Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#8926 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 9:38 PM
What's happening in Pleasantview:

Well, after Lucy Burb got divorced from Dustin Broke and took their daughter to move back home with her parents, she started getting close to her boss, Toby Bruenig. Who is, in my opinion, a complete rat, and I was very distressed to see them autonomously woohooing on a community lot when Noah Burb went on an outing with his family after graduating from college. (Toby, by the way, was previously Cassandra Goth's boyfriend who rejected her engagement proposal, then got back together with her and said yes the second time only to leave her at the altar, and then got Brandi LeTourneau pregnant, and now lives with Brandi and his son. When is he going to die?)

Liam Pleasant, the son of Daniel and Dagmar Bertino, got engaged to his high school sweetheart, Nicole, who was previously the cashier. I thought they were very sweet together. They moved into a new house and got pregnant right away. And then, Nicole dropped by Noah's new house, and they autonomously woohooed, and now Noah is in love with her too!

Dustin's new wife, Marsha (nee Bruenig), was trying to impress her new stepdaughter and almost burned the Broke trailer down.

Benjamin Long, Cassandra's boyfriend after Toby who also turned down her proposal of marriage, got himself a new girlfriend and actually married her. It was no other than Calista Despret, the Goths' former nanny!

Don Lothario fiinally got caught cheating by his wife Dina, and of course Bella 2 was the instigator. After the slapfest, Don and Bella proceeded to woohoo. Then Dina woohooed with Cyd Roseland to get back at him. And this all happened at their son's birthday party!

Rangi Deppiesse, son of Abhijeet and Jan Tellerman, just out of college, took Tosha Go on a date, and she got pregnant from risky woohoo. Even though he was a Romance Sim, he wanted to get engaged to her, so they did.

And finally, Yolanda Dreamer, daughter of Dirk and Meadow (Thayer), went to college and had her first woohoo with Elijah Bear, son of Russ Bear and Iris Copur. And she got pregnant her very first time via risky woohoo! So she had to drop out of college and move in with her grandparents (Darren and Brandi) because there was no room at her parents' house for the new baby.

I'm moving on to Strangetown now. Maybe things will be quieter there.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8927 Old 15th Jul 2024 at 11:20 PM
Hal Summerdream had his birthday, and had a birthday party with his family as well as his best friend Romeo. He rolled a want to flirt with another one of his best friends, Carla Capp. I don't think I'll fulfill it since he's very happy in his marriage to Bottom Summerdream, Carla is married to his sister and bff Desdemona, plus I'm 99% certain she's gay, but I locked the want anyway since I found it interesting. Otherwise, Hal has always been the kind of person who's only really done what's been expected of him.

Beatrice and Benedick Monty also had their birthdays, as well as Beatrice's (and Ariel Capp's) daughter Lennox, who became a romance teen with a family secondary, so they had a triple celebration with both Montys and Capps present. I had planned for Lennox to give her grandmother Goneril a call the next day but forgot, but when I was in Goneril's household Lennox called on her own accord.

Adriana Monty had a party, inviting the aforementioned Lennox, the cashier teens, her friend Neha Ramaswami, and Mallory Mace. Her parents Mercutio and Pamela both had a cold so I locked them in their bedroom as long as the party lasted. Around midnight, Adriana was hungry but it turned out the fridge was empty so she ordered a pizza instead. Her and Mallory apparently clicked, because Adriana then proceeded to invite her home two school days in a row and now their best friends. That also means that Mallory will become an adult along with Adriana when she has her birthday, as the last teen townie in Veronaville to grow up.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#8928 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 5:19 PM
I previously posted about my plans to have weekend soccer games. I finally built the soccer field.

I had already set up 4 schools (just a community lot, not a simlogical school) in each subhood, complete with school colors based on the Freetime soccer uniforms

Lakeview Hills (main hood) is yellow/green
Downtown is red/blue
Bluewater Village is white/red
Landgraab Prep (private school) is white/light blue

For the teams, I chose children and teens who have 8+ active points and OTH of sports or fitness and had them get the correct uniform when they aged up.

Each team has a coach too- parents of one of the kids who have 8+ active, sports OTH or they're in the athletic career.

I've had 2 children's games so far for testing purposes- Downtown versus Bluewater Village and Lakeview Hills versus Landgraab Prep. Basically I just assign 2 kids from opposing teams to each goal post. It turned out super cute. Some parents of the team members just happened to be on the lot when I loaded, so I had them sit to watch their kid play. If there are more kids than goal posts, the extra kids just end up playing tag and catch with each other, which is fitting for a kiddie soccer game.

