Quick Reply
Search this Thread
just a girl
#34151 Old 1st Aug 2024 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Is there any trick to picking up the garden sprinkler instead of the garden dirt?

moveobjects off ?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#34152 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 2:20 AM
If an apartment breaks, simply moving the Sim out and back in will reset that specific sublot. I've had to do this after using building cheats to knock a hole in the wall to the neighbouring apartment.

Thanks both. I deleted the car and so far, so side effects. I've loaded both apartments after that, and no issues with either.

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Mad Poster
#34153 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
moveobjects off ?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#34154 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 9:45 AM
Is there any way to add a dog or cat to a casual group? My Sims feel bad having to leave them home during outings.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#34155 Old 5th Aug 2024 at 4:48 PM
add a dog or cat to a casual group?
"Bark! Bark bark bark bark, bark bark Soma 44" PancakeTek Television bark bark bark! Bark bark!"
Top Secret Researcher
#34156 Old 6th Aug 2024 at 2:10 AM
My sim throws parties and no one ever comes even though they are best friends. Every single time I have to call sims over after throwing the party just to make sure someone comes. If I invite a household, only the sim called ever shows up. What's gone wrong here? It wasn't like that when they first moved in, now it's like that constantly.

More often than not, the interaction itself fails. I'll throw a party, it says guests are invited on the popup, and after some time nothing happens and the "throw party" interaction is available again as if I never threw a party.
Mad Poster
#34157 Old 6th Aug 2024 at 3:10 AM
That sounds like a mod conflict. If someone's not coming to the party, you should get a pop-up saying that you're missing some party guests. This sounds like the scenario is simply not starting.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#34158 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 11:33 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 10th Aug 2024 at 11:59 PM.
Since weddings are so rare in my game, can somebody remind me what Sims wear when they're getting married. I think originally in base game they wore their formal wear, but I think quite early in the development of the game, that changed to them wearing special wedding dresses and suits. I know I can still force them to wear their own formal outfits with the Sim Manipulator, but I have to intervene to do that. My EPs are University, Nightlife and Open for Business, and my SPs are Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, Celebration!, and H&M Fashion Stuff.

My recollection is that, when Gloria Jones married Garry Mackay back in November 2020 (I can't believe it's nearly four years!) I had chosen (in consultation with them of course) special outfits to suit their personalities, but, when the wedding ceremony started, the game dressed them in conventional wedding outfits. Now Gloria and Garry are anything but conventional, and I had to use the Sim Manipulator to get them back into their special formal outfits.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm just arranging a really big society wedding -- the remarriage of Mortimer and Bella Goth. (The original marriage appears to have been annulled when Bella was officially declared "Missing, presumed Dead".)

Since I dug it out when I was checking dates, here's an in-game picture showing Gloria and Garry (and Andrew and Julian) in their wedding outfits:
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#34159 Old Yesterday at 12:29 AM
Yes, the game switches them into formal wear (and everyone who attends - whither they were invited or not). You just need to get some formal wear (I use the free coat hook thingy) and choose it as formalwear.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#34160 Old Yesterday at 12:31 AM
My sims have always worn their chosen formals to weddings, guests and participants alike. It's possible that there's a mod conflict that caused it to work differently in your game; or that it was changed at one point and then changed back in an EP you don't have.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34161 Old Yesterday at 11:56 AM
If I remember correctly, in the basegame (and possibly early expansion packs), the game would dress the bride and groom in default Maxis wedding attire. Regardless of the designated formal outfit, all sims got the same wedding gear. The wedding dress was hidden from the nrmal catalog, so you would only see it on a wedding day. So if a mod was used to change or override that default outfit, in future game versions the formal outfit is used instead.
Mad Poster
#34162 Old Yesterday at 1:18 PM
In my game, when the couple finally get to the wedding arch, they change from their usual attire into
1) default formal dress (which is not strictly speaking, wedding attire) and then,
2) proper wedding attire consisting of a wedding dress and formal suit. (I have all the game installed)

I never pick out wedding attire, knowing the default will always kick in. The guests, likewise, will revert to formal wear as well.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34163 Old Yesterday at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
In my game, when the couple finally get to the wedding arch, they change from their usual attire into
1) default formal dress (which is not strictly speaking, wedding attire) and then,
2) proper wedding attire consisting of a wedding dress and formal suit. (I have all the game installed)

I never pick out wedding attire, knowing the default will always kick in. The guests, likewise, will revert to formal wear as well.

