Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#2676 Old 20th Sep 2026 at 3:49 PM
What I have found interesting is that Paralives and InZOI have increased the TS4 player count. By that, I mean that TS4 got a lot of new players because of Paralives and InZOI.

This could actually be true, but it is kind of false information at the same time. TS4 has a ton of DLCs and features, but Paralives, for example, has better customization. It realls shows how people, sadly, don't care about the buyout (or maybe they do not know). It also shows how Paralives has a long way to go...

The insider also said that Life and Death, and Business and Hobbies, sold really well. EA thinks now that those sold well because they introduced new mechanics that were engaging to players. Those two packs also incite players to buy other packs!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2677 Old 20th Sep 2026 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
The insider also said that Life and Death, and Business and Hobbies, sold really well. EA thinks now that those sold well because they introduced new mechanics that were engaging to players. Those two packs also incite players to buy other packs!

I feel like the business system is the thing that gives *anything* going. Open for Business was my favorite pack, because you could aimulate any kind of shops, and when I think about getting a third pack (the buyout is the thing that holds me for any further purchases), I would get B&H just for having worthwhile gameplay (with how TS4 is subpar, I could give any less craps about farm animals, seasons etc.) because it doesn’t hold anything revolutionary to the mundane life, as most thinga are just digital objects and animation reskin as activities. Maybe For Rent would also spark my interest if it weren’t for infamous bug.

As for Life & Death, they probably delivered well as by request (that same couldn’t be said about Eco Living or My Wedding Stories as a new party event).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#2678 Old 28th Sep 2026 at 9:44 PM
EA's Sugar Daddy Is Running Out of Money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY_F_6WrLT4

There is a lot of background stuff explained in this video. It all comes together in the end.

Anyway, the honeymoon isn't over yet for PIF and EA but the tea leaves are not looking so great. Nobody saw this coming, right? SMH
Mad Poster
#2679 Old 30th Sep 2026 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I feel like the business system is the thing that gives *anything* going. Open for Business was my favorite pack, because you could aimulate any kind of shops, and when I think about getting a third pack (the buyout is the thing that holds me for any further purchases), I would get B&H just for having worthwhile gameplay (with how TS4 is subpar, I could give any less craps about farm animals, seasons etc.) because it doesn’t hold anything revolutionary to the mundane life, as most thinga are just digital objects and animation reskin as activities. Maybe For Rent would also spark my interest if it weren’t for infamous bug.

As for Life & Death, they probably delivered well as by request (that same couldn’t be said about Eco Living or My Wedding Stories as a new party event).


Open For Business is absolutely a top 2 expansion pack. It’s great alone (if you like businesses) but gets so much better the make you add to it.

Businesses and Hobbies is much the same, although it’s just fine alone but gets significantly better the more you add to it. The pack relies entirely on the base game content with the addition of pottery, tattooing, and candy making to sell it. That being said, it’s STILL a top expansion pack in 4.

The biggest issue with the pack is the lack of content and integration across 4 as a whole. Sure, you can own a nightclub, but why can’t I pick the drinks on the menu? Why do I have to hide a vendor to serve specific kinds of food at my venue? Why can’t I add a restaurant to my venue? Why can I have apartments over my shop?
Instructor
#2680 Old 30th Sep 2026 at 8:53 AM
Matt Brown returns to Maxis to develop Project X...

Matt worked on much of TS2 and TS3 basegame, so he is very experienced. He worked on a lot of TS2 systems, such as genetics and behaviour.

This doesn't have to mean anything and I won't buy Project X, but it is surely interesting to see some of the so-called gurus coming back.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2681 Old 1st Oct 2026 at 12:59 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 1st Oct 2026 at 1:10 AM.
I do wonder how long will it be till EA again lays off employees.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Open For Business is absolutely a top 2 expansion pack. It’s great alone (if you like businesses) but gets so much better the make you add to it.

Businesses and Hobbies is much the same, although it’s just fine alone but gets significantly better the more you add to it. The pack relies entirely on the base game content with the addition of pottery, tattooing, and candy making to sell it. That being said, it’s STILL a top expansion pack in 4.

The biggest issue with the pack is the lack of content and integration across 4 as a whole. Sure, you can own a nightclub, but why can’t I pick the drinks on the menu? Why do I have to hide a vendor to serve specific kinds of food at my venue? Why can’t I add a restaurant to my venue? Why can I have apartments over my shop?

I feel like having such controllers in the game is what makes it shine and stand out. That’s what made Club System in Get Together so cool and appraised. It allows for creativity and power over the Sims AI and autonomy. And modders try to expan; on the game by adding controllers that manipulates the Sims autonomy to their advantage.

