Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#14926 Old Yesterday at 10:04 PM Last edited by simmer22 : Today at 12:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
If I'd wanted to put that directly into my game I would've extracted the folder to my downloads folder and then wondered why nothing in it showed up in-game.

I haven't extracted anything directly into my Downloads folder since... Well, I don't know if I've ever done it. I prefer keeping things under control in my Downloads folder, at least now when I've gotten most of that beast under control...

I prefer to look at what's inside, and move it manually. There's usually other files there too, or folders I don't want, other zipped files, "pick x files" or things like that, and these days I tend to edit some files to my liking before putting them in my game (such as price or categories), so mostly out of habit I still manually extract, to deal with this. Plus, there are always zipped files that refuse to extract directly to a folder, or refuse to open unless you do a bit of voodoo, jump around, and blow some fairy dust on them first... (Windows can open some zip files without needing any external tools, but for pretty much everything else - like rar files - there's 7zip...)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#14927 Old Today at 12:01 AM
Quote:
"...unless you do a bit of woodoo, jump around, and blow some fairy dust on them first..."

Anyone else read that as "woohoo" first time through? I've seen a lot of crazy stuff on the internet, but this mod? ...hahaha

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Prior Workshop : Slots Odyssey!!
This Workshop is a guide to adding container slots to your object! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Mad Poster
#14928 Old Today at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Anyone else read that as "woohoo" first time through?

I suspect zip files wouldn't open from that
(and I did realize I'd put a "v" too many in that "W" )
Page 598 of 598