Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3226 Old 26th May 2026 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Big Woe Fantastic, isn't it? And how great that someone was able to attempt this project as a dissertation!


I been running this past week. On top of not flashing pink, NO CRASHES. Even swap in and out of multiple househiolds.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#3227 Old 1st Jun 2026 at 2:36 PM
From Reddit:

Quote:
Here's a helpful extension for making using the Wayback Machine simple:

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fi...w-page-archive/
Chrome: https://chromewebstore.google.com/d...chdafcnao?pli=1
Edge: https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com...nahfdjgdcdekhda

You simply right click on a link, go down to "Web Archives", and click on Wayback Machine. If you find a SFS link and click on it while on a wayback page, you can simply delete the stuff before the SFS URL and it will go directly to that download page.

I know this is a big pain, but the Sims 2 is an old game and CC downloading will require some extra legwork.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Inventor
#3228 Old 1st Jun 2026 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I been running this past week. On top of not flashing pink, NO CRASHES. Even swap in and out of multiple househiolds.

Same! I have had some crashes, but they've been in apartment lots so that's not surprising. No problems anywhere else though and no pink soup!
Mad Poster
#3229 Old 4th Jun 2026 at 10:31 PM
https://pforestsims.tumblr.com/post...-bottle-default

TS2 Perfume Display and Bottle - default with recolours (also non-default if prefer)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
On my ship The Rocinante
retired moderator
#3230 Old 8th Jul 2026 at 12:48 AM
Spokthewok is making more fixes and improvements to the game!

Since the pink soup fix there have been several more:
https://github.com/spockthewok

Remember the beta pictures that promised shiny floors?


Now you can have them!
https://github.com/spockthewok/TS2BetaFloors
Some of the marble floors are especially beautiful now.
Screenshots
Instructor
#3231 Old 29th Jul 2026 at 3:54 AM
I feel like TeaAddict reached into my mind and made all my dreams come true in the GoS Christmas in July event. I've been building community lots that need signs - Tea made a Simlish alphabet of signs repositoried to the SimGreek letters, but smaller! (Also available in a version repositoried to Buggybooz Niches instead.)



And I always want more garden plants, especially groundcovers, so these Maxis plant addons are right up my alley!

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3232 Old 29th Jul 2026 at 5:54 PM
I spent way too long thinking, I really can't read Simlish, before realising that was just supposed to be a display of all the letters and not a word.
Inventor
#3233 Old 30th Jul 2026 at 12:00 AM
Finally my elders can do couples poses on the household loading screens!

https://github.com/spockthewok/TS2MiniMods
Forum Resident
#3234 Old 4th Aug 2026 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
Finally my elders can do couples poses on the household loading screens!

https://github.com/spockthewok/TS2MiniMods


I really want that mod, but my anti-virus is convinced that it's infected with something. You haven't had any issues with it, have you?
Mad Poster
#3235 Old 9th Aug 2026 at 12:47 AM
Default alphabet could be a word
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I spent way too long thinking, I really can't read Simlish, before realising that was just supposed to be a display of all the letters and not a word.

Have a friend who named her daughter "Abcidie" but spelled
ABCDE

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
On my ship The Rocinante
retired moderator
#3236 Old 9th Aug 2026 at 11:44 AM
Spockthewok has more great stuff- Neighbourhood effects visible in the lot!
https://github.com/spockthewok/TS2VisibleHoodFX

I don't think it's compatible with this lovely mod, which improves the hood shaders:
https://christaskyy.tumblr.com/post...mproved-shaders
Test Subject
#3237 Old 9th Aug 2026 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Spockthewok has more great stuff- Neighbourhood effects visible in the lot!
https://github.com/spockthewok/TS2VisibleHoodFX

I don't think it's compatible with this lovely mod, which improves the hood shaders:
https://christaskyy.tumblr.com/post...mproved-shaders


It's only the decal effects (i.e. farm fields, wild flowers etc.) that won't be visible with Christaskyy's shaders, because they get covered by the lot skirt - all the other effects will work fine

He's already fixed the decal shaders so they appear correctly with his mod, not sure when he's next planning to release an update though!
Mad Poster
#3238 Old 9th Aug 2026 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Have a friend who named her daughter "Abcidie" but spelled
ABCDE


I hope this was a sim child and not a real child.
On my ship The Rocinante
retired moderator
#3239 Old 9th Aug 2026 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spockthewok
It's only the decal effects (i.e. farm fields, wild flowers etc.) that won't be visible with Christaskyy's shaders, because they get covered by the lot skirt - all the other effects will work fine

He's already fixed the decal shaders so they appear correctly with his mod, not sure when he's next planning to release an update though!

