Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default just plain can't install the sims3
Alright I already tried going though the ea sims 3 site and I figured here was worth a shot. Basically I cant install the sims 3... at all. It's like I might as well have put a pancake in my cd rom drive because my cd rom drive will just plain not recognize it. No icon or other promts pop up. When I open on my dvd rom drive it says "please insert disk" After I tried for a while to get the game installed my brother took the disk and got it installed on his comp no problem.

After going on main EA sims3 site I figured it might be a "disk authentication error" but there is no DLA tab on the property's panal of my DVD/Cd drive nor are there any of the mentioned programs installed like alcohol 120% installed on my computer. The drivers for it are also up to date.

The specs for my computer are as followed:
Windows Vista Home Premium, 64 bit operating system
4.00 GB ram
processor : Pentium duel core CPU 2.50 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce 7100

I realize the graphics card isn't the best, I was planing on playing the sims 3 as best as I could until I get my laptop fixed which has a much better graphics card. This computer is only about a few months old.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you very much.
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:52 AM
Do other DVD's work in the drive?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
Do other DVD's work in the drive?

yes i believe so i was watching a DVD on it last week.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:04 AM
What about now?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:52 PM
I have the same problem. My DVDdrive is working perfect with other CD/DVDs and I have a graphic card NVIDIA 9800 and all of the other specifications are met.
The DVD installs on my friends computer (XP) so it's nothing wrong with the DVD, I guess.

The DVD can not be found in "explore", it only pops up the same message as for onigiri-chan: "Insert CD". I would be very happy to know if anybody had suggestions to what's going on...

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone. (Tommy Cooper)
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:56 PM
KyriaT, you have no way of knowing if your problem is related to the Op's problem...unless you were rooting around in her disk drive . Please start your own thread with your problem..make sure to post your system specs.