Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 5:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims are not moving
Hello, everyone.

I just got back to playing sims again after 5 years. I used to play with a lot of CC, more than what I use now but never encountered anything like this before. I didn't download much aside from the story progression mod and the FFS Director's Cut which I did also have before. Weird because my computer is more powerful now than before and things like this happen. Any ideas?

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 6:19 AM
Standing around and not moving at all, or "jumping" around in a circle whenever you direct them or the sims seem to be trying to move?

Turn on debug mode ("boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true") and see if you get an error log. Most likely you've got mod conflicts that either are causing multiple errors (jump bugs when debug is off) or are causing issues with sims' will to do anything.

HCDU+ and "What caused this" can be helpful in figuring out the issues:
https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...s/HcduPlus.html
https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...CausedThis.html

The Story Progression mod affects a lot of things, so I assume it likely would conflict with a lot of things as well. If you haven't used it before, make sure to check for known conflicts first, and don't put in large "dumps" of mods and assume those will work fine together - that's not always the case. You'll want to test with small batches if you're unsure what works or not.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Standing around and not moving at all, or "jumping" around in a circle whenever you direct them or the sims seem to be trying to move?

Turn on debug mode ("boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true") and see if you get an error log. Most likely you've got mod conflicts that either are causing multiple errors (jump bugs when debug is off) or are causing issues with sims' will to do anything.

HCDU+ and "What caused this" can be helpful in figuring out the issues:
https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...s/HcduPlus.html
https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...CausedThis.html

The Story Progression mod affects a lot of things, so I assume it likely would conflict with a lot of things as well. If you haven't used it before, make sure to check for known conflicts first, and don't put in large "dumps" of mods and assume those will work fine together - that's not always the case. You'll want to test with small batches if you're unsure what works or not.

Gotcha. Sorry, it's been a while since I've done this. To answer your question, no, they are not jumping around in a circle. Like they are just standing there like their autonomy was turned off. I did turn it off at first, but it shouldn't affect other sims since I'm in a dorm, right?

Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 4:19 PM
Have you tried any of the suggestions? (debug, HCDU?)

Mod conflicts don't always cause jump bugs (an error auto-resetting). Sometimes they can cause actions to disappear from the queue before you even see them happening, so it appears as if the sim is just standing there. Could still be causing errors, though.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 5:47 PM
Does forcing an error on them start things up again?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 8:35 PM
Try turning off debug mode and using the batbox to force errors on everything.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 9:15 PM
It is almost certain that something within the MATY director's cut and the story progression mod conflict with each other, most likely multiple things.

Director's Cut is all compatible with itself so you can put that in as a whole safely, but IMO, there is little sense in doing this - all that is is Pescado's idea of the mods that HE thinks are best for HIS game. You may well have different preferences.

If Story Progression is important to you then it would make sense to take all other mods out and just start with Story Progression. Then if you want to add other mods, do so individually and google to see if you can find anyone discussing using the mod that you want to add together with SP, especially if it is a large or complex mod.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 2:58 AM
Story Progression largely consists of self-contained objects and therefore doesn't really conflict with that much stuff. The "conflicts" that usually get listed are mostly mods that are supposed to do something when sims age up or have babies or do something else that Story Progression directs off-lot sims to do, that just won't function when those sims are off-lot. The few actual conflicts that exist generally cause errors, and I don't think there are any such conflicts with the director's cut. I don't think there are any conflicts that would cause something like this to happen.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 4:35 AM
Downloaded the wrong/an outdated version of a mod (or the director's cut) perhaps? Outside of the two things mentioned, there could be other possibly conflicting mods OP hasn't mentioned.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 5:32 AM
The director's cut hasn't been updated in years. Something like this is much more likely to just be some controller being in an anomalous state, which is fixed by resetting it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jul 2024 at 6:57 AM
Hey, guys. I am sorry for the late reply. I just removed some of the mods and it works alright now. The culprit really was something from the Director's Cut. Thanks a lot for the discourse.