6 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#33951 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 2:39 PM
I have a question about the antiredundancy mod. If I have no more of a certain type of NPCs--such as maids--will the game generate a new one even if antiredundancy is in? Or do I need to take the mod out first?

My belief is that the game would generate just one new maid if the mod is in and I had no more maids, but if I took the mod out and I had no maids, it would generate three. I also believe that if I took it out while having one maid, the game would generate two new ones to make a total of three. Is that correct?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#33952 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoyaJoelle
Yeah, even though it says any outfit, I didn't find the option to change their maxis maternity wear. There are three to buy from Freetime (?) but I can't seem to change their clothing to any other base game ones. Feels like all my female sim got the purple one, so sick of it. Love the green/yellow ones.

It bypasses the Maxis Maternity Wear and lets you wear regular clothes instead.

Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I have a question about the antiredundancy mod. If I have no more of a certain type of NPCs--such as maids--will the game generate a new one even if antiredundancy is in? Or do I need to take the mod out first?

My belief is that the game would generate just one new maid if the mod is in and I had no more maids, but if I took the mod out and I had no maids, it would generate three. I also believe that if I took it out while having one maid, the game would generate two new ones to make a total of three. Is that correct?

Yes, all correct.
Test Subject
#33953 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It bypasses the Maxis Maternity Wear and lets you wear regular clothes instead.

But that's not what I want? I don't mind the Maxis Maternity Wear but would be nice to be able to choose which one.
Mad Poster
#33954 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 7:05 PM
But that's not what I want? I don't mind the Maxis Maternity Wear but would be nice to be able to choose which one.

Can't help you there. I much prefer being able to choose normal clothes.
Mad Poster
#33955 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 7:09 PM

Some mods enable maternity wear as a dresser option (either in the mod itself or as an addon to dressers), so if the maternity outfits were made buyable, you'd be able to buy them and then select which outfit you want (any maternity outfits the sim got from being pregnant would of course be available to them without buying).
Field Researcher
#33956 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 7:43 PM

This might help: https://modthesims.info/d/225251/qu...-coat-hook.html

You can use the shop option to add any maternity wear to your household's wardrobe for free and then use the "plan outfit" option on it to select the maternity outfit you want. Pregnant Sims can use it iirc.
Mad Poster
#33957 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 11:51 PM
Does anyone know if there's a method of checking the business perks a Sim has without sending them to the owned business lot?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#33958 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 2:05 AM
So I've just had Vivian Cho starve to death... Etsu Cho is living alone (as a toddler) at their apartment, is this even possible? What would happen if I were to save the lot? Would she just live there forever as a child, then teen?

EDIT: I actually got the answer myself. The Social Worker comes, even if it took her a while and Etsu Cho was living alone for a fair bit. She's now a child.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#33959 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 2:14 AM
Do you have BoilingOil's kids and pets unattended? The description of it's a bit off and it actually disables the social worker entirely.

You can use jonasn's Instant Inviter to force the social worker show up. Or if you want to try.... toddlers can eat pet food and the Sim Blender can be used to refill it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#33960 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Does anyone know if there's a method of checking the business perks a Sim has without sending them to the owned business lot?

It's not great, but you can see what comes up when you click to pass along business perks on a sim that doesn't have any. It won't tell you how many perks you have in each track, but it will tell you which tracks you have.
Alchemist
#33961 Old Yesterday at 7:03 AM
I'm getting a lot of Climate Controller errors (slot number out of range) during storms - I think it is lightning trying to strike various CC trees.
I looked at one of them, and it doesn't have a target slot...maybe that's the issue?

Can I fix it? It's monsoon season, and there are a LOT of thunderstorms!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#33962 Old Yesterday at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
So I've just had Vivian Cho starve to death... Etsu Cho is living alone (as a toddler) at their apartment, is this even possible? What would happen if I were to save the lot? Would she just live there forever as a child, then teen?

EDIT: I actually got the answer myself. The Social Worker comes, even if it took her a while and Etsu Cho was living alone for a fair bit. She's now a child.

Any child younger than a teen will be taken by the Social worker if there are no adults on the lot. This usually happens immediately. Perhaps you have SSHack by Pescado? This lengthens the time before she arrives. It should not usually be days!

BO's Kids and Pets Unattended disables the social worker entirely. The toddler will get very unhappy, but won't actually die - there is code to stop them starving to death, I think. I can't remember (I think when this happened to me during a challenge when I had this mod in, I put a pet bowl down and used the Blender to auto refill it).