That's strange, I thought that the EA behaviour for later EPs was formal wear for weddings. Twojeffs used to have a 'formal weddings' mod to allow sims to get married in their own formal outfit instead of Maxis default, but it was outdated when one of the EPs was released (OFB I think??). I remember the default dress went missing at one point, restored by this mod:
https://modthesims.info/d/282426
The wedding dress was one of the things that kept getting messed up every time the game had an update!
Mad Poster
#34164 Old Yesterday at 7:17 PM
The original Maxis wedding dress shows up in Bodyshop for me and I have UC. I thought that they changed into their chosen formalwear for weddings, but I haven't married anyone in a while.
Instructor
#34165 Old Yesterday at 7:50 PM
I did a wedding yesterday and they just changed into their chosen formal wear. I did use the wedding arch from celebrations pack if that made a difference?
Mad Poster
#34166 Old Yesterday at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
When I asked about toddler beds I got some help. But no answer to this part of my issues:
I don't like that Sims treat the toddler beds like a crib - which can leave a toddler unable to put himself to bed.
Also - Sims (including the Nanny) insist on putting toddlers to bed - even if I'm trying to get them fed
and pottied before going to bed.
MY QUESTION: would I be out of line to ask 2 creators of toddler beds if they could fix these issues? I guess they could always say NO. And that does sound to me way beyond just creating beds, maybe can't even be done.

I think the issue with this is that most of the toddler beds out there are cloned from one Rebecah made and the creators who cloned it are mesh creators, not modders, and they don't know how to do it. Rebecah is unfortunately no longer with us.

I did have some help fixing the toddler beds to prevent them from getting into a stuck state and I linked the post with the fixed one at the end of the comments on Phaenoh's nursery set. That might help.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34167 Old Yesterday at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I think the issue with this is that most of the toddler beds out there are cloned from one Rebecah made and the creators who cloned it are mesh creators, not modders, and they don't know how to do it. Rebecah is unfortunately no longer with us.

I did have some help fixing the toddler beds to prevent them from getting into a stuck state and I linked the post with the fixed one at the end of the comments on Phaenoh's nursery set. That might help.

@grammapat There is more than one type of toddler bed.
There is the sleep on top of the sheets type. The toddler will put themselves to bed and wake up when energy is full and get up.
There is the sleep under the covers and use as a child type. Toddlers will sleep all night in these and will also make the bed and jump on it (unless you mod that out)
There are also 'fake' toddler beds which are really cribs but just look like a bed.

What type were you after?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#34168 Old Today at 10:07 AM Last edited by simsfreq : Today at 10:38 AM.
Where is the one where the toddler uses the child animations, makes the bed and jumps on it? I used to have that and I can't find it any more.

Wedding clothing definitely used to be a specific outfit in the base game, and changed to being the sim's chosen formal wear with one of the EPs. I actually thought it might be Celebration Stuff pack, because that was the pack which included various different wedding dresses. But I am not 100% sure. It might have been whichever pack allowed them to choose their hair specific to the outfit?

Edit: According to the Prima guide, it's Open For Business. I'm not sure if it's a feature which carries through to later EPs or if you need OFB to have it.

It doesn't matter which arch you use, except perhaps custom ones.

You can see this in action if you look up screenshots of Cassandra and Don's wedding. In screenshots like this which are official or from when the game was new, they wear the tux and wedding dress:

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/The_S...gh/Pleasantview

But if you look at more recent screenshots where people are playing with more game packs, like this one (uploaded in 2009) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tf3ID6zfg0

You can see that she wears her normal formal outfit which is a purple dress. Don's outfit seems to be the same - I guess his formal outfit is set to the tux, anyway.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Scholar
#34169 Old Today at 3:41 PM
I downloaded this and really love it !
https://modthesims.info/d/637829/aq...-kit.html?new=0

Question : I'd like the totally transparent one ; with the invisible wood and decor as described .

So far the aqua box shows up with the dark frame overlay and I was wanting only the transparent box.

I will post the ones I'm looking for :

Looking for this :
Screenshots

" Inama Nushif "
Page 1367 of 1367