Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#101 Old 2nd Oct 2026 at 1:15 AM
Here's a pic of the strawberry cake I baked today, as mentioned in my previous post:


My Lot creations (over 75 Lots): https://robsgames.freeforums.net/
On my ship The Rocinante
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 2nd Oct 2026 at 1:54 PM
@vesko_sims3 Nice recipe, a bit like Eve's pudding (an English recipe I think).

@ScaryRob Turned out nice! Looks delicious!

These are the things I've been learning about recently:
Carboniferous:


Colour:


Life may have had two origins???

The paper is here: https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.aef3128

Murrine glass:


Also, UK natural science museums are cataloguing their collections- wonderful online resource!
https://dissco-uk.org/
Top Secret Researcher
#103 Old 3rd Oct 2026 at 5:58 PM
The way shoes are made today is why shoes today look so big and clunky. And materials and survivorship bias blah blah.

Nothing new or unexpected there. But its nice when someone with the skills of the trade explains it with passion (even though their voice annoys me).

While I knew that stuff we see in museums is basically survivorship bias (smallest size, least worn item etc) before, I didn't consider that the items could be for individuals that were not yet fully gown i.e. the mysterious teenager. There were very cool that they gave like how shoe sizes worked back then, how shoes were adjusted to the user, and the wild difference between an old style and a "new" style of boots. My skeleton know that the old style boots are where its really at - real shoemakers need to come back!

I could take myself to Portugal and get me some custom shoes, right?
Page 5 of 5
Back to top