It makes sense as to why people like packs such as Dine Out, For Rent and Business & Hobbies. They have one thing in common, as that is management of forcing Sims to use their skills and consciousness/intelligent to make stuff for other sims, the player or make money. The Sims 2 was made smartly that most packs were like OFB friendly (create sewing and pottery salons, car-restoration dealerships, witch could make craftables in bulks, etc)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#2682 Old 2nd Oct 2026 at 12:05 PM
OFB was absolute genius and enhances the life simulation of the game greatly. It does on one pack what Maxis struggled to do in multiple.

It still grinds my gears that both B&H and AW don’t allow Sims to man food stalls and sell food from them. Sims also don’t buy food from many stall if you give them the Eat activity.

The game is designed like it hates you, and itself.
Alchemist
#2683 Old 3rd Oct 2026 at 6:49 PM
Some people *cough* lilsimsie *cough* never learn.

The Sims Hub: First AI Powered Features coming to The Sims 4

https://simscommunity.info/2024/09/...ub-ai-features/

Youtube is owned by Google which runs on AI.
Monetized YouTube channels take a 30% cut which goes back to Google so they can improve their AI models.
All of social media is run by AI.
Twitch which is owned by Amazon which runs on AI.
Photoshop / Canva run on AI.
Most search engines run on AI. As far as I know, startpage is the only one where AI can be shut off.

I'm a little confused by all the noise about how people don't f- with AI when they do so everyday; they just don't talk about it.
Mad Poster
#2684 Old 5th Oct 2026 at 3:59 PM
Just chiming in to say The Sims 4 missed a MASSIVE opportunity by not using the multiple "Paint On Sim" abilities for make make up (not just tattoos, Businesses and Hobbies... it's literally the same exact functionality with different masks), but also... for CLOTHES to sell as well. You know, like the wildly successful game, Dressmaker. Drop the makeover stuff pack now, Maxis. No one wants Rene anyway.

That would have been great for furniture, too. Oh well!
Mad Poster
#2685 Old 5th Oct 2026 at 6:36 PM Last edited by Yinepu : 5th Oct 2026 at 6:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Just chiming in to say The Sims 4 missed a MASSIVE opportunity by not using the multiple "Paint On Sim" abilities for make make up (not just tattoos, Businesses and Hobbies... it's literally the same exact functionality with different masks), but also... for CLOTHES to sell as well. You know, like the wildly successful game, Dressmaker. Drop the makeover stuff pack now, Maxis. No one wants Rene anyway.

That would have been great for furniture, too. Oh well!

OR they should've just gave us an advanced Create-A-Style 2.0 from launch day, one that not only allows recoloring but would have also allowed for apply/changing of decals/stencils too. Nah, instead they just shoe-horn in to the game a half-realized idea as they've been doing since 2014.

Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I'm a little confused by all the noise about how people don't f- with AI when they do so everyday; they just don't talk about it.

Wait until an AI data center threatens your town's primary water source, and your individual water rights. You'll change tune then.

Previously known as HarVee. Just call me Yin from now on.

Alchemist
#2686 Old 5th Oct 2026 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yinepu

Wait until an AI data center threatens your town's primary water source, and your individual water rights. You'll change tune then.


You seem to have missed the point, but okay.

I already have something similar in my backyard. Instead of a data center, I have acres of battery storage via the electric company so people can charge their cars and shit while I get zero benefit from it. All the electricity goes elsewhere so if the power goes out I'd be SOL until the power came back on if we didn't have a generator.

I don't want to hear about data centers while I'm paying more in taxes to charge other peoples crap and we have well water. Nobody seems concerned about that while charging their Teslas and bullshit. Never mind that I'm also paying a charge for said electric vehicles every month and we don't even own one.

I will AI slop until the cows come home. The difference between Lilsimsie and I is I'm honest about it. She has fully monetized use of AI via YouTube, Amazon, plus whatever she makes money on, on social media. Mark Zuckerberg can't get enough AI. Does this sound like somebody that cares about water supplies? I already know what the answer is as she is still very much in the business of promoting AI. The dress making game that she currently loves to brag about along with Vixella and the rest of them, runs on AI.

The joys of being a influencer. They can yap from both ends and never held accountable for their bullshit.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2687 Old Yesterday at 7:58 AM
I do wonder (genuinely) where do people get this idea it takes away water. Paint me confuse, but I never seen on TV or headlines that all we know we’re experiencing a water scarcity/drought? Then again, this question just will digress from the main topic if I asked just for that.

Anywho, that should be concerning as the fact we play a video game that is owned by a country who executes and kills queers. It is notorious as it gets.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#2688 Old Yesterday at 10:35 AM
It is one of those things where it is rules for thee, but not for me. People can spend 10-plus hours doom scrolling on TikTok which runs on AI, but don't dare use AI to create a picture of humming bird which are not copyrighted; they're birds.

In my situation, only people that are dumb as rocks buy electric cars in my neck of the woods. Once the temp drops below 30 degrees, suddenly there is endless screaming about how peoples cars either won't charge at all, or they won't hold a charge. Then to keep things even more interesting, the salt that is used on the icy roads if not careful, a person