Thanks for the info- I really appreciate the mods you are releasing, I especially love the beta floors, which I've been using in a lot of my sim houses!!
Mad Poster
#3240 Old 9th Aug 2026 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I hope this was a sim child and not a real child.

hha This is RL

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#3241 Old 10th Aug 2026 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
hha This is RL


That poor child then.
Instructor
#3242 Old 14th Aug 2026 at 4:58 AM
There are a few pieces of furniture in the game that are just too weird to use in my game. Here's one chair I never use, the Apartment Life Heavy Metal chair, replaced with a beautifully grungy diner chair by Somedaythesun. Also available as custom for those who like the originals.



Somedaythesun also made defaults for the undersea furniture and an edit of the AL Tech fence.
Screenshots
Link Ninja
#3243 Old 14th Aug 2026 at 4:19 PM Last edited by Charmful : 15th Aug 2026 at 5:08 AM.
Function rooms! Pay to enter rooms! This mod is so cool and so versatile! TeaAddict is cleaning out her WIP folder and serving up cool mods! I helped her test this Clickity Money Switch 2.0 to get it out the door and had a lot of fun!

I currently use it for renting Karaoke Rooms, faux hotels in non-vacation subhoods, and I set up several party rooms and wedding reception rooms around my hood places to use it. I even have a rockstar sim that owns a 'jam session' shed community lot and sims just pay to enter and listen to him perform, like elevated busking.
Screenshots

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#3244 Old 15th Aug 2026 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
I really want that mod, but my anti-virus is convinced that it's infected with something. You haven't had any issues with it, have you?

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town. No, I haven't had any issues with it. I didn't have trouble downloading it either.
Field Researcher
#3245 Old 10th Sep 2026 at 8:58 PM
Simsrenalp96 on tumblr made a really cool functional cat exercise wheel ! This is perfect for my apartment dwelling families with pets.
Lab Assistant
#3246 Old 2nd Oct 2026 at 1:47 PM
New UI mod that lets you choose whether you want a baby boy or girl without saving, exiting, and reloading.

No more gender surprise

Note: It only requires the RPC Launcher, and you’ll need to move the .asi file to \TSBin\mods.

I'm a Sims 2 addict. I can spend hours playing the game and I'm always finding new things to do.
Test Subject
#3247 Old Yesterday at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synergy
This is not my find, but ivycopur posted on tumblr about the new terrain and road editing tools in the latest update to Chris Hatch's SimPE. You can access the tools by opening your neighborhood in SimPE and then going to Neighborhood Terrain Geometry under the Resource Tree. I've only started playing around with the road editing tools so far, but they're amazing - easily add or delete roads and intersections in any of your neighborhoods without requiring Hood Replace or needing a SC4 file of your hood. You can also put roads anywhere, such as having two parallel roads without any space between (here's one example from JodelieJodelie's tumblr). There are so many possibilities now.


I'm just catching up on the forum now but this is amazing!!!! Since the game came out I wanted to adjust the roads (and terrain levels) in my neighbourhood. Just two questions:
- is it possible to adjust my current active neighbourhood that I've just filled with lots of downloaded lots?
and
- can I have both Chris' SimPE and the regular one installed? I have a SimPE copy since the dark ages, I checked my folder and it's apparently version 72_01.
On my ship The Rocinante
retired moderator
#3248 Old Yesterday at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoyaJoelle
I'm just catching up on the forum now but this is amazing!!!! Since the game came out I wanted to adjust the roads (and terrain levels) in my neighbourhood. Just two questions:
- is it possible to adjust my current active neighbourhood that I've just filled with lots of downloaded lots?

Yes! Just backup your neighbourhood before you attempt anything.

Quote: Originally posted by JoyaJoelle
- can I have both Chris' SimPE and the regular one installed? I have a SimPE copy since the dark ages, I checked my folder and it's apparently version 72_01.

Yes! Just install other versions to a different folder. This is my 'Games' folder where I install all my Sims stuff:



I currently have three different versions installed.
Screenshots
Page 130 of 130
Back to top