Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 8:15 AM
Default Description of ah_NoAgeYA.package
I have an AncientHighway hack called ah_NoAgeYA.package. There's no readme. Does anyone know its purpose?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 11:58 AM
Take a look here:
https://web.archive.org/web/2020022...61086#msg161086
Chaavik says: "ah_NoAgeYA - If I recalled correctly, this mod addresses the hidden aging issue with YAs at Uni when Inteen and ACR are used (together or separate) in the game. This mod stops YAs from aging. They didn't age originally by Maxis design, but with ACR, they started aging normally as adults once they age up into YAs at college upon their arrival. What happens is that when YAs graduate and become adults, their fertility scores drop to 0%, rendering them unable to have children and are marked as "elderly adults"."
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 12:36 PM Last edited by kestrellyn : 29th Jul 2024 at 1:00 PM.
Huh, I've always used ACR and I've never had that problem.

Edit: I just checked two newly-graduated sims, and they have a pregnancy chance of 62%, which seems perfectly reasonable for adults just out of college. I have ACR but not InTeen or this AncientHighway mod.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 11:41 PM
Is it possible the glitch was an older version of ACR? I'm assuming you're using 2.0.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2024 at 4:00 AM
Maybe? I would have thought that if that were an issue, it would be pretty well-known.