7 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#13526 Old Today at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Everything is very useful for these types of situations.

Cool, but Windoze already does that...?

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#13527 Old Today at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
The last "pick" I had was in Feb, 2018. It is on page 22, if you start scrolling through all my lots.

Back to the subject of "breaks" - breaks are needed for our sanity. That has been proven!
So, enjoy yours @Justpetro and I can't wait to see what you come up with after it.
I seem to remember talk of a contest in the works?

The contest is still in the works! I just have been busy with personal (you know how things tend to happen that you can't plan for) stuff, but I still plan to host one. There is quite a number of newer builders around, and I hope that they will take part!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13528 Old Today at 5:53 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : Today at 6:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I found I was missing the entire game!

The Sims 2 (modern game) folder was gone! OMG! I was panicked, truly panicked and desperately looking for it. I searched for it all over my computer-even the trash bin (dreaded thought). Thalia, TT, Duma Key-all gone by-by!

With mounting panic, I wondered how the hell could the entire folder disappear? What was I going to do? I have back ups, but where to start?

I almost had a mind meld over it until I looked in one place that was still there: my "medieval" game folder.

There it was. Sitting in the middle of that folder.

I was relieved but also embarrassed. How did that happen?
Yes it's that so-called "feature" of moving files by "drag and drop"! I have hated this feature ever since Microsoft introduced it in Windows 95 -- long before I started playing The Sims. I especially hated it when I was doing "support" and working on other people's computers, because I had no idea how other people might arrange their files. It was all to easy to pick up a file or a folder and drop it somewhere without knowing I'd even done it, far less where it had "landed". I never intentionally use drag and drop to move or copy files. I always use cut and paste or copy and paste. I know I can undo the last action if I know I've moved something by mistake, but often I don't know, and "Undo" is another place where I'm working blind, as Windows doesn't tell me what it's undoing. I'd love to disable this alleged "feature", but in 29 years of looking, I've never found a way to do so. Does anyone know a way to disable it?

Maybe this really belongs in the Grrr! Pet Peeves thread!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 542 of 542