Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2024 at 9:37 AM Last edited by SimPol : 27th Dec 2024 at 9:49 AM.
Default Testers Wanted - Seasons Enabled Plants (Very Long W.I.P.)
Hello everyone. I've dabbled with Aminovas' tutorial about Seasons Enabled Plants last June and I've decided to share my creations. These are all default replacements. Some plants like the White Daisies, Dianthus and Agapanthus are likely set in a way that prevented them from having smooth winter transitions.













Feedbacks are very much welcomed.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SimPol_Seasons_Enabled_Plants.rar (823.3 KB, 46 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jan 2025 at 11:10 AM
I've had this mod for a while and I didn't encounter any issues. You should upload it as regular mod (not just forum) so it can reach more players.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2026 at 6:33 PM Last edited by SimPol : 9th Sep 2026 at 7:27 PM. Reason: Fixed grammatical errors.
Seasons Enabled Plants WIP (September 2026 Progress)

Hello again. Got some freetime to work more on the plants and managed to solve a few hurdles after encountering a couple of problems.

I managed to remove the repetitive patterns that are present especially among the base game plants. I also retextured almost every plant to ensure a more voluminous, 3D-ish look as well to ease up reworking the transition threshold for both spring and autumn.




Like Aminovas had encountered, there is still no way for the frond parts of the .spt files to get affected by the seasonal change. The lavender plants still bloom all year round and the sunflowers won’t fully wither during winter either.




The three hydrangeas, the peony, and maybe the alkekengi badly needed a frond/trunk/stem geometry like the lilacs so they won’t appear as floating clumps of twigs in winter. A possible workaround for these is to make the plants appear dormant. I’m no 3D artist or that adept at SpeedTree. Let me know if someone knows how to give them fronds and linked textures.





The winter texture has a lesser snow “accumulation” or “lighter gradient.” The plants might look patchy and weird. It’s noticeable on some evergreens that’ll lose their flowers during winter. It now kinda makes sense why EAxis never bothered tinkering these. Also not all spring and autumn foliage transitions look good. The .dds compression is a major contributor of it. I guess I could experiment by making the threshold textures double the size if I feel like doing it.


Some little bonuses… Managed to fix the stretched winter texture of SN’s cottonwood tree. I’m current working the messed up branches of ITF’s Bosky beech tree that is definitely a Bradford pear tree.


More pictures:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2026 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ProtectusCZ
I've had this mod for a while and I didn't encounter any issues. You should upload it as regular mod (not just forum) so it can reach more players.


I’m considering it. I still prefer dumping them all into a single upload, but the constant updating would be a hassle, I assume, for both my side and the other Simmers’.
Back to top