Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#13176 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 10:09 AM
For some reason, Malcolm Landgraab keeps rolling fears about his various girlfriends becoming witches. Kind of random, lol.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Instructor
#13177 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 2:43 PM
Lack of windows makes anything 100 times harder to build. How on earth am I supposed to fill 1440 tiles of floor space in a floor that doesn't have a single window? It's the 4th (and thankfully final) floor of what is meant to be a main university building already equipped with a bar, a library and a conference room. I could do offices but the lack of windows is hurting my brain.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Mad Poster
#13178 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 2:52 PM
Why can't you have windows?
Instructor
#13179 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Why can't you have windows?

It's part of the shell. The other 3 floors didn't have many windows but had enough interesting architectural details to make them easier - that and me knowing exactly what I wanted to do with each area before I started building. The last floor is just a windowless square.

Test Subject
#13180 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
For some reason, Malcolm Landgraab keeps rolling fears about his various girlfriends becoming witches. Kind of random, lol.

Man has a type

NineYellow (simblr)
Mad Poster
#13181 Old Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
It's part of the shell. The other 3 floors didn't have many windows but had enough interesting architectural details to make them easier - that and me knowing exactly what I wanted to do with each area before I started building. The last floor is just a windowless square.

Clearly it needs to be something where a lack of natural light, or precise control over lighting, is an advantage. Could it house labs, darkrooms, a nightclub, a theatre, an archive, or a cinema for showing arthouse or educational films?

Or one option might be to delete the floor and put in some two-storey lights for the floor below?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
#13182 Old Today at 1:07 AM
Those are some interesting ideas, especially the archive given this will be the main building of the university.

Labs I will leave to their dedicated building - I plan on having a building for each major, so I can tailor the labs to their specific needs. Or, more likely, a group of a few similar majors: physics and maths in the School of Science, possibly biology too (though I might separate them into a dedicated School of "Medicine"); psychology for the School of Psychology; economics and political science in the School of Economy; art in the School of Fine Arts; philosophy, literature, drama and history in the School of Letters. Of course, this might result in an amazing rendition of the School of Science given my own experience and a very poor execution of something like the School of Fine Arts, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Mad Poster
#13183 Old Today at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Those are some interesting ideas, especially the archive given this will be the main building of the university.

Especially for an archive building you can also definitely get away with a larger and emptier attic space that's not exactly 'private' but not a very useful part of the building, and would work fine even if it's mostly still empty. My favorite version of this that I've done is the top two floors of my police station, where there's a couple utilities and storage areas, but for a university you could also have a little hangout space with crappy couches and a TV that a couple frat brothers dragged up there or something lol

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 528 of 528