Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#11576 Old 30th Sep 2024 at 2:33 AM
When a downtownie calls to invite a family member, he sometimes doesn't get deleted. He appears inside the house, near the door, phone or the family member. One of these things. He is inside and begins visiting as a surprise. I might invite him to a date, after having that other date downtown scheduled too. And then bad things happen after going to a community lot. I think both dates end badly.

The downtownie call is a bit different and really short.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#11577 Old 2nd Oct 2024 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
When a downtownie calls to invite a family member, he sometimes doesn't get deleted. He appears inside the house, near the door, phone or the family member.

So that is why men appear inside Nina Calientes apartment randomly!
Forum Resident
#11578 Old 2nd Oct 2024 at 4:10 PM
The Novellas Nouveau bookcase doesn't have a "Read to..." children option. That's annoying.
Forum Resident
#11579 Old Yesterday at 4:16 AM
Another reading discovery- reading a cooking book rapidly decreases the hunger bar.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11580 Old Yesterday at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Another reading discovery- reading a cooking book rapidly decreases the hunger bar.

I can buy that. XD Drooling over the pictures makes you hungry for the food.
Mad Poster
#11581 Old Yesterday at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I can buy that. XD Drooling over the pictures makes you hungry for the food.

When the Sims make chocolate cake, I make one too
Mad Poster
#11582 Old Yesterday at 6:20 PM Last edited by FranH : Today at 2:41 AM.
That a mod that I recently downloaded makes the 'life insurance' payout a thing of the past because the death happens so fast that there is no payout.

It's called "No Grim Reaper" and it's on here: https://modthesims.info/d/681014/no...rim-reaper.html

I'm finding that it's useful, because now pixels can't count on money from their elder's deaths at all. (yes, I know there's a mod to eliminate it completely, I might download it later..) but also from premature deaths as well. (I have that mod.)

I guess they'll have to pull themselves up by the bootstraps huh?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#11583 Old Today at 7:19 AM
Whether the payout happens has nothing to do with how long death takes, this kind of operation could happen while the game is paused. If it prevents life insurance, it's because it edited a call to the life insurance code out of it. Since this isn't an advertised feature of the mod, it might be bug, if it's having that effect. The life insurance was never paid out for non-old-age deaths at all, by the way.
Mad Poster
#11584 Old Today at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Whether the payout happens has nothing to do with how long death takes, this kind of operation could happen while the game is paused. If it prevents life insurance, it's because it edited a call to the life insurance code out of it. Since this isn't an advertised feature of the mod, it might be bug, if it's having that effect. The life insurance was never paid out for non-old-age deaths at all, by the way.

It is a mod by Dick Hurt and while I don't mind the 'non-payment' feature actually, (pixels don't need more money!) I'm also quite aware of the fact that there was no natural 'non-elder' pay out because I had Monique's mod to do so.

I put it in mostly because in Tinsel Town everyone is loaded to the gills with money that they have no earthly use for and rarely do anyway, so by eliminating one of the game features they're just going to have to work harder! It's like real life in that way. Not everyone has relatives that have life insurance that pays out when they die.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#11585 Old Today at 8:10 AM
Yes, the df_no_inheritance_after_elder_dies mod stops the life insurance payout, that's the purpose of the mod. I'm saying that if the mod you linked (which is a different mod) has that effect, it might be a bug in that mod, since that isn't listed as a feature of the mod.
Mad Poster
#11586 Old Today at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'm finding that it's useful, because now pixels can't count on money from their elder's deaths at all. (yes, I know there's a mod to eliminate it completely, I might download it later..) but also from premature deaths as well. (I have that mod.)

I guess they'll have to pull themselves up by the bootstraps huh?

Sims die so rarely in my game that anyone relying on life insurance payouts would be penniless and homeless lol.

I am confused, though. You have dickhurt's mod that removes the payout, but you thought that this other mod was the one removing the payout? And you also have Monique's mod that extends the payout to non elder deaths, but you don't want the payout anyway ...
Instructor
#11587 Old Today at 12:09 PM
If your microwave oven is not on the counter(I mean, like you put it on some custom shelf that has appliance slots), and it is on fire, it can be glitched in some way. No firefighter can put out the fire(they just kept coming and going because alarm was still beeping), so I used moveobject cheat to move fire itself to outside. Even if fire was gone, microwave oven look like it's still burning and I don't know what to do with it, I quit without saving.
Mad Poster
#11588 Old Today at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
If your microwave oven is not on the counter(I mean, like you put it on some custom shelf that has appliance slots), and it is on fire, it can be glitched in some way. No firefighter can put out the fire(they just kept coming and going because alarm was still beeping), so I used moveobject cheat to move fire itself to outside. Even if fire was gone, microwave oven look like it's still burning and I don't know what to do with it, I quit without saving.

With Moveobject, I think the fire object can be deleted. If it happens again, just replace the microwave oven (delete, buy new, make sure it's accessible).

In my opinion, the sprinkler has several advantages over the fire alarm, since it puts out the fire and doesn't call the fire brigade, especially for hard-to-reach items. Stops the endless loop of "can't reach the fire" and just deals with the problem. Might cause a wet patch that needs mopping up, but that's really the only downside. I always use them in the kitchens, living room (fireplaces/christmas tree), and around other potential fire hazards. Even considered using them around hot tubs (to avoid sims spontaneously combusting from overheating - had that happen once or twice).
Page 464 of 464