2 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13501 Old Today at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Wow, you have a lot of townies. But then I have the no townie spawning hacks, so I have no idea how many naturally spawn.
Well, Maxis Veronaville came with 30 townies, and Downtown with about 50 Downtownies. I have Tarlia's version of Bluewater. It didn't have all the Maxis Bluewater townies but had about 18 of them. So that means I had about 98 Maxis townies -- just short of a hundred. However quite a few of those have become playables over the years. A quick check in SimPE says that I've made 18 Downtownies and Veronaville townies into playables. I think all my Bluewater townies are still townies. So that leaves about 80 Maxis townies in our Veronaville. So where did all the rest come from? One was generated by the townie tree: a female teen called Sienna McGonagall. (She shares her surname with the [in]famous Scottish poet William McGonagall, and also with a character in Harry Potter.) All the rest -- over a hundred -- I made in CAS. I generally start off with a Sim generated by the randomizer, but then usually tweak them to make sure they're unique. As I'm sure you've noticed, I then generally dress them in sexy clothes, since that's what most modern Veronavillians wear. (It's a centre of the avant garde fashion business, developed recently out of centuries of textiles trade and manufacture.) It's also worth mentioning that some seven or eight of my CAS townies have gone on to become playable. This includes Carla Cameron and her teenage son Dean Cameron. Carla recently married Bianca Monty to become Carla Monty.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm also surprised that you have so many adults. From your stories I'd have imagined Veronaville as 75% teens lol.
I can understand why you'd think that! I think I likely spend 75 to 80% of my Simming time playing teens, while leaving the adults to do what they're best at -- earning the money that my teens need to buy the things they want! In general I think I just find teens more fun to play! Never having got married, have kids, or even been in a proper relationship, I suspect in many ways I still think like a teen. And I do spend an inordinate amount of time playing (and posting about) a certain computer video game! Now that my mother is no longer here to order me to bed, I'm often playing long after midnight. So I apologise for my lack of maturity -- even Andrew thinks that I'm immature!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13502 Old Today at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I can understand why you'd think that! I think I likely spend 75 to 80% of my Simming time playing teens, while leaving the adults to do what they're best at -- earning the money that my teens need to buy the things they want!

I am officially offended on behalf of your sim adults lol!
Page 541 of 541