Hello. I decided to start this thread. Think this one haldly will ever be popular but I am really bored to death here so let's back in the groove.
Terms of use for this thread are pretty much simple: I am rebuilding some Maxis houses for my most playable Neighborhood 1 along my Unleashed feat. house Party Mash-up You download if you caught up by vibe, enjoy the view or just found something useful. Doesn't really matter.
My rules for rebuildings actually are pretty much the same as for all of my Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims 4 RENOs:
1. Sims should have anything to boost their hygiene and energy when outdoors
2. I use recategorisers and debug objects from the game which alters its stats.
3. I use custom content but it doesn't have much effect to lot function. I mention in post what will happen aside Missing objects! message.
Neighborhood 1:
Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Well I thing this creation finally came up worthy enough to share.
This is not my first one. But it is the first with custom coding. So might be some issues, but hope that would not. Thanks to SimmerAL for introduction with Codex.
This is techy looking clock. Something like Grandfather's one but way much modern and without a need to wind it up.
Description:
Price $3,999
Footprints: 1x1, on-wall
Room flags: Study Room
Function flags: Electronics - Misc., Decorative - Misc.
Room score: 7
Requirements: Hot Date
Features:
There is a "View" interaction. Sims can watch it the same way as they do with wall hangings and react depending on their interest in technology. With more then 8 bars of their interest, they should have fun boost. Available for unplayable sims and NPCs, from child to adults.
There is a "Description" interaction result in pop-up dialog window you can see here at the header.
There is just one colour matching with House Party dancing cage:
This clock is the source of light. And it shows actual sim-time:
Known bugs, issues and tips:
Somehow the back of this pilar is poking through external walls in the neighborhood view making ugly black line to be visible. There is no such issue when on lot. OMG, those was not the back of the clock. Anyways, those poor one guy once downloaded the clock, please replace it by the file with title end 'true' from new rar. in attachements. Updated file even ended up in few bytes lighter.
There is no AM and PM diversity. So the screen will show just numbers with step in 5 minute without AM or PM being signed.
The actual speed of clock in game is highly un-sychronised. I am not a pro at coding but currently I can say this clock gradually slows down at showing the actual time like 5 minutes per day. EA-made clocks also have this ussue. But here it won't be unnoticed because of big numbers.
Okay finally the first house is ready for release! And it is located here:
There is ex-Cameron lounge from The Studio Town that follows custom story signed by me in its new description.
Quote:
"The Prison" Night Club
Quote:
Surpassing its 20-year turn, this ex-lounge by Cameron after double rebranding now holds "the vibe" of acid ravin' 90's."The Prison" is not that venomous already but passive agressively nerd of unique design cleaned of all the dangerous pops of its past.
It's hardly survived its first years after release. When was not quite popular, Cameron made several redevelopments which were not lead it to success but rather ellegal place for dealers and gamblers. After its official bancrupting, it stay in its rave-looking state under new guidance. Still not quite popular, now its the only Night Club in the Studio Town.
Actually I really, really liked original design with matching colours, so I am quite understand nobody will even download this house LoL, but there are so many lounges in the Studio Town so I have to do something with this and turned it to the Night club. Not my style at all ,but still I think House Party items WERE and ARE now the most underrated in the whole series, So I turned it to rave jammin' undustrial looking house which I think kinda fits this lot appearence.
I did not change the outdoor painting, but changed all of indoors
I let checkered floors stay but turned them into neon green and blue
The lounge zone got two recliners and two tables are placed in a way to avoid two sims playing billiards to bump into each other.
The toilet now looks very urban
And I replaced hot shrimps stall by more generic street food like hot dogs. And I cutted the fence corner in order to prevent sims to get trapped between two chairs
The yard now turned into someting recembling its Prison name. And basketball hoop from Multiplex Mudlock now moved here
Finally those screenshot from previous post. It was made in this property.
Here are few extra pictures from the game. The house was playtested throughout.
In fact I did not use too many CC in this building but created a bunch of exclusive items for this house myself.
CC included: Outdoor Lights by Corylea that I use... well... throughout around the Studio Town! Very simple and just the only CC file by them in this category but so much useful! I can't imagine the Studio Town without it. Power Up Recliners by Simlogical.
Here is a bunch of objects created by me specially for this lot:
There are three frankenmeshing wall posters with "Scylla and Charybdis" codes which act alike The Sims Superstar posters but animated circular right after you place them. All are in decorative with 211$ cost flagged for all the room categories excepting outdoors and worthy of room score of 2 because of poor graphics. When talk about graphics, the source is wallpaperflare.com Reaction to view at this painting related somehow to interest in music but I don't quite get in what way. But they should shrug, approve or disapprove it depending on their interest.
