Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 2:29 PM
Default Fav mod at the moment?
Whats the mod you LOVE for the sims 2?

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old Today at 2:31 PM
I have so many amazing ones but I recently started using the 3t2 traits system and it feels like I can flesh out the sims even more than before, I love it.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#3 Old Today at 2:52 PM
Piqiwi's more walkbys + Cars pass by- a tunable mod to have more sims walk by your lots, and also cars can drive past too. Somehow makes the lot seem more alive, I love to invite walkbys in to have a party!
https://modthesims.info/d/608066

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Mad Poster
#4 Old Today at 3:45 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : Today at 4:13 PM.
I'm afraid that my favourite mod is still Squinge's No More Fires, as it has been for over ten years now. It gives me total peace of mind every time my Sims go to prepare some food; I know I'm not going to watch a friend burn to death! Which, quite honestly is one of the worst things I can imagine. If something like that happened in a film I was watching, I'd simply shut my eyes till that scene was over. But The Sims is interactive: So I'd feel it was my duty to try save my friend. What I think I fear most is pulling out all the stops to try to save my Sim, and then failing. That means failing a friend whom I love, in a matter of life and death. I think that would leave me feeling devastated and empty. I've done my best but it wasn't good enough. And if my best isn't good enough, then I'm not good enough -- I'm not up to it. Maybe I don't deserve to have friends. . . ?

I know things like can happen in real life, and The Sims is life simulation. And in real life these things have to be worked through. But honestly I play The Sims for relaxation and for fun -- not to torture myself! And the chances of Sims starting a kitchen fire and burning to death are much, much higher than in real life. In real life I've burned food thousands of times. But I've never yet set the kitchen on fire -- far less burned myself to death in the ensuing conflagration.

I have lots of other mods that add to my enjoyment of the game, and most of them add to my Sims' enjoyment too. But the sheer peace of mind that No More Fires gives me makes it still my favourite! It sets me free to enjoy the game!!

[EDIT] I might try Piqiwi's more walkbys + Cars pass by mod, if it wasn't for my Sims' love of kissing each other in the middle of the road!!

Talking about kissing, another mod that adds a lot of fun to my game is BoilingOil's social Kiss Cheek. It has a very easy acceptance -- much lower than Friendly Hug. It's what makes my Sims quite so touchy feely. I don't kiss my friends every time we meet, but my Sims do, and I have to say I rather like the idea of a community where everybody kisses everybody else. It makes for real community spirit!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old Today at 4:49 PM
Community lot skilling.

I like some others too, but this is the one that changed the way I play completely.
Instructor
#6 Old Today at 5:02 PM
simler90's Romantic Standards. It has an endless feature list so I don't know 100% of its functionalities, but I know what it does in broad strokes, and it has completely changed the game for me. Romance feels much more immersive now, no more immediate love with your best friend after you flirted once, sometimes relationships just aren't meant to be. Sorry Justin, Tara only sees you as a friend.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#7 Old Today at 6:11 PM
@Yvelotic2001 I have tried many times to read that and figure out exactly what it is that the mod does, but honestly that documentation is a mess.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Mad Poster
#8 Old Today at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Yvelotic2001 I have tried many times to read that and figure out exactly what it is that the mod does, but honestly that documentation is a mess.

I have also been considering it. It does seem as if a lot of simmers honestly like it.
Test Subject
#9 Old Today at 9:40 PM
I recently discovered TwoJeffs visitor controller and for the moment, it's my favorite.
And I also need to make an honorable mention about simler90:s food mod, I really needed that pizza
Screenshots