Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#14876 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 2:40 PM Last edited by Charity : 19th Aug 2024 at 2:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthr...=34498#pid34498

I didn't see anything about feeding a baby or Dickhurt in there?

Edit: Okay, I found the thread. Turns out that BO really hates Dickhurt. :O

https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=1655
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14877 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I didn't see anything about feeding a baby or Dickhurt in there?
oh that was two separate things, and the part about the baby mod was something I was saying about my experience, not a quote from BO.

That link should've taken you to a post from BO where he said:

"There's only two or three tiny small harmless mods by dickhurt in my game, for example."

Because I've been showing progress on my sit with baby mod on tumblr, someone sent me a link to a Dickhurt mod where he tried to re-enable the same features. I downloaded it, but didn't care for it.

All I could find was BO saying he was using DH's mods.
Mad Poster
#14878 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
oh that was two separate things, and the part about the baby mod was something I was saying about my experience, not a quote from BO.

That link should've taken you to a post from BO where he said:

"There's only two or three tiny small harmless mods by dickhurt in my game, for example."

Because I've been showing progress on my sit with baby mod on tumblr, someone sent me a link to a Dickhurt mod where he tried to re-enable the same features. I downloaded it, but didn't care for it.

All I could find was BO saying he was using DH's mods.

Ah, well the link in my edit shows that he and Nix were trying to work on the sitting with baby thing and that he really hates Dickhurt for some reason.
Mad Poster
#14879 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 3:22 PM
Ah, well the link in my edit shows that he and Nix were trying to work on the sitting with baby thing and that he really hates Dickhurt for some reason.

Funny how that worked out, with the sit with baby thing both being a miscommunication and a clue to finding out how BO felt.

I'm just going to sidestep that ancient drama and say that those animations they looked at in 2011 are intact (but kind of clippy). It's just that the process of playing them isn't as straightforward as one might think.

I thought they were really broken until i realized you had to continually snap the baby into and out of various slots as the animation plays. I suppose it's not an automatic process because the interaction was left unfinished.
Mad Poster
#14880 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 11:39 PM
I guess since it's been hours, I can double post. Sit while fishing would be nice.
Mad Poster
#14881 Old Yesterday at 12:07 AM
Sitting while using the phone, too. Especially when your Sim is sick.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#14882 Old Yesterday at 7:20 AM
Quote:
No, the feature that I described exists: vampires will scare sims when they look in their coffins, and when awake they can scare sims using the "bleh" interaction. You can't just make up some random crap that I didn't say and then say that I'm wrong about something I never said.

Oh, for an instant, it almost seemed to suggest that what I said in my post actually existed... apparently it does not, though. Wouldn't it be great if Vampires and other sims could scare each other? Halloween is still a couple months off, but I was thinking of a haunted house attraction. OFB has coding against spawning ghosts on Community lots. Doesn't eliminate it entirely, but dumps ghosts in favor of living sims, making haunting much more difficult. Having sims be able to scare each other would make it easier, though I don't know that i'd want my business owner assigning sims to just scare. Although, it could be amusing... There's a significant difference between a ghost scare and a vampire "bleh"... For me, i'm not sure a vampire would be any less scary than a ghost, but while a regular person hopping out and shouting "boo!" may give you a start, it's not like seeing the dead (or undead, as it were)... No need to reiterate the rest of my earlier post...

Quote:
Sit while fishing would be nice.

I just posted something like that earlier and in another thread... though I wanted them to be able to sit in a rowboat out in a lake. I'd also like them to be able to sit while playing the guitar, particularly if they could sit on the ground around the campfire and play sing-alongs like in TS1, as a group activity.

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Prior Workshop : Slots Odyssey!!
This Workshop is a guide to adding container slots to your object! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Field Researcher
#14883 Old Yesterday at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Oh, for an instant, it almost seemed to suggest that what I said in my post actually existed... apparently it does not, though. Wouldn't it be great if Vampires and other sims could scare each other? Halloween is still a couple months off, but I was thinking of a haunted house attraction. OFB has coding against spawning ghosts on Community lots. Doesn't eliminate it entirely, but dumps ghosts in favor of living sims, making haunting much more difficult. Having sims be able to scare each other would make it easier, though I don't know that i'd want my business owner assigning sims to just scare. Although, it could be amusing... There's a significant difference between a ghost scare and a vampire "bleh"... For me, i'm not sure a vampire would be any less scary than a ghost, but while a regular person hopping out and shouting "boo!" may give you a start, it's not like seeing the dead (or undead, as it were)... No need to reiterate the rest of my earlier post...