I'm going to do a teen game next, but there are a lot fewer teens in soccer since many of them have a part time jobs.

Currently the soccer field is set up as a community lot so this isn't automated and the pupil tokens don't save, but I might have someone (possibly Jordan Watson, Hall of Famer) purchase it as a business lot so I can use the Simlogical school functions and save the classes and teachers (coaches) instead of summoning all the kids each time. The plan is to have the household with kids on the soccer teams go to the lot Saturday from 9am-12pm for a game, meet other children, and earn a bunch of body skill points.

It's like the secret hobby lots, except actually useful!

(Terrible quality in-game pics because I was too lazy to take screenshots)

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8929 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 11:25 PM
For some reason today I just got the urge to play Pleasantview... so I ran with it. I downloaded clean templates and started up the game. This is the first time I've played in months, I've been so busy with my crochet projects but I had a really fun time coming up with new and interesting storylines.

The Burb's moved into their new house and have started to settle into suburbia. Jennifer got a new job in business with the help of her sister-in-law Mary-Sue. Little Lucy is doing great at school, and really enjoyed her first day in her new school. Jennifer has high hopes for her and wants her to get an A+ report card and join a private school. John isn't really that interested, he didn't want to find a job but did roll a want for a baby and a pet - he got a cat named Blue. So far, it has scratched up the sofa and dislikes John. John also met the neighbours, including Brandi Broke - who he instantly felt a connection to. The move from the big city has been a little tough on them all, and John and Jennifer's relationship has become strained. John really wants another baby to bring them closer, but Jennifer is not interested at all in any more children and wants to put all her effort into her career, and Lucy.

Since I used a clean template, Mary-Sue did not come home early and catch Daniel cheating like I was initially planning for The Pleasants. In fact, ACR made it impossible for them to keep their hands off each other, and that afternoon Daniel and Mary-Sue fell back in love. They decided to celebrate by going on vacation. Tensions are still running high though, whenever the lovebirds weren't all over each other, they were slapping and poking at Lilith. Poor girl had to keep going on tours to get away from them. My heart breaks for her, the whole time she kept rolling wants to apologise to her parents. Eventually the trip became too much and they headed home early. As soon as they got home, Angela ran to the bathroom to vomit, and Lilith ran away from home. The latter was probably expected. Angela on the other hand had a little too much fun on vacation and has come home with more than just happy memories. Funnily enough, as soon as she came home she autonomously woohooed Dustin. I guess she plans on telling him the baby is his.

For the first time in my games history, The Goths hosted the wedding between Don and Cassandra. I never play out the original storyline. I love Cassandra and she deserves better than Don. This time however, I thought it would be interesting to play them as a 'happily married' couple. Anyway, the wedding went off without a hitch, Don said "I do" and the two kissed then Nina Caliente walks up to congratulate the newly weds by making out with Don right then and there in front of both Cassandra and Kaylynn! That was the fastest marriage ever. Mortimer attacks him, slaps Nina, Cassandra then divorces Don and somehow the wedding party scored "not bad"! Whats worse is that Cassandra is pregnant with Don's baby because my original plan was to have it be a bit of a 'shot gun wedding' type scenario (which is what was suppose to finally convince Don to settle down).

Despite the absolute nightmare of that event, somehow wedding bells are still ringing for the Calientes. Mortimer asked Dina for her hand in marriage and of course she said yes! She was so pleased she bought herself a new slinky dress to celebrate - it's black so she'll fit in with the goths, not too low that she gets mistaken for Cassandra but not too high she doesn't follow the Goth's strict modesty rules. Nina however is jealous - as a hopeless romantic she can't wait to marry someone. Don. Obviously. If he ever comes around. Which he will. Now Cassandra is out of the picture. She ended up slapping Mortimer out of jealousy, causing Alexander (who was suppose to be meeting his new step-Mother for the first time!) to cry and Mortimer had to console him. Mortimer says there's no way this relationship will work if she continues to live with that annoying hotheaded twin sister so Dina has agreed to move into the Goth mansion next rotation.

Now I have to sleep, but hopefully should be finishing off the Pleasantview rotation tomorrow

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#8930 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 12:34 AM
I finished the rotations in Strangetown. I added it to Pleasantview when Pleasantview was just starting its first spring season, and now the second spring had ended in both, so Strangetown is just over a year old in game time.

