Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 14th Jul 2024 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
And I'm saying that using bad beds has no effect at all on the thing you mentioned, so it's not in fact a reason to use bad beds.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 15th Jul 2024 at 11:08 PM
This morning (well it's morning in downtown Veronaville, even though it's evening in Scotland) young Kevin North woke and left at twenty past six, so that, when his older gay lover, Micah Vincent, woke up a few minutes later, the space beside him in his bed was empty. Kevin had agreed to stay the night, so I was a little surprised at him being in such a hurry to leave in the morning. I wonder if the real reason was that he was disappointed that Micah only has a Cheap Eazzzzze Morrisey Double Bed. Micah says, "I'll buy a better bed when I can afford one. Right now this is the only double bed I can afford. It cost me all of 450 Simoleons." They didn't have woohoo, so that may be another reason for Kevin's disappointment. Actually shortage of money is the main reason why quite a few of my Sims still sleep in cheap beds.

To go back to the original subject of this thread, the most interesting non-OFB business in my game is Jones & Moltke (Veronaville) Construction Ltd., the building firm run my Andrew and Julian for the best part of ten years now. Usually it's just called "Jones & Moltke". This was originally created for d_dgjdhh's Monopoly Game Town Contest in 2015-2016. Having the construction firm run by two of my favourite Sims considerably enhanced my enjoyment of that contest. I felt I was employed as the firm's architect. I had to have many meetings with Andrew, the company's Managing Director, and the experience brought him and me closer together. He was effectively my boss! I liked him as an employer -- I found him firm but fair. Andrew doesn't suffer fools gladly, and he could get annoyed at some of my mistakes, but on the whole we got on well together. At the end of the contest I divided the firm's closing balance equally between the two Directors, Andrew and Julian, turning the two boys into two of the richest Sims in Veronaville. Since then the firm has continued to build new houses, mainly in Monopolis, as we have renamed Monopoly Game Town. Many of the houses we build now are in the firm's trademark "Veronavillesque" style. Basically they are modern houses with traditional mock Tudor facades. And a lot of the Sims I keep making in CAS now live in these houses, and on the whole, most of them seem happy in them. In building these houses we work closely with Milburn Pennybags, the financier behind Monopolis, and his chief planner Val Briggs, and chief cashier Lore Yitzek, all of whom we got to know during the contest. They all live in Monopolis now. Lore is still single, but Val Briggs has a wife and family (including a new baby called Jacob). All told that contest has left a lasting and significant effect on our Veronaville. Because there is a lot of land available for new-build houses in Monopolis, many new arrivals in the Greater Veronaville conurbation end up living there in Jones & Moltke houses. Jones & Moltke maintain a site office in Monopolis. It was originally built for the contest; Mallory Mace and Keith Cormier (originally Veronaville townies) live in a flat in the office, as Jones & Moltke's permanent reps in Monopolis. Like Andrew and Julian themselves, Keith and Mallory are still teens. Our Veronaville is a young place!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 2 of 2