare,
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 22nd Aug 2024 at 5:23 PM
Chris Hatch Lot Cleaner:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....417#post5530417
Save, exit and reload lot if you are using on an inhabited lot (Chris recommends only do this as a last resort).
It will remove the hug bug as that is caused by an offworld item being spawned, and Lot cleaner deletes those (as does the hug bug tester). They won't clash.

The lot cleaner looks like this (see attached):
Attached Images

Mad Poster
#32 Old 22nd Aug 2024 at 5:51 PM
I think NSL protects against the hug bug too?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 22nd Aug 2024 at 6:39 PM
There are a lot of things that delete SDH now, but Chris Hatch's mod is the best, because unlike all the others a) instead of creating a new object to repeatedly check for SDH and delete it, it just modifies the SDH to autodelete itself, and b) it works in build mode. The only issue with it is that it spawns a scary dialog which often makes people think the SDH is still on the lot.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 22nd Aug 2024 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It's the one that looks like Professor Von Ball. XD

Ehr, no? It's a ball on a stick. Is there a newer version?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#35 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 3:16 PM
Ehr, no? It's a ball on a stick. Is there a newer version?

Nope. I was confusing it with this. XD http://cyjon.net/node/430
Page 2 of 2