Children can starve to death, be scared to death by ghosts and die from disease.

If there is at least one teen-or-older on the lot, they can live there alone without adults (e.g. the Newsons).

@JoyaJoelle try BoilingOil's Plan Maternity Outfit.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
#33963 Old Yesterday at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Any child younger than a teen will be taken by the Social worker if there are no adults on the lot. This usually happens immediately. Perhaps you have SSHack by Pescado? This lengthens the time before she arrives. It should not usually be days!

BO's Kids and Pets Unattended disables the social worker entirely. The toddler will get very unhappy, but won't actually die - there is code to stop them starving to death, I think. I can't remember (I think when this happened to me during a challenge when I had this mod in, I put a pet bowl down and used the Blender to auto refill it).

I don't have either SSHack or Kids and Pets Unattended. Etsu did get taken away eventually, but not before she had time to grow up and skill up in creativity. Maybe it has something to do with it being an apartment and Timothy Riley having been asked to take care of the children?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#33964 Old Yesterday at 2:47 PM
Oh, if a neighbour has been asked to watch the kids, then that is essentially a nanny. Nannies completely disable the social worker - the kids can be starving locked in a cellar (or, as I found, on fire XD) but if the nanny is on the lot, they won't get taken away.

I guess that the game considered Timothy to be in charge until he wasn't any more - because nothing told him to leave? I wonder if he stayed until the first day she went to school, and then left as his coding told him that a nanny was no longer needed. Then when she came back from school, the "child is alone" coding kicked in.

Theorist
#33965 Old Yesterday at 3:50 PM
It's been a long time since I abused my Sims without saving - but I vaguely remember that there used to be quite a delay before the social worker would show up. I'd get a message that it's not a great idea leaving kids unattended at home, and then... the quiet before the storm.
Mad Poster
#33966 Old Yesterday at 4:30 PM
It's a little bit random. Sometimes you get away with pushing it several times or it takes an hour or two; sometimes the social worker arrives before you've quite realized what happened.

Memories don't get erased until the child is adopted, so you can get around it with a teleporter and an editing tool. Move the kid in with the teleporter, use an editing tool to make them family.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#33967 Old Yesterday at 11:16 PM
I am sure it's hours rather than days, usually. But I think Pes said something about it having cycles and without SSHack, sometimes the warning kicks in when it's too late to do anything about it (especially for the overheating one). So it could be that sometimes when they're alone it's the beginning of a cycle and you can have someone arrive home before the cycle completes, and sometimes it's near the end so they get taken much more quickly.

The animal control officer can be very strict sometimes! I had a dog who got a bad chance card and was sent home from work early. The humans in the house were also at work and the dog's food bowl was empty, I thought about using the Blender to fill it up, but they were due back in 30 minutes so I thought I'd just wait. I directed the sim to fill the bowl as soon as she got home from work, but it was too late! In my mind, that dog was a police dog that my (police officer) sim was training, so I wasn't too bothered about them losing a beloved pet but it did seem a bit harsh!

Mad Poster
#33968 Old Today at 1:38 AM
So, what is it with cheesecake and twins? Is this some sort of folklore I'm unaware of? Searching gets just these sorts of results:

Mad Poster
#33969 Old Today at 1:46 AM Last edited by simmer22 : Today at 2:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
So, what is it with cheesecake and twins? Is this some sort of folklore I'm unaware of? Searching gets just these sorts of results:

A pregnant sim eating cheesecake in TS2 will cause a twin pregnancy. Unless you've got a mod to stop this, of course.

I mostly use mods when deciding on baby numbers, so it's been a while since my sims did any cheesecake cooking out of... let's say necessity. Last time I gave it a go (not too long ago), my sim switched from single to twin pregnancy with one slice of cheesecake, so it's powerful stuff.

(To give an answer to the picture - there are several options for increasing the chance of multiple births in both TS3 and TS4 - in TS4 the sim can for instance purchase the fertile trait or the "ley line" lot trait can be used. In TS3 there's for instance fertility treatment, or the sim can watch the kids' channel - But no cheesecake for either of them. Various food options can increase the chance for or decide the gender of the baby/ies, though - apples for boys and watermelons for girls in TS3, strawberries for girls and carrots for boys in TS4).
Page 1359 of 1359