Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 4:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pets not aging in main hood?
I've been playing a couple rotations through my new main and subhoods and noticed a problem. While my pets age just fine in the subhoods, they're not aging at all in the main hood. The only aging-related mod I have is a custom lifespan, which I don't think is the problem since the subhood pets age just fine. The hoods are all premade ones I've gotten here, and the main one in question is Arbor Falls. Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going on and how to fix it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 2:13 AM
Do you have Lazy Duchess's timing fix? From my understanding it was intended to fix an issue which might result in aging not working on some lots.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Do you have Lazy Duchess's timing fix? From my understanding it was intended to fix an issue which might result in aging not working on some lots.

I double checked and I do have it. I'm just confused why it's only happening in one neighbourhood and not the others. I tried removing some recently-added mods but nothing changed. The HCDU didn't find any conflicts I wasn't already aware of either so I'm at a loss.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 9:40 PM
I don't know what might be causing this, but I've got a couple of questions that might help with exploring the problem.

All of the affected pets are in the same main hood, and all of the pets in that hood are affected.

1. Does moving affected pets to subhoods (even if only for a day or two) allow them to age? Does moving pets from the subhood to the main hood freeze their aging?
2. Are all the affected pets the ones that start out in the neighbourhood (the premade pets) or have you added new pets to the 'hood?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 11:39 PM
How many households are there? I'm wondering if perhaps the issue is tied to the lots.

If you added or removed a hack after playing the first rotation in the main hood, for example, that might've bugged up something for just the already-played households.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 5:11 AM
If it's only happening on some lots, it's definitely related to the lots. The aging controller is an object that exists on a lot. The aging controllers on different lots are different objects that may be in different states. If the problem is just that it's in some anomalous state, it will certainly be fixed just by moving the sims to a different lot, and may also be fixed by using Chris Hatch's lot cleaner.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 8:56 PM
When using an older version of Chris Hatch's slow time controller, I had issues with carpools failing to show up on specific lots because of the timing going slightly off-sync. Using jonasn' Charles Object Editor to reset the off-world career object fixed it temporarily (until I found an updated version of the time controller).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old Yesterday at 1:20 AM
So I did some testing and here's what I found:
- there are only 8 occupied lots in the main hood
- moving the affected pets to a subhood has no effect on allowing them to age
- when moving in new pets to lots with affected pets, the new pets age but the pre-existing ones do not
- new CAS pets age normally on all residential lots

Therefore I suspect it's with the individual, pre-created pets themselves. I can always age them up using the Blender I suppose, I was just hoping there would be a way to fix it so it happens automatically. Thanks for all your help troubleshooting.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old Yesterday at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
- when moving in new pets to lots with affected pets, the new pets age but the pre-existing ones do not

That is so odd, aging is usually per lot.
Mad Poster
#10 Old Yesterday at 3:06 PM
I wonder if something is up with the immortal pets compared with the mortal ones. Is it worth comparing them in SimPE e.g. age stages/days left/days in previous stage?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#11 Old Yesterday at 3:07 PM
You might also want to put in Chris Hatch's age change hack to ensure all the pre-made pets are using your current custom ageing hack. I don't think that should break things, but maybe it is?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old Yesterday at 4:13 PM
Default Solved!
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That is so odd, aging is usually per lot.

That's part of why I was confused. I didn't even notice it at first because the people were aging like normal.

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
You might also want to put in Chris Hatch's age change hack to ensure all the pre-made pets are using your current custom ageing hack. I don't think that should break things, but maybe it is?

I'm using Lazy Duchess' version of that which fixes pet ages as well. There were no problems with it in the subhoods.

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I wonder if something is up with the immortal pets compared with the mortal ones. Is it worth comparing them in SimPE e.g. age stages/days left/days in previous stage?

This one is the winner! When I checked SimPE the ages for the main hood pets were waaaaaaay outside the range of the actual life stage. Apparently no matter how many days are specified in SimPE, the game only shows it as the max for that age. (ex. max showing 60, SimPE data 128) I didn't feel like waiting another 68 days to see if it would actually age correctly after that point.

Thanks again everyone!