1 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#15201 Old 28th Sep 2026 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Legate
What I mean is I don't want Townies to start using the night dresses as everyday wear.


If the outfits are plain recolors, and not towniefied (which usually has to be done via an external program such as SimPE, most items aren't towniefied directly from Bodyshop), sims won't randomly pick the outfits as everyday wear

The outfits usually have to be Towniefied, blended/pinned with maxis clothes (like Skell's repository project), regular Maxis clothes (clothes sims normally would pick from if you don't have CC), or default replacements of those.
Field Researcher
#15202 Old 28th Sep 2026 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If the ouhfits are plain recolors, and not towniefied (which usually has to be done via an external program such as SimPE, most items aren't towniefied directly from Bodyshop), sims won't randomly pick the outfits as everyday wear

Cool thanks
Mad Poster
#15203 Old 28th Sep 2026 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Legate
On the other hand I have disabled outerwear, I got fed up with the constant change clothes animation, especially if a house has a couple of buildings and the have to go in and out of them. It does mean they might go out in their nightwear to pick up the newspaper but that it not unrealistic


You would think so, but I had to put a forced clothes changing bush in my victorian flats to stop sims wandering down to the bar in their next to nothings. XD
Field Researcher
#15204 Old 29th Sep 2026 at 4:07 PM
I have mocked up a new mug on the website. Not sure if I should hit the buy button
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#15205 Old 29th Sep 2026 at 4:09 PM
I could do a Star Trek Voyager version
Screenshots
Inventor
#15206 Old Yesterday at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Legate
Also the food you produce can be used in different ways. You can buy a juicer and make the following drinks which have these effects.

Apparently I live under a rock because I had no idea this existed. I've seen the juicer but always assumed it was a decoration somehow(?) and have never put it in a kitchen. Ironically most of my sims have a small backyard garden and I've just been having them harvest and sell their produce for extra cash. I'll have to give this a try next time a crop comes in!
Mad Poster
#15207 Old Yesterday at 5:10 AM Last edited by simmer22 : Yesterday at 5:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
Apparently I live under a rock because I had no idea this existed. I've seen the juicer but always assumed it was a decoration somehow(?) and have never put it in a kitchen. Ironically most of my sims have a small backyard garden and I've just been having them harvest and sell their produce for extra cash. I'll have to give this a try next time a crop comes in!


You can also put the produce in the fridge for extra "spice" to the food, it makes the food more filling (it can make them lose fitness if they eat too much after their hunger is filled, so if that's an issue, don't have them overeat). If any fresh produce is in the fridge when cooking stuff that doesn't require a particular item (like fish recipes), it counts even if it wouldn't normally be part of a recipe (one lonely cucumber and you're making jello? All good!). Food made with fresh produce "sparkles".

Fish also counts as fresh produce. Some of the fish can be grilled or cooked if a sim has it in the inventory or it's in the fridge. You can also decorate with the fish by dragging it to the wall (fish trophies). If you leave out a fish on the ground outside, the penguin might try to eat it if it wanders past.

If you fish up a boot, it can also be juiced, but it has... unfortunate consequences
Field Researcher
#15208 Old Yesterday at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
Apparently I live under a rock because I had no idea this existed. I've seen the juicer but always assumed it was a decoration somehow(?) and have never put it in a kitchen. Ironically most of my sims have a small backyard garden and I've just been having them harvest and sell their produce for extra cash. I'll have to give this a try next time a crop comes in!

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. It took me ages to get into gardening. I tried it once I got the Ultimate Edition in 2024 and didn't get on with it, every crop failed. I left it for a couple of years then tried again and it took me a while to learn how to properly grow food.

For me the trick is build a greenhouse, install Toasty Garden Lamp(s), Garden Schpritzer to water them, Lovely Ladybug Loft and fertilise the soil before planting. I usually plant some trees then compost the leaves in Autumn, you need at least two compost bins. Keep an eye on the crops and tend to them when needed, a gardener can also help in this respect. Once you get your gardening badge you can talk to the plants and trees to cheer them up and you get better quality of crops harvested. I have a few of my sims into gardening now.

One thing I don't like about the greenhouse walls is they stay up even if you using Walls Cutaway view so I just build normal walls and add the greenhouse roof onto it. You can add floor to ceiling windows all round so it looks like a greenhouse but its not necessary
Screenshots
Inventor
#15209 Old Yesterday at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Fish also counts as fresh produce. Some of the fish can be grilled or cooked if a sim has it in the inventory or it's in the fridge. You can also decorate with the fish by dragging it to the wall (fish trophies). If you leave out a fish on the ground outside, the penguin might try to eat it if it wanders past.

If you fish up a boot, it can also be juiced, but it has... unfortunate consequences

Does it do anything with the fish on the wall? A room bonus or something? Boot juice sounds terrible no matter how cute they try to make it.

Quote: Originally posted by Legate
One thing I don't like about the greenhouse walls is they stay up even if you using Walls Cutaway view so I just build normal walls and add the greenhouse roof onto it. You can add floor to ceiling windows all round so it looks like a greenhouse but its not necessary

Normal walls work okay for a greenhouse if there's a greenhouse roof? I never build greenhouses because the walls that don't go down annoy me too but I didn't know regular walls would work.
Mad Poster
#15210 Old Yesterday at 11:57 PM Last edited by simmer22 : Today at 4:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
Does it do anything with the fish on the wall? A room bonus or something? Boot juice sounds terrible no matter how cute they try to make it.


