Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 6:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Moving families to a subhood vs a new base hood
I have read this: http://nene.modthesims.info/wiki.ph...elp:Moving_Sims

My question is: does this only apply to moving between BASE hoods? Or does this also apply to subhoods?

In all my searching and Googling, I did find this:
"So, as long as you are moving families within the same neighborhood to subhoods (downtown, bluewatervillage and Uni) there shouldn't be any problems. It's moving sims from 'base' neighborhoods to another base neighborhood that the problem crops up. I hope that made sense and I read your question correctly."
(from here: http://modthesims.info/archive/index.php/t-238261.html)

Basically, I would like to have the above information confirmed before I risk messing up the game I've been playing for a while.

Thank you so much to whoever can help! :lovestruc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 7:33 PM
Further searching continues to indicate that moving between subhoods is fine, as long as you are not moving the family into the occupied lot bin to do so. So there's no need to answer this thread with a confirmation. However, if I'm misunderstanding something, do feel free to reply! I found the Mega Hood, which seems to further confirm that moving between subhoods is fine but moving families between BASE hoods is not.
Site Helper
#3 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 8:45 PM
Each base neighborhood and its associated subhoods can be considered to be one unit. You can move sims, via the Sim Bin, between a base neighborhood and any of its subhoods without any problem.

However, you should never try to move an occupied lot. If you are moving sims between a base neighborhood and its associated subhoods, you should instead move your sims to the Sim Bin and then move the unoccupied lot to the Lot Bin.

If you want to move between subhoods of two different base neighbrohoods, then you cannot use the Sim Bin or the Lot Bin.

Does that answer your question?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 3:04 AM
Perfectly!! That was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old Today at 1:01 AM Last edited by BaseGamePlayer : Today at 1:12 AM.
Good day everyone.
I have no idea where I'm supposed to post this so I'm continuing this post because I don't want to get in trouble for creating a new post of a similar question. (If that's how it works, idk!)

After reading the above thread I would like some additional information/confirmation.
So I want to only have 1 sub hood because I don't like jumping back and forth from town, to downtown, to vacation spot, to shopping district. Its really time consuming and it makes the game too big for my pc to handle with the adding of all these different hoods. So I thought I will use Bluewater Village as my only sub hood and just add elements of downtown to it. But then I realized that people ask to go downtown; Outings, Dates etc. (no one really asks to visit the shopping district) Plus I won't get the vampires and werewolves!
But I really want the Bluewater Families! I cannot recreate the Bluewater Village families because I do not know how to. I'm a noob. lol. So SimPE is off the table.
Side thought - Are the Bluewater families available anywhere for download? (This would include memories, history, family trees etc.)

Ok This is what I was thinking to do:

Attach a Bluewater Village subhood to the town I'm going to play (for example Pleasantview)
Move the families out to the sim bin.
Move their house to the Lots and Houses Bin.
Put the businesses owned by the Bluewater families and possibly a couple other premade Bluewater businesses into the Lots and Houses Bin (for example Jadore Bakery)
Go to downtown. Set up each family in their house/new house and give them back their businesses.
Go to game files and remove the attached Bluewater Village and thus remain with only 1 attached "downtown/shopping/City" area. (Plus someone may need to show me how to remove it but I think I've seen mention of it)

So my question is, is it possible to do that without completely crashing my game? Or am I crazy? lol. Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

Edit: I found this, though it does answer some questions, I don't want the subhood there taking up valuable memory space. lol. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...anging%20around.
Forum Resident
#6 Old Today at 8:48 AM
You could just add Bluewater Village as a shopping district, empty it of sims and owned businesses (does it have graves? If so, make sure you move those as well) and then just delete the subhood ingame. Removing it from the game files might cause trouble because I'd assume the game will still look for the subhood that it thinks is attached to the neighborhood, but if you just delete it after getting everything you want from there, there's zero issues with that.

Bluewater Village can be downloaded here: https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html , both as a main neighborhood and as a shopping district.

My current main neighborhood has no downtown, only a shopping district. I have actually removed several shopping district subhoods from there, because I added some sims via downloadable subhoods. Those only placed families in the sim bin, so they were safe to delete instantly. Then I added the actual shopping district subhood that I wanted, and no issues since. There's a Grand Vampire and several werewolves hopping around too, no need to add a Downtown for that.
Mad Poster
#7 Old Today at 9:15 AM
I believe you will need to have the sims specifically sell their businesses back to the community before you can put the business lots into the lot bin, but otherwise, yes, you can just put everything into the bins and put it in downtown if you want. But I believe there is actually a mod to prevent sims from being asked to go downtown if you don't actually have a downtown, and like Ovenhole said, the downtown isn't necessary for any supernaturals.