In the Beaker household, Loki's alien twins, Angel and Hella, became children. I will put pics below because they have to be seen to be believed. Loki the werewolf took his second victim, a townie (Alvin Futa). The first was his sister's on-again, off-again boyfriend, Abhijeet Cho. Loki is also working hard on making a servo, and I really want for that to happen. Loki, Circe, and Erin are all elders now, and Erin really wants to find a way to stop Loki's killer rampages, but I'm not sure what she can do about it.

The Grunt household was very happy and sedate. General Buzz and Nina are still gaga for each other. I think Buzz only has a day or two left of life. Their son Mateo became a teen and got the Fortune aspiration. Buck also lives here. He advanced very far in his career and is almost a Mad Scientist already. That's what you can accomplish when you have zero romantic prospects, I guess.

There are also two teens in the Curious sister's house now. Kallisto is Chloe's illegitimate daughter with Goopy GilsCarbo, and Solomon is Lola's illegitimate son with Alexander Goth. (Alex doesn't know about Solomon.) She is a Romance Sim, he is a Popularity Sim, so this house was basically party central the whole season, with neighbors, teens, and family hanging out pretty much constantly.

By contrast, the Curious brothers' place was very quiet, with a lot of skilling going on. All three brothers are still bachelors. Pascal is bewitched by Olive Specter and so pretty much does whatever she wants. Lazlo is a commitment phobe who goes on one date with someone and then forgets about them. Vidcund is not at all interested; I think he's asexual in this playthrough, which makes sense. Vidcund's alien son, Wolfgang, became a teen too and got the Family aspiration, and of course, Pascal's twins are here as well, but Celeste (his oldest) is at university.

The Smith household -- The youngest, Josephine, became a werewolf, and also Jenny has not been well since PT#9 died, so Johnny finally threw up his hands and moved back home. His career in show business has stalled out, and his romantic life is a mess, so it made sense. I'm not sure how good a job he is doing looking after things, though, since Jenny's new boyfriend, Patrick, mysteriously died in the back garden. No one know what the cause was. Did Josephine do something? No one can quite believe that of her. Johnny was more interested in throwing a party and getting his ex, Ophelia, to come over. Even though his girlfriend was there too, Johnny only paid attention to Ophelia, and he finally succeeded in getting her to fall back in love with him, something he's been trying to do since they were in college.

So at the Nigmos household, Ophelia's wants were all for Johnny. She called him up to sneak out for a date and got pregnant. Her husband, Beau, worships Ophelia and believed that this was going to be their third child together. But the baby came out green, so I don't think Ophelia is going to be able to pass it off as Beau's. I left the household immediately after she gave birth, so I'm not sure how all that's going to shake out, but I sure feel sorry for Beau. He always seems to be unlucky at love.

Everything was beautiful at the Grunt-Davis household. Everyone dotes on Emma, who is now a child: her fathers, her uncles, her grandfather. She is spoiled, but I think she's really sweet, so it'll be okay. Otherwise, Tank and Almeric spent almost all their time being lovey-dovey with each other, and I swear they auto woohooed at least once a day.

Finally, at the Specter house, Nervous has reluctantly moved in with his alien daughter because his money problems were so severe, and Calamity had become Olive's best friend. Olive is grooming Calamity to be her apprentice, but she wants to keep Nervous around too, and she figured out a scheme. She lured over a townie (Jasmine Rai) and fed her to the cow-plant to get Nervous some extra days of life. Then she used her special phone line to the Grim Reaper to bring Jasmine back as a zombie. Then she fed zombie Jasmine to the cow-plant again to make more milk for herself. For her part, Calamity started skipping school all the time, but she still managed to get an arts scholarship, and that (plus a hefty bribe) got her into university, with the promise to return once she graduates.

The last household is actually Downtown. That is where Ripp lives with his girlfriend, Jill Smith, and his best friend, Bobby Broke. Ripp and Jill got married completely on an impulse, but they have an open relationship and are quite happy with their carefree, partying lifestyle. Bobby also came out as bisexual, and I'm wondering if a throuple might be forming there.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8931 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 12:36 AM
@Kligma are you using face shader masks there or are those just your skins? Can I ask which ones? (For either question!)

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#8932 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
@Kligma are you using face shader masks there or are those just your skins? Can I ask which ones? (For either question!)

