Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 4:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default When I click my sims, an option called "clean up" appears two times.
Clicking on it doesn't do anything. Should I be worried? And no, it didn't appear after I boot the game. It appeared after leaving the Magic world after 2 hours of playing.
Screenshots

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 12:20 AM
If you use mods of any kind that change the pie menu, it's likely a pie menu piece that hasn't been properly removed or translated.

As long as it doesn't do anything, and you're not getting any errors/jump bugs, it's probably nothing to worry about. If it doesn't bother you, just leave it alone. If it does bother you, do a round of 50/50 (Backup hoods first!!!) to see if the option disappears.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you use mods of any kind that change the pie menu, it's likely a pie menu piece that hasn't been properly removed or translated.

As long as it doesn't do anything, and you're not getting any errors/jump bugs, it's probably nothing to worry about. If it doesn't bother you, just leave it alone. If it does bother you, do a round of 50/50 (Backup hoods first!!!) to see if the option disappears.

Thanks. Is it a symptom of corruption? I clicked it and the powered-off servo woke up to clean. Unrelated to the post, does having a want that says "unnamed" a symptom of corruption? Please see my attached image
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 3:14 PM
It means you've got mods affecting the pie menu in the first instance and that a text string is missing from a want in the second instance. The missing text string is a problem with a couple of things from M&G which never got fixed. Buy a solar panel and it'll probably fill. As for the clean up option - go through the documentation on your mods. You may have two versions of one mod or something like that.

No corruption here. Relax.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It means you've got mods affecting the pie menu in the first instance and that a text string is missing from a want in the second instance. The missing text string is a problem with a couple of things from M&G which never got fixed. Buy a solar panel and it'll probably fill. As for the clean up option - go through the documentation on your mods. You may have two versions of one mod or something like that.

No corruption here. Relax.

Thank you very much. By the way, nice to see you both here again. I saw you before back in 2017 and you answer a lot of these threads. Good to know that you're still around 7 years later.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 9:38 PM
The unnamed want is from you using the mod that changes the amount of wanted things that wasn't updated for M&G.