Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2024 at 6:31 PM
Default What features would you add?
I know this thread has been done redundant but - what features would you add to the sims 2?

Could be from ANY other game or even a mod, or your own idea!

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Aug 2024 at 7:57 PM
Sims being able to ride/sit on a fully controllable ridable item (bike, wheelchair, etc.), and I'd also love to have ridable+controllable horses.
Would also love it if sims were able to use some form of pushable item (lawnmower, vacuum cleaner, etc), and also a pushable item with a slot for babies and toddlers (strollers) that they can use outside and bring to community lots, and also baby carriers. Working baby/toddler car seats that ride with the car and let you take the small ones to community lots or on holiday would also have been great.

We've had some of this as mods, but most of the movable items are not controllable and don't work for travelling, and the rest are mostly "partially functional deco" objects.

These would've been great for modding new objects with. Currently there's little to work with when it comes to moving, controllable, ridable items.
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Aug 2024 at 9:59 PM
A basic simulation of piping for water and a heating system. Have the bills increase massively with the use of heating in winter. An ability designate functional parts of the house on the floor plan. Like the front door, bathroom or restaurant. There was a prison simulator with these things.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2024 at 10:47 PM
I would like TS2 toddlers to be able to do some of the things that TS4 toddlers can do. (Though before I get too jealous, I should remember that TS4 was going for several years before it had toddlers at all!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#5 Old 14th Aug 2024 at 12:04 AM
A banking system; plus the ability to buy more than one house so that sims could own another property (not just a vacation home), and having the opportunity to have a renting and landlord system. I already mimic these kinds of things in my game, but it'd be cool if it were an in-game feature so that payments could be automatic. I would also love for sims to be able to own their own apartment complexes and rent those as well, which reminds me: hotels or motels in your main hood! Pay by the night, doesn't matter why you're there.

And, my biggest dream of all: having playable sims be the service NPCs around town.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2024 at 12:08 AM
I'd like to see the career system something a bit more like TS3, with career branches and self-employment with the skill careers.

More skills, too. Kind of silly that a painter is also an instant expert the first time they pick up a guitar.

Being able to visit other households. Chris Hatch's mods let you do this but it's kind of weird (due to my rotation style, Sims visit at 6am ) and requires a car.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Aug 2024 at 12:12 AM
A proper university sports program. I never really cared that much about sports while I was at university IRL (closest I got was sitting next to one of the beaters from the university quidditch team in class for a semester, not even kidding!), but between scholarships and pep rallies and focus on athletics over academics and all those positives and negatives, I really feel like my universities have always been missing something without a Sims equivalent of the NCAA!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#8 Old 14th Aug 2024 at 12:29 AM
Speaking of university: young adults as an actual life stage, whether sims go to uni or not.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Aug 2024 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
Speaking of university: young adults as an actual life stage, whether sims go to uni or not.

You can already do that.

I would add too many things to list here, but suffice to say it would fill a new EP.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 2:49 AM
Some features of the PS2 port like layered clothing, tattoos, cooking system, food effects, creativity aspiration, etc.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 3:40 AM
Wants & Fears for pets.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
More skills, too. Kind of silly that a painter is also an instant expert the first time they pick up a guitar.
Ah, but creative Sims are polymaths, in the tradition of Leonardo da Vinci and his like. Whatever they turn their hand to, they're good at it!! It is a privilege granted to us TS2 Simmers, and to few other human mortals, that we can really get to know such talented geniuses, and accompany them in the day-to-day reality of their lives.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 4:00 AM
I can see someone mentioned me in this thread, but I can't see the post. I'm hoping that posting will make it appear...

EDIT: There!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Sims being able to ride/sit on a fully controllable ridable item (bike, wheelchair, etc.), and I'd also love to have ridable+controllable horses..

I suppose computers back then would literally sizzle and birth an egg if horses were in the gamešŸ„² Still wish we got them

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
A basic simulation of piping for water and a heating system. Have the bills increase massively with the use of heating in winter.

I understand what youā€™re on about but donā€™t the bills already increase with the in-game heating system (aka the radiators)šŸ¤”

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I would like TS2 toddlers to be able to do some of the things that TS4 toddlers can do. (Though before I get too jealous, I should remember that TS4 was going for several years before it had toddlers at all!)

What CAN toddlers do in ts4 that in ts2 canā€™t?šŸ™Š I thought they did the same stuff

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
A banking system; plus the ability to buy more than one house so that sims could own another property (not just a vacation home), and having the opportunity to have a renting and landlord system.

I wish we also got the ā€žpartner with businessā€ interaction that was in the sims 3šŸ˜« I imagine how it would play out as businesses in Ts2 arenā€™t rabbitholes

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Scholar
#18 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dontbebleakdahling
I understand what youā€™re on about but donā€™t the bills already increase with the in-game heating system (aka the radiators)

I've only played Apartments briefly where radiators were added. I don't think they are much more than an optional decorative object, similar to a fireplace. A person can warm himself through an action and that's about it.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dontbebleakdahling
What CAN toddlers do in ts4 that in ts2 canā€™t?šŸ™Š I thought they did the same stuff

(in a non-modded game)

Potty train themselves (some, anyway - or over a spesific level), grab and eat food if it's left out (best way to feed toddlers in TS4 - highchairs are a nightmare...), read toddler books, walk (without training), walk in stairs (with walking skill), put themselves to bed. They also have various personalities to choose from that are spesific for toddlers and affect toddler care (with pros and cons). They can also socialize with each other to the point where you hardly need parent interaction to fill their social skill if you have multiple toddlers. I've probably forgotten several things.

Several of these can be done in a modded TS2 game, though.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 3:42 AM
Neighbourhood layout modification to add and remove road tiles.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 28th Aug 2024 at 12:24 AM
Another feature stolen from TS3: the ability to set multiple outfits per category.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 1st Sep 2024 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Another feature stolen from TS3: the ability to set multiple outfits per category.

Additionally: Being able to remove outfits from the household. This would create an object which could then be gifted as a hand-me-down or sold at a deprecated value.