They're mostly the Maxis skins (plus some Maxis match inbetween skin tones), with Subtle wrinkles by Nopke from here on Modthesims on top for the elders

I am Error.
Test Subject
#8933 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 7:31 PM
In Emerald Heights, Cecily Wentworth died mysteriously. Her grave unbeknownst to her family is in Ceasar Rafferty’s back yard lol
Scholar
#8934 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 10:37 PM
One of my Pleasantview Sims, Sophie Miguel, married Mr. Big from Downtown. Sophie is very career-oriented and just got promoted to Judge. She works a lot. So I didn't know quite what to do with Henry (Mr. Big). He barely goes to work at all, and they live in a very nice house with everything they could possibly want. He got the want to hustle pool, so I decided to follow that up as his hobby, and I locked it. I put a pool table in their garage. He hustles everyone he can--all his friends (he has a lot of them), anyone who comes over and walks by the house. And he loses every! single! time! It's uncanny how bad he is. That want has been locked for two seasons now. He can't even beat his daughter's teen boyfriend, who admittedly also has a pool table at home, but c'mon man!
Mad Poster
#8935 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 11:16 PM
Don Lothario moved back into his bachelor pad, after being married for 3 hours. He doesn't quite have the funds to restore his home with all the expensive furniture he had, and he definitely can't afford a maid. Which is annoying because his trash can is getting kicked over by Kaylynn, Cassandra and Mortimer several times a day every day. I'm not really sure what I want to do with him now. I kinda want a redemption arc where he becomes a really involved Dad but I always do that with him so maybe not this time.

Darren and Dirk Dreamer didn't do much. I usually split Dirk and Lilith up because I just don't feel like they actually pair well, but I checked the relationship panel and they're 3-bolters so, maybe this time I actually will keep them together. Darren's sold a few paintings and paid the bills. He didn't attend Cassandra's wedding, and isn't really in the loop with the neighbourhood gossip, so he doesn't know the disaster that ensued. Instead he's trying to get over her by focusing on his art.

The Oldie's moved into a condo, and had enough money to make a cute little sun room off the back with plants and a two-seater. Then Lilith turned up on their porch and has somewhat commandeered it. While they do love their granddaughter- they don't really seem to get her or why she wouldn't just forgive her parents. Herb thinks she should just suck it up and move back home, but Coral is trying to nurture her and "fix her up" with good cooking and grandma hugs. Lilith is now a C student, and has rolled a want to go to college.

Brandi Broke found out she is carrying her recently deceased husband's third child. It brought back a lot of feelings and thoughts, that have made it difficult for her to function as a parent. She hasn't rolled any wants for Beau - luckily he ended up learning to talk but that was about it. She doesn't really care anymore, and when left to her own devices just watches TV. Dustin just isn't feeling a spark with Angela and is thinking of breaking up, he met Meadow Thayler and Tosha Go - two girls he is interested in getting to know better. Dustin doesn't yet know that Angela is pregnant, but I figure once she drops that bomb on him he'll probably marry her. Here's hoping the kid somehow looks like Dustin. I don't even remember what the father looked like.

I also attached Bluewater village and downtown. Over in Bluewater Village, Florence Delarosa closed her flower shop early to focus on her social life, she logged into her computer and started speaking to a sweet man named Darren (Dreamer). He came over, and they agreed to go on a date. They ended up having a wonderful time, have pretty decent chemistry and have plans to go out again. They're taking it slow however. Florence really wants her flower shop to become successful, that's her main goal right now.

Checo and Lisa Ramirez really really want their daughter to do good and grow up to inherit the family business. One would have thought that Checo's business skills would schmooze the headmaster into letting little Tessa into private school, but he was not impressed and left before dinner had even been served; which is good because Lisa burnt the mac & cheese. Both parents went into aspiration failure, and have now rolled only money related wants. I guess they also feel quite bad they wasted a whole day that could be spent at the furniture shop making money. Tessa doesn't care either way, she tried selling lemonade but nobody was interested.

Chester Gieke moved to town. There's nothing really to say there. He was called by a mystery woman to come to downtown for an outing with her and her friends and he agreed. He turned up, spent some time chatting, somehow woohooed a random woman who then immediately offered him a job in the Science career track. That was kinda odd. I don't yet have any plans for him. I asked my husband for his input but his only idea was "I dunno, kill him off?".

Forum Resident
#8936 Old 23rd Jul 2024 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I previously posted about my plans to have weekend soccer games. I finally built the soccer field.

I took a few screenshots. I realized I didn't get any shots of the buildings, but one is just bathrooms and the other side is half snacks and tables, and half "supply closet" aka where I hid all the mods like visitor controller, teleporter, clothing trunk, etc.