I just posted something like that earlier and in another thread... though I wanted them to be able to sit in a rowboat out in a lake. I'd also like them to be able to sit while playing the guitar, particularly if they could sit on the ground around the campfire and play sing-alongs like in TS1, as a group activity.

-gE
>=)

Agree with you. I would like to suggest this - paranormal behavior interactions enabled when/if have maskenball party of short. Vampires can do BLEH, witches/wizards move their wands, zombies crawl,...
Mad Poster
#14884 Old Yesterday at 10:14 AM
Vampires literally can scare sims, in the two ways that I specifically mentioned. Peeking in the coffin even uses the exact same scaring animation and has the same chance of death. Not sure what else you want, exactly.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14885 Old Yesterday at 11:47 AM
I have mods that trigger more sims walking by, but it would be nice to have a mod to have more sims ring the doorbell. Always seems odd when my sim's BFF walks past, stops and deep breathes at the mailbox, but doesn't think to just knock on the door to see if anyone is in for a quick natter.
Mad Poster
#14886 Old Yesterday at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Vampires literally can scare sims, in the two ways that I specifically mentioned. Peeking in the coffin even uses the exact same scaring animation and has the same chance of death. Not sure what else you want, exactly.

Can the bleh be user directed or is it uncontrollable?
Mad Poster
#14887 Old Yesterday at 1:49 PM
I don't think it's controllable, but neither is ghost scaring.
Mad Poster
#14888 Old Yesterday at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I don't think it's controllable, but neither is ghost scaring.

Hmm, if it could be made controllable it might work.
Mad Poster
#14889 Old Yesterday at 7:13 PM
A hack that lets Sims show up in the welcome wagon even if they're supposed to be at work. A bit tired of having the same 2-3 unemployed Sims appear.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#14890 Old Yesterday at 8:15 PM
Hmm, if it could be made controllable it might work.

There's a mod to make ghosts controlable, but I haven't tried it nor do I know if the scaring part is controlable:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=628898

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Forum Resident
#14891 Old Yesterday at 8:22 PM
It was requested above, that i repost what I wanted, because apparently some people are having trouble...

Instead of typing it out again, you can revisit the post here. That way, those of you who get it can skip it. I think it's fairly clear. Not sure where the confusion lies, but i'll be happy to further explain, as necessary. Seems pretty straight-forward... Click on a sim and get the option to scare another sim, in a fashion similar to the interaction between a ghost and a living sim. Or click on a sim and direct your controllable sim to scare that target. the process is in the game already, as ghosts can scare living sims... though it's not autonomous since you can't control ghosts. The other problem is that the animations probably would be a bit different. Ghosts don't move like regular sims. I'm not sure if they scare from standing, or if they scare from hovering.

The confusion seems to be around the process... it's as if I said, "i wish my sim could walk to another lot" and being told "they can call a cab". Well sure they can. But I wish they could walk (obviously they can, now... but in the base game, that was just a wish... it was just an example). I wish my sims could scare each other... don't want to direct my sim to peek in a coffin to be scared. Not sure if witches, zombies, big foots (feet?), werewolves, aliens and ordinary sims can even use that feature on a coffin, but it's really irrelevant because that's not what I was looking for. Ghosts don't have to use coffins, do they?

Oh! One correction: "Bleh" IS controllable, if you're playing a vampire. But it's still not a "scare" like ghosts.

Not sure what else I can add to clarify it more, but I hope that's helpful. Feel free to ask, if you have questions...

-gE
>=)

This Workshop is a guide to adding container slots to your object! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Theorist
#14892 Old Yesterday at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Always seems odd when my sim's BFF walks past, stops and deep breathes at the mailbox, but doesn't think to just knock on the door to see if anyone is in for a quick natter.
Strange to think about it, but I don't bother getting off the couch if someone knocks on my door and I'm not expecting anyone. Especially if I'm at my boyfriend's. Usually, people who knock are either trying to sell us something with a ridiculous markup, or trying to charge us for the national TV fee. But if it's someone familiar that really wants to drop a spontaneous visit, they'll text me first!

