14 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#34401 Old Today at 2:55 PM
I don't know about hiders, but there must be something in a Body Shop item's code that stops some things appearing on randomly created Sims. Ever since I got Open for Business, I've noticed that some outfits like the gorilla suit and the diver's suit never appearing on Sims generated in CAS or in-game. The only way I can get a Sim dressed as a gorilla or a diver is if I choose that outfit for them. I reckon there must be some kind of hidden flag or something that tells the game not to use them on randomly created Sims. I have a feeling that these outfits aren't available when a Sim buys clothes in a shop either. Something must be hiding them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#34402 Old Today at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
If I use Hiders to hide hairs or hats in CAS, I know they don't appear in CAS or when using Gussy Up.
But does this also mean that they don't spawn on randomly generated townies and similar? (Not special NPCs, like Witches, but regular ones)

If the items are properly hidden, this should also stop them from spawning on townies and sims growing up, etc.

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I don't know about hiders, but there must be something in a Body Shop item's code that stops some things appearing on randomly created Sims. Ever since I got Open for Business, I've noticed that some outfits like the gorilla suit and the diver's suit never appearing on Sims generated in CAS or in-game. The only way I can get a Sim dressed as a gorilla or a diver is if I choose that outfit for them. I reckon there must be some kind of hidden flag or something that tells the game not to use them on randomly created Sims. I have a feeling that these outfits aren't available when a Sim buys clothes in a shop either. Something must be hiding them.

Most likely the items you mention are not townie enabled, so sims won't wear the items unless the player chooses them. Items can be hidden from the catalog in different ways, too. It's mostly to do with various settings in the PropertySet resource (or MeshOverlay/TextureOverlay, depending on CAS item).

--

I have come across some CC items that appeared to be townie enabled and de-customized, so they didn't have a star and kept being randomly assigned to sims. Mostly from one quite old site, though. I've had some occasional issues with CC from that site... Never got around to fix them, but at least I now understand what was going on (at the time I almost wondered if the game had several hidden outfits, but still doubted dit since they looked like CC).
Forum Resident
#34403 Old Today at 9:06 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the mixture is made by randomly matching facial features of both parents. I was simply referring to the fact that a nose or type of eyes that never appeared due to fate could reappear in a grandchild, obviously with fewer possibilities than the genetics of the parents. Sometimes you have to add new blood because by chance very similar traits have come out, with that mod sometimes more varied things could come out.

I didn't say anything about cloning grandparents' full faces, obviously the parents' genetics have to be much more dominant. Regarding eye and hair colors, are really inherited from grandparents looking for information in them? Or are the parents carrying it as a recessive gene in their genetics? I would say it's the second, right?
Page 1377 of 1377