Now that this has worked out, I'm coming up with ever crazier ideas like mentioned in the original post, like swim teams, teen bands, and a summer sleepaway camp so my sim kids are gone for multiple days (with community time). My sims kids have gone from bringing a random friend home from school on occasion to having 10 friends before they're even teens!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8937 Old 23rd Jul 2024 at 5:25 AM
I've been playing Duma Key (relocated PV) and the 1st tier kids are growing up.

Also tried out the townie-owned "Therapy" building where those who are in emotional and mental distress can go and see Dr. Freud-it worked perfectly.
I had joined Sigmund Freud into a family that had enough money, made him buy the business-set it to be open regular hours with a bandatron..then sent him back to town when he returned home. The business is always open. But he had left before anyone had showed up, so it's a one-on-one experience.

Thus when anyone shows up to the Therapy for sessions, they pay the fee and he shows up to talk to them. I figure that's as realistic as anyone can get to having a Therapist on duty.

Sigmund is going to stay a townie, and non-aging.

Jeff Pleasant was his first patient.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Scholar
#8938 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 3:59 PM
Well, two in-game years have passed in Pleasantview = 8 full seasons = about 40 days/years. Some of the original adults are now starting to die of old age, and all of the original teens + Alexander (who was a little older than the other kids) have aged to elder. Since the summer round was just completed, I decided it was a good time for families to move to other neighborhoods if they wanted. I also decided to ditch the Bluewater Village subhood altogether for now and move the Bluewater families into Pleasantview, so I will start playing them in fall. And I added some community lots for verisimilitude, mainly an all-grades school, a courthouse/town offices building, and a police station.

Who died this round: Mary-Sue and Daniel Pleasant, both in platinum, of old age. Toby Bruenig, finally! Toby's death put Cassandra in aspiration failure AGAIN, even though he treated her dirty all her life, and dramatically broke up with her twice. And Mary-Sue's second husband, Joe Carr, decided to autonomously fix the computer and electrocuted himself.

Mary-Sue's daughter, Ida, and her husband, Cyrus King, decided to move to Strangetown after Mary-Sue's and Joe's deaths. They no longer have many ties to Pleasantview, and Cyrus is high up in the military now, so he will be closer to his job. They can also afford a much nicer home there, given the difference in cost of living. Maybe they will finally decide to have a baby.

Jennifer Burb became a Business Tycoon, achieving her lifetime goal, and is extremely satisfied. John is not so happy because, despite what his bio says, he can't get his garden to grow good produce. They will probably go next round, and Lucy will inherit their house.

Dina Lothario finally got fed up with Don and kicked him out. She must have had an ironclad prenup because he got no money in the divorce. He has to crash on a friend's couch for now. He needs to hire a good lawyer.

Lilith Goth got abducted by aliens. Seeing how she and Alexander spent their lives searching for the aliens who abducted Bella, I think that event represented the successful culmination of their research, so they both retired when they aged up. I'm not sure how they'll spend their elder years.

Angela and Jimmy Phoenix also retired from their jobs. Their daughter, Minerva, grew up and is planning to move out on their own, so I think they will renovate the Oldies' old house where they live and turn into a real party house.

Dirk Dreamer is about to reach the top of the Gamer career, so he'll keep working, but his wife, Meadow, wants to leave her job and move into a smaller condo. Their son, Geoffrey, is set to age up without going to college, and it remains to be seen if he will continue to freeload off his parents. Their daughter, Yolanda, moved in with Darren and Brandi after she got pregnant at university, which makes Darren the first living great-grandparent in the neighborhood.

Dustin Broke now has two young kids (despite his age), the family he's always wanted, but his younger wife, Marsha (Bruenig), has been having severe mental health problems since the second pregnancy and has started attacking people for no reason, so I'm not sure what Dustin's going to do about that. He never gets a break.

Beau Broke moved back to Pleasantview after his very bitter divorce from Ophelia Nigmos following the birth of a baby that clearly wasn't Beau's. He got custody of their son, Theodore, and the dog, while Ophelia got custody of their daughter, Charlotte, and has moved in with Johnny. Beau also got fired from his Science job, so he's also been pretty unlucky lately.

