Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 8:29 PM Last edited by Eehna : 29th May 2016 at 9:13 PM.
Default Help! Can't grab and delete objects.
I'm in need of help!
In this lot I'm editing, there are ceiling lamps that I can't delete.
Now, I know about the usual solutions, like ctrl+shift click and choose delete, and moveobjects on. But the thing is, I can't grab or even point to these lamps. The cursor doesn't recognize them. So, the usual ways don't work.
These lamps are also not visible in live mode, only in buy/build mode.

I can't rebuild this lot to get rid of routing issues if I can't delete those lamps, so I'm very grateful for any kind of help.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 1:11 AM
@nitromon: That doesn't work, since I can't drag the hammer on a ceiling, looking up. All I did was delete one tile of ceiling paint. Would have worked on a floor or table lamp though.
But that gave me the idea to move the other ceiling lights, those that I was actually able to grab, next to the malfunctioning one, and drag the hammer from that from above, and finally those stupid lights are gone
So thank you anyway, because you helped me see the problem from another angle.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 2:59 PM
Moving to Help.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Sep 2024 at 1:58 AM
Default solution?
Idk if anybody else still plays this game in 2024, but in case anyone has issues with this anytime soon: Going up one floor, deleting a ceiling tile where the object is, and then deleting the object from the floor above seems to do the trick