Oh! One correction: "Bleh" IS controllable, if you're playing a vampire. But it's still not a "scare" like ghosts.
I can back this up, it's under "Irritate.../Bleh!"
Mad Poster
#14893 Old Yesterday at 9:33 PM Last edited by simmer22 : Yesterday at 9:51 PM.

On the subject of vampires - the "peek in coffin" interaction is a form of scare, as it can result in a death if the sim (peeker) has low enough motives (it's apparently registered as a separate death from low motives AND scare/ghost scare, but I'd say if it's scary enough to make a sim die, it's a scare. I think most sims also act afraid if there's a vampire in the coffin, but it's been a while since I played around with vampires so I don't remember very well).

Found these:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dixb8lNjy0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKmA5-TDELU

Whether the "Bleh!" interaction is a scare, I don't know.

From this video it looks like the non-vampire sim gets afraid/worried, and runs away, while other vampires will "bleh!" back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa_JTFXNzXw

Ghosts don't move like regular sims. I'm not sure if they scare from standing, or if they scare from hovering.

Don't they go invisible for a moment, then jump out and scare the sim directly in front of their face, like in the videos below?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=Vqq6N7xVICE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoNzqf0zvx4
Mad Poster
#14894 Old Yesterday at 9:49 PM
I'd personally say that "Bleh" is an annoying nuisance and nonsense. It should not have been put into the mouth of any self-respecting vampire.
Can you imagine the original Count Dracula (Bela Lugosi) saying that?

What an insult!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14895 Old Yesterday at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'd personally say that "Bleh" is an annoying nuisance and nonsense. It should not have been put into the mouth of any self-respecting vampire.

Should have been Ooooooooooooh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMQ8qSEVFo0
Mad Poster
#14896 Old Yesterday at 10:29 PM
The "Blah!" probably was inspired by various older movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62RcHZuS4Q

Then there's Hotel Transylvania
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loZWpz_Vd2A
(came out after TS2, but still)
Forum Resident
#14897 Old Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
On the subject of vampires - the "peek in coffin" interaction is a form of scare, as it can result in a death if the sim (peeker) has low enough motives (it's apparently registered as a separate death from low motives AND scare/ghost scare, but I'd say if it's scary enough to make a sim die, it's a scare. I think most sims also act afraid if there's a vampire in the coffin, but it's been a while since I played around with vampires so I don't remember very well).

While I understand what you're saying, it just isn't the same thing I was suggesting, when I described my idea. A vampire doesn't lure a sim to a coffin and scare them. The sim has to be controlled and told to click on the coffin and select the action. the victim is the active. I have no idea if it works if a non-vampire sim is in the coffin. To be honest, i'd probably get pretty startled if ANYONE popped out of a coffin. haha... But in my scenario, almost any sim would be able to choose to scare another sim. It would be the active sim who perpetrated the fright on an unsuspecting other sim, and it wouldn't require another object to make it happen. We've got that creeping walk that sims do when they sneak out or a burglar arrives... they could creep up like that, or hide behind an object or something. I mean it's not like you'd be able to talk, talk, joke, joke, joke, joke, hug, kiss, kiss, make out, woohoo, scare. They know you're there. hahaha

Quote:
Don't [ghosts] go invisible for a moment, then jump out and scare the sim directly in front of their face, like in the videos below?

What I couldn't remember is if they did it from a standing sim position, in which case, the animations would likely be transferrable to any sim; or if they did it from that floating ghost position, in which case the anims are probably damn near worthless for a non-ghost sim. Appreciate the videos, and the feedback. they show that the ghosts are sorta floating when they scare, which makes things harder.

-gE
>=)

Mad Poster
#14898 Old Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
I can back this up, it's under "Irritate.../Bleh!"

I once brought a vampire and a werewolf Downtown and had them do their things. The lot ended up flooded with pee puddles.

Field Researcher
#14899 Old Today at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The "Blah!" probably was inspired by various older movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62RcHZuS4Q

Then there's Hotel Transylvania
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loZWpz_Vd2A
(came out after TS2, but still)

Some things never die. :D
Page 596 of 596