As for the younger kids, Liam Pleasant married his high school sweetheart, Nicole, and they had a baby daughter. They are living Downtown and both pursuing careers in Show Business. And Rangi Deppiesse married Tosha Go and had a baby son, Bruno. They are also living Downtown because of their careers. Despite being Romance and Pleasure aspiration, they seem to be a devoted couple.
Mad Poster
#8939 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 5:48 PM
Jennifer really wanted Lucy to go to a private school so I invited the head master round. The evening went OK, Jennifer cooked a nice meal, the tour went surprisingly well even though they still haven't furnished their house fully. Lucy and Jennifer (who is currently pregnant with baby #2) went to bed, leaving John to schmooze. The timer was ticking down and they were SOOO close to getting in, so as a last ditch effort I got John to flirt with the headmaster... yeah he did not like that and they lost like 10 points. Guess Lucy isn't gonna be a private school girl any time soon

Mad Poster
#8940 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Jennifer really wanted Lucy to go to a private school so I invited the head master round. The evening went OK, Jennifer cooked a nice meal, the tour went surprisingly well even though they still haven't furnished their house fully. Lucy and Jennifer (who is currently pregnant with baby #2) went to bed, leaving John to schmooze. The timer was ticking down and they were SOOO close to getting in, so as a last ditch effort I got John to flirt with the headmaster... yeah he did not like that and they lost like 10 points. Guess Lucy isn't gonna be a private school girl any time soon

What kind of asshole cheats on his pregnant wife? You, sir, will never be associated with this school!
Mad Poster
#8941 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 7:13 PM
Well, well, well.

The party at the Appleby's was a real boring snoozer, the twins has just grown up, though.

Then, in the middle of the party, Mrs Appleby decides to give birth - to another set of twins.

Suddenly, it is a roof raiser
Instructor
#8942 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 4:09 AM
Brittany Upsnott and Justin Cleveland recently met at a Tri-Var party. Maybe it was his way of getting revenge on ex Aurora Santos, now also a Tri-Var sister, but him and Brittany really hit it off at that party and were sneaking out to the "woohoo room" by the end of the night. It wasn't just a hookup, they went on a proper date the next day and it looks like they are now in a proper, committed relationship. Maybe Justin is finally over Tara deBateau, it took him long enough. And Brittany finally left her involuntary celibacy, literally years after she rolled her First Woohoo want and after even the llama mascot rejecting her.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Scholar
#8943 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 1:26 PM Last edited by Amura : 27th Jul 2024 at 4:22 PM.
I haven't played in a long while, and hey, how I missed it!
Yesterday I had some quality me-time, and I run the game just to found out Origin is no longer, and I had to install some new thing, but whatever, who cares as long as the game works :D
I did not want to spend a lot of time designing the hood, so I just grabbed an empty one and put some houses, created a very generic household and played it for several Simdays.

I set the three of them as siblings, and their family name is Backers.
Anna is the red-head, she's a Fortune Sim and wants to have all the luxuries in the world. So far she got a job with a puny salary and manages to live.
Cassie is the blonde, she's a Pleasure Sim but what she really wants is to be extremely influential. So instead of getting a job, she decided to stay at home, doing the common chores, and try to find time to socialise.
Teresa is the brunette, she's a Knowledge Sim who is extremely interested in plants and would like to learn flower arrangement. She also got a job she does not care too much about, but there she is.

Their social life is very limited, because I had an empty townie pool and also use no-regen mods, but Cassie still managed to create some drama.
She dated the garden club member (Ignacio) for a while, and it looked like they were doing pretty well, but she grew bored and also asked the postman (Kelvin Gardiner) out. Ignacio caught them in the middle of a date, and after some well-deserved slapping Cassia decided it was not worth trying to fix it with him - she had a new lover anyway.
She eventually got pregnant, and after a shotgun marriage they are moving with baby Mary to an apartment of their own.

Anna has not dated so far, but Teresa seems to have found someone she likes. She's an NPC too, her name is Destiny, and they do look very cute together.
Screenshots
Scholar
#8944 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 7:48 PM
I've played Strangetown (attached to Pleasantview) now for 6 seasons, so about 30 days or so. There always seems to be a lot going on there.

Beakers: Loki in his werewolf form attacked Erin's new boyfriend, Oliver Bertino, when he was visiting and almost killed him, but Erin was able to save him from death, which temporarily put a halt to Loki's feeding frenzy. Loki also managed to create his first servo, named Angerbota, although she doesn't seem all that angry. Erin threw a birthday party for Loki's alien twins and invited Nervous among some other guests. Loki got in two fistfights with Nervous (not as a werewolf) and Angerbota got a crush on Nervous. Angel is Knowledge aspiration, and Hella is Fortune.

Grunts: Precocious as always, Buck became Strangetown's first Mad Scientist and achieved his lifetime want. The only romantic wants he rolled were for his own stepmother, Nina Caliente, which he couldn't fulfill, and he had no luck on the telescope even though he has maxed logic. General Buzz has a lot more time left than I previously thought. His fourth son, Mateo, went to university.