I'm not sure about room score for the fish on the wall, I think they add to it but can't find how much.

Mounted fish are more valuable than plain fish (if you sell them), but they can't be used for food, so it depends on the business you want to do.
Mad Poster
#15211 Old Today at 3:34 AM
When I write vignettes to go with my uploads here, I frequently deliberately leave the stories open-ended, since the idea is that it's just giving you all ideas for what you can potentially do with my lots.

Trouble is, this means I'm much more practiced at writing the beginnings of stories than I am with writing endings, and a long-running side project of mine is writing an ACTUAL book, which will eventually need an ending too! So a while back, as a writing exercise I randomly decided "hey, the ending of Game of Thrones sucked, I'm gonna rewrite that!" and I did (even if it's not really an elegant format beyond being broken up into proper episodes- it's half screenplay, half actual scenes, half outline - yes, that's at least three halves), and for the most part I like it much better than the show and I kinda wanna share it... and now I'm realizing I have nowhere to actually share something like that, because my default place to share stories is here, and this story is conspicuously lacking in Sims lol!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15212 Old Today at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
... and now I'm realizing I have nowhere to actually share something like that, because my default place to share stories is here, and this story is conspicuously lacking in Sims lol!
Get some Sims to act the story out, and then you can post it here!

Though, if your Sims are anything like mine, they will no doubt say to you half way through, "Nah! We've thought of a better way. Let's do the story our way!"

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#15213 Old Today at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Get some Sims to act the story out, and then you can post it here!

Though, if your Sims are anything like mine, they will no doubt say to you half way through, "Nah! We've thought of a better way. Let's do the story our way!"


I feel like I could make a plausible-enough-to-be-recognized Sim (or just use ones other people have made lol) for most of the main cast... but I'm not making all of Winterfell, Moat Cailin, King's Landing, and Harrenhal which are all major locations in my rewrite, not to mention somehow making passable naval ships for the Northerners, Iron Fleet(s) and Golden Company, AND the three dragons anytime soon!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#15214 Old Today at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
Boot juice sounds terrible no matter how cute they try to make it.


Normal walls work okay for a greenhouse if there's a greenhouse roof? I never build greenhouses because the walls that don't go down annoy me too but I didn't know regular walls would work.

I have never tried it with a normal roof. I assume if they are inside they are protected from the elements and they get light from the Toasty Garden Lamp(s) so they don't really need windows. I am going to try growing plants in a regular house and see what happens.

Boot juice is fine the Sim freaks out and goes through random animations then they are normal. This one got electrocuted and the buzz stayed with her for a bit but it wore off.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#15215 Old Today at 5:19 PM
That's what AO3 is for, Zarathustra. If you don't have the confidence in it to try actual publication (which is a lot of work with no guarantee of reward, whether you go traditional or self-published, and I don't recommend it for anyone who isn't very serious and determined about writing as a career).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15216 Old Today at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I feel like I could make a plausible-enough-to-be-recognized Sim (or just use ones other people have made lol) for most of the main cast... but I'm not making all of Winterfell, Moat Cailin, King's Landing, and Harrenhal which are all major locations in my rewrite, not to mention somehow making passable naval ships for the Northerners, Iron Fleet(s) and Golden Company, AND the three dragons anytime soon!


Ah, but now those locations are going to stay in your mind and you'll start thinking of what fancy stuff you could do to create them!

You don't even need to make a dragon, thanks to Rebecah. https://simfileshare.net/download/1503843/ It's even rideable.
Forum Resident
#15217 Old Today at 6:46 PM
PeniGriffin mentioned something in this post concerning pregnancies and births that I had never thought about or heard of before: That sims might not be considered "fully born" until they've left their birthing parent's arms after birth, and that pregnant sims might still be considered pregnant (the invisible state, so first trimester) for the same amount of time. I was reminded of that today when I opened oone of the Dunne households to start off a new rotation and realised Jessica Dunne has been left holding her newborn all this time - I was in a hurry to save the game and leave when I last played, so I just stopped long enough to see little Brangien Dunne born. I felt a little bit guilty then, for leaving poor Jess pregnant for a full rotation when, and leaving Brangien in a state of "not properly born yet". But the more I think of it, the more I think the assumption must be wrong - surely, when SimPE says Jess isn't pregnant, she can't be still pregnant? Doesn't SimPE just reflect the data about a sim in the game? And there is a category "unknown" for sim's life stages - wouldn't that be what a sim was before they were fully born as a baby?
Mad Poster
#15218 Old Today at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That's what AO3 is for, Zarathustra. If you don't have the confidence in it to try actual publication (which is a lot of work with no guarantee of reward, whether you go traditional or self-published, and I don't recommend it for anyone who isn't very serious and determined about writing as a career).


Yeah, the GOT rewrite is just something I did as an exercise, hence why it's such weird formatting as it stands now... I'm not trying to make a career of being an author, but the book I'm writing is something I would want to do and publish just on its own merits eventually anyways, even if all that amounts to is self-publishing on Amazon or something.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
On my ship The Rocinante
retired moderator
#15219 Old Today at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
and now I'm realizing I have nowhere to actually share something like that, because my default place to share stories is here, and this story is conspicuously lacking in Sims lol!

You don't need sims in this forum:
https://modthesims.info/f/578/
Quote:
The Creative Corner forum is for posting all sorts of creative endeavours - be it stories, drawings, poems, music, or any other artwork or craft - that are not related to sims.
Page 609 of 609
Back to top