Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#2476 Old Yesterday at 11:11 PM
@CatherineTCJD Okay, further tests show I wasn't quite right, so sorry!

So here's Caringal, with the invisible fences shown by the planter being unplaceable, and some of the hidden floors.

And here's Caringal again, in a completely vanilla set of gamedata (no scripts modded to show the hidden fence or floors). As you can see, the hidden fence is still there, as is the floor I often use (concrete squares). But the others have vanished! Such a shame, I like that floor you use, and the deep jade tiles and the marble with the aztec pattern.

Repeated in another hood:

What a blow! I know the ones I used in hoods I've shared work as I tested them, but I suppose I've never used those other tiles in hoods I've shared. There are loads of hidden wallpapers too, I hope they all work!

So builders- be sure to test in an unmodded environment before you share! When I installed the game, I made a backup of the vanilla game data files (the entire [installation location]\EA GAMES folder) before I did anything. Then, I made backups at various stages of modding. Now I can swap them in and out to create different testing environments. For example without the CEP; without script mods; without lighting mods. I have a set of powershell scripts and batch files to do this for me, and also to do registry mods so that I can test neighbourhoods and mods in other languages, or different game configurations. I also use the Anygame Starter. All this requires a bit of disc space, but it really makes it easy to try things out! I used to have a UC setup that I could swap in and out too (the UC can't be run without M&G with the Anygame starter, so it's a bit different from the disc install). The required quite a hefty powershell script to swap in and out as you are changing the entire registry hive for your sims installation, and I never got around to putting that back in after I swapped a hard drive. I know a few modders that use this kind of setup to test.
Screenshots
Page 100 of 100