Curiouses: Previously, in Pleasantview, Sancho Lothario had found out his friend, Solomon Curious, was actually the illegitimate son of Alexander Goth, and he told his mother, Dina, who then told Alexander. So Alex called up Lola to get the truth from her, and she invited him over to finally meet his son. I don't think they got along too well, but Lola and Alex reignited their old romance. Lola also autonomously woohooed with her sister's live-in boyfriend, Aldric Davis, while Chloe was at work. Shameless! Then Solomon went to university, along with Chloe's daughter, Kallisto.

Over in the other Curious house, Pascal became the second Mad Scientist in Strangetown and fulfilled his lifetime want. The Mad Scientists here are so nice! His older daughter, Celeste, got married to Jared Starchild, and they moved out to their own household. Vidcund's alien son, Wolfgang, went to university. Pascal's twins, Logan and Luna, became teens; Logan is Popularity aspiration, and Luna is Romance. The wolfpack leaders kept showing up and even hanging out in the kitchen, but Lazlo was not able to fulfill his dream of becoming a werewolf.

Smiths: Following her divorce from Beau Broke, Ophelia moved into the Smith house with hers and Beau's daughter, Charlotte, and her new baby by Johnny. (Beau moved back to Pleasantview with their son and the dog.) At long last, Johnny and Ophelia got married. Jenny was very happy to have a grandchild finally, and Lucas had a birthday and became a child.

Grunt-Davises: Tank and Almeric are still the world's most sickeningly perfect couple. Their daughter, Emma, became a teen, and it should come as no surprise that she also has the Popularity aspiration.

Specter: Nervous got on the telescope and got abducted again. Olive teleported over a townie she didn't like and let him go grab the cake from the cowplant so Nervous could have some extra days and get through the pregnancy. Olive also got the want to resurrect one of her previous victims, Ajay Loner, which she did, and then Ajay was promptly scared to death by the ghosts. Nervous had twins! That's the third set of alien twins in Strangetown. They are named Lucius and Adelaide.

I haven't gotten to Downtown or University yet. Ripp and Jill live Downtown with Bobby Broke, and there are now three university cohorts to get through.

P.S. I posted all the pictures of the teens on their birthdays to the Teens Pictures thread if anyone is interested in seeing them.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8945 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 11:10 PM
Four new babies!

Angela gave birth to a healthy baby boy she named Icarus. Dustin came round, he had got engaged to Angela when he found out she was pregnant - but Icarus is very clearly not his child no matter what Angela claimed so he broke things off with her. Her parents aren't happy and haven't been since finding out she was pregnant, though they've tried to be supportive. They've moved her into Lilith's old room as it has a little area they can use as a baby room for now. The house is now trying to adjust to a new normal. Daniel has sadly gone back to his cheating ways, and Mary-Sue is uninterested in anything that isn't her grandson. I feel like she's a bit pushy and controlling over Angela and the baby. Angela has rolled a want to go to uni and will be leaving when Icarus becomes a toddler. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Cassandra gave birth to Isabella Goth. There was some debate on the last name. She invited Don round for the birth. I heard the 'love chimes' and thought they had patched things up - nope it was just Dina cheating on Mortimer. He walked into the room and instantly started slapping Don Cassandra went into labour just as Mortimer attacked him - so I decided the baby should be a Goth and not a Lothario but I'm still not fully sure. Dina had been trying for a baby with Mortimer for the past few rotations too and finally got pregnant. I'm not sure if Mortimer is going to stay for the baby's sake or if he'll even believe the baby is his after this event.

The Ramirez family also welcomed a new baby; little Carmen. I kinda pictured Checo as a traditional "I want a boy" kind of man, but I dunno, I feel like he's happy to be raising two strong independent women. However they did instantly hop back into bed and Lisa is now pregnant AGAIN. They didn't work today, prefering a day off to welcome Carmen to the world and spend time with her. Tessa is doing well at school, and often makes lemonade - that noone buys. I'm probably going to make her a fortune Sim even though I did in my megahood too. She'll probably take over the family business in the future.

Malcolm Landgraab IV married Jodie Larson and she is now carrying their first child. She's not really that interested in him, other than his money. Her plan is to eventually divorce him, take half his money and businesses and then inherit the rest through her child in the future. To be fair, Malcolm is only using her to have children and pass on his family name anyway, he'll probably divorce her when someone 'more fun' comes along in the future. He's just bought his third business, and with money from business rewards they've redecorated upstairs and added two bedrooms and another bathroom. Malcolm's study is still there, it's just downsized. I figure it can also become a bedroom if need be. I don't see him having more than one child though if the first is a boy. Unlike Checo, I feel like it's really important for him to have a male heir.