And another one is just a recolour of the Sad Clown painting utilising Sad Clown art work from Steam Workshop created by Harleyquinn. Nothing too special about this one was added - price and room scores are the same as original painting. And it also spawns Sad Clown as the original one.
The clock-equaliser from the previous post is also used in this building and it is included in archive with lot.
All the creations by me for this building are CFF (Clone Friendly Files). You can redestribute it, recolor, use them as bases for your creations and do whatever you want with them I don't care.
Power Up recliners were placed in order to "power up" your sims when they are on lot, while one shower stall, presumably for go-go dancers, is placed right in the toilet. So they can boost your hygiene.
Other ways to have energy boost is to have drinks from the Disaster Fizz Autonated Vendor and alternative way for hygiene boost is old'n'good "Wash Hands" in the sink.
I used objects from final release of The Sims game, so Complete Collection is required. I don't know about those Legacy Collection from the Steam though. Maybe fits too.
The house is in attachements. Iff file with house goes into houses folder, all the rest files are go in Downloads. Because the game keeps descriptions of lots independent you should pick and paste descriptions manually from the quotes of the upper part of from the txt "LotNhoodDescription" file in the attached archive.
What else is there? Hope I didn't forget somethin'. If I forgot I will update this post with further text lines. But now that's all. Bye.
Okay yesterday I renovated the lot on 60 Happy Trail
Is this TS2 to TS1? Does that count like that? Oh because original floor plans are here by one of me favourite creators CatherineTCJD. She also has floor plans blueprint in her thread.
I did not change the title and description. Might be something based on her thread text. For examle:
Quote:
Florida Style Suburban Ranch
Quote:
An educated guess has me thinking it is a modular home design? Most of the houses built within the last 40 years, here in Central Florida, are of this style.
How is it? Fits?
This is 3 bedroom and 3 bathroom fully furnished house. And yes! It is starter! Please take a look:
House plan with wall raised
House plan with wall down
Front path
Porch - Hallway - Cabinet - Dinning
Great room
Master's bedroom
Master's bathroom
Kitchen - Utility - Pantry - Guest bathroom
They called it nook huh?
Family Room
Bedroom fer two children
Third bedroom. I think this one is fer guests
Back terrace
And even a garage!
I added extra twelve shots from different angles:
This time Custom content is not included because I had no permission to share it. I used sets made by two MTS currently active creators who's works blend so much naturally Sims-Lambda and Eve_D85
Sims-Lambda: basically I used set from this thread I can not say which particular items however. But if you need I'll make a list more precise.
All floor and wall paintings, landscaping and roof colour are from the Sims game.
House was built in Complete Collection but also fits fer owners of Legacy Collection.
Copy .iff file into houses folder. Maybe there is a chance to place it on another address lot, but I don't really know which one
Enjoy and have fun And leave your comments down below
Known bugs, issues and tips:
Don't be that judgemental in terms of some stuff being placed just for beauty. I'll be honest, I did not playtested this house. So sorry, I really did not know sims can not watch TVs from the bed and also did not know that chest of drawers can not be placed facing the wall.
You could make the closet room to occupy full 6 tiles without corner cut and move chest to leave 2x2 free space on the front and... You could also replace TV in bedroom by those which work on distance once your sims can afford it.
Hello everyone. I plan to retire myself from sharing TS1 content I had made since download counts shows it perform that bad.
Anyways. Here is the last creation I made and think it needs a separate post. The main idea was to create a body skilling object fer wemen. Of course it fits for men too. There is frankenmeshing stuff made of two pieces - Golden Rooster from Aws and basegame flamingo yard deco. The resulting file is made of two parts.
First part is called Free Standing Flamingo. I thought Golden rooster is very alike to flamingo from The Sims, so I changed its looking to this. It is very alike to original garden flamingo but this has one leg and slighttly different in colour. Sims will walk by to imitate flamingo pose while also gain some social and body.
I changed nothing from the original item. Just few sprites and pop-up window when sims levels up. to fit the expresion. I also followed EA tradition and removed free-will autonomy since neither of skilling objects ever performed autonomously.
Second file is Makin Magic NPC overhaul that will let FlaminGoGo ladies to talk to the new flamingo. But they still would prefer to talk to those pink ones over this new boring thingie, because it will not respond to their talking.
Same way as my previous creations it has a description dialog box. But now I decided to add information to file name and catalog location, once you will forget.
Description:
Price $19 (Awesomeexpression's costs the same)
Footprints: 1x1, on-floor, on-terrain, slopes not allowed
Room flags: Outdoors
Function flags: Misc - Misc.
Room score: 2
Requirements: Makin' Magic for "NPCFlamingoDancer.iff", base game for "vic+exp_anim_skillflamingo"
Place everything in Downloads folder
Features:
There is a "Imitate flamingo" interaction for dancing.
There is a "Description" interaction result in pop-up dialog window you can see here at the header.
There is just one sprite matching with base game yard deco flamingo.
One dance loop consists of three poses so your sims will not end their performing right after you strike their action. That was intented by the original creator thus left unchanged.
Additional credits:
Playable FlaminGoGo Dancer is from here
Always thought that Ginia deserved better house and life because EA offered the most hard ever gameplay there - you start in a day she missed her work, she is tight in finances, don't know anyone, neat but shy, she depends on her four cats. Not gonna say that her house is full of flaws with route traps and flammable items. In conclusion, whatever you do, the living there starts from selling Granny's clock and ends when you lit a fireplace.
My house offers different twist, yeah its price is ~5k higher the bills are even higher and hitting 560$, BUT... in this house you have all skills fer promoting her in next two levels, also two money objects and genie lamp (word play between Ginia and ginie helped) to make things a little more hmmm... cautious.
Since this is a makeover, a lot of screenshots of before/after are in the gallery.
Since this is the makeover of occupied lot, you can place right in the Houses folder without Forcing Ginia to leave and description is not that necessare but it could be like that:
Quote:
Ginia's House
Quote:
This house is merging good traditions of French Villas and British Cottages. Everything here is so much British and French! - English Park but French Gardens, French grape and elderberries but vegs are from Britain, even French windows placed aside British doors.
Aerial view shows different roofing and the lot more developed
The dinning moved outdoors and some front facade windows were moved to make a room for piano behind
The kitchen zone is more developed. The bespoke floors with cats are there.
The hearth room now is furnished different. There is room for cats, there's space fer type.
The 2nd floor is also changed. Walk-through bathroom stays but there is now room for new guest bathroom and even tiny space fer the closet.
The bedroom made that way to fit in the double bed accessible just from one side. A lot of new daily necessaries was put in such a tiny space. There're lots of clocks and vanity mirrors.
The back of downstairs is organised to make some room to clean litter boxes without route traps. And there is the trash compactor - a daily necessary for neat Ginia. There's still tight of space but whatever.
Let's go into garden! The new easel is there! And there's a cat picture!
Something that was just a grass patch now looks like engaved English garden.
I turned a camera to show that pond still remains but its coastline now blossoms.
The vegetables are ready to pick it!
And the last part that almost untouched.
Here are few extra pictures from the game. The house was playtested throughout.:
There is a lot of CC now so CC folder is categorised. All that necassary are just better coded stuff without any "zero-to-hero" mood power-up boosts. I placed just shredded files from sources so no of extras is included. Even an easel from SimmerAl I think has just those cat picture shown on screenshots. I suggest you to collect all from the original links in Included manually:
A lot of greens are come from Persimmonsims. I used the most of greens from 5th set, and circular paving from the next one.
the files should be:
Circular Thyme Lawn (156k)
Mixed Sages and Sorrel Set (72k)
Rosemary and Comfrey Set (100k)
Mullein and Tansy Set (80k)
Wormwood and Lemon Verbena Set (272k)
Pennyroyal Groundcover 1-Tile (28k)
Formal Garden Border Lighter (160k)
Brick Circle (160k)
Thyme and Parsley Set (68k)
Scrivener's Machinograph by Oddsim. I thought it's necessary because bio says Ginia is a writer.
Simplicity kitchen by The Real Sim is not included bacause Creator's polie forbids to share. You should download it youself. I used all the items except the corner hanging high piece.
Same as previously I made two objects specially for this lot. Sorry for poor presentation:
First is a pack of four matching floor tiles "Cats in arabesque". Costs 1$ each so replacement is free. Used this gorgeous and simple tool by Sneaky Sim. Thanks them for provide it.
Second is my kinda useless thing, lightly coded Wall fixtures by WoobshaRaven. It is a wall mouse house wich is actually a wall decal with codes used from maxis mice controller. I sticks on the wall but leaves it unoccupied. Made to force spawning of mice by interaction. On any residential lot. Regardless of presence of cats. Fireproof, can not be stolen, do not increase bills. Any tile below this thing becomes fireproof so can be used also to cover up stuff near fireplaces but has -5 room score penality. Costs 2$ and it is in Pet objects! Not on wall hangings!
And of course the Skillling flamingo from the previous post. It is included while FlaminGoGo NPC replacement part is not.