The Tinkers have been struggling with secondary infertility for years. They finally made the decision to adopt - only to then find out they were pregnant with their second! Christian was adopted as a toddler, and his younger brother Jaxon made his appearance this rotation

Instructor
#8946 Old Yesterday at 1:02 AM
Jane Stacks found her first job as an intern!

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Mad Poster
#8947 Old Yesterday at 3:13 PM
Right now I've got all three of my custom hoods in my game active:
Duma Key, Thalia and Tinsel Town.

I got Thalia out of storage and resumed it. It still amazes me that after nearly 8 years it's still quite perky, and not corrupted at all. Everything works as it should.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#8948 Old Yesterday at 6:37 PM
Noah Hatherley had invited Jack Gill for a sleepover. But, instead of going to bed, Jack joined fellow teenage guest Trace Randall (a Bluewater townie) in playing chess in the garden. About half past midnight Jack and Trace left together, with Jack complaining that he had he hadn't been allowed to sleep. Not true, Jack. All the time you were playing chess with Trace, there were two empty double beds in the house, and you could have slept in either of them if you'd wanted to. It was your choice to play chess with Trace instead. Don't blame Noah.

Noah however wasn't too upset! His friend-with-benefits Toni Forth was also there, messing about with him in the love tub. Noah immediately asked Toni to sleep over instead of Jack. Toni agreed without quibble.

For the avoidance of doubt, as it may not be clear from some of their names, Noah, Jack, Toni and Trace are all boys.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#8949 Old Today at 10:51 PM
I finally have my computer updated with a new hard drive, my game files properly sorted, and I've nearly got my new historical fantasy 'hood set up. Once again I'm using a mix of premade and custom 'hoods with interesting interconnected families, but moving everyone into subhoods that fit my new world. I've combined Emerald Heights, Pleasantview, Veronaville, Widespot, Sedona, and LGU added and everyone has been given appropriate wardrobes and moved - about half have actual homes already, a few are in temporary lots while I build them something better, and a few will have to work/earn the materials to build their own houses. I had a bit of trouble with pink flashing on Saturday, but a bit of cleanup seems to have fixed the problem and I was able to play for ages yesterday and didn't see any sign of further trouble.

One thing I did that I've not done before was resurrect most of the dead sims - I usually only resurrect a couple of them, if any. This time I want to play the near ancestors and in a couple of cases have extended families for the premade sims. The sims I kept dead had tombstones spawned for them so their ghosts can visit their descendants. Most of the sims resurrected will be living with their descendants - almost all the Pleasantview families fit that category. The exception is with Mortimer Goth's family, and the elder Bachelors and Calientes - Gunther, Cornelia, Frida, and Agnes were resurrected but moved to a retirement village along with Jocasta, Simis, Dulcina and Nestor. I connected Emerald Heights' Jhonattan to Frida Goth as her son, and I think I'll have them build their relationship a bit through visits. Agnes has a LTW to raise a wonder child, so I think I'll have her adopt, but otherwise this lot is probably going to stay elders only. The resurrected dead from Veronaville are a bit more complicated, as they are mostly adults and from two different generations. I've left the Summerdream grandparents with their family and am giving them longer lifespans as fairies and letting them into my regular rotational play, once I start that. The Capp and Monty ancestors have been split by generation and will be played separately from my rotations until their ages are more in line with the ages of their families. I did not resurrect Contessa's ancestors, but did resurrect the parents of Consort, Isabella, and Patrizzio. Those six will be living as adults and may have small families to give further branches to the Capp and Monty clans; once they die of old age, any descendants they add will go into regular rotations with their siblings or cousins. The final group of resurrected ancestors are Albany, Cornwall, Hero, and Olivia's parents. I'll play them until they reach elder, then move them into either their own homes or in with their children and grandchildren. So while I finish building homes and community lots and make a few more families for my 'hood, I have 3 households to play until their ages mesh with everyone else's, and then I will start playing my 'hood rotationally.

I also aged Cassandra, Don, Dina, and Nina to teen, cheated their marks up, and then sent them to university. I'm sticking them into the same dorm just to see what happens. The final bit of set up I want to do is get the teens who should have been sent to university already by my playstyle ready and moved to the student bin. Three of the LGU households also need to complete two more semesters before I add more students or start playing the Nerdist household (I play 3 semesters/season in the main 'hood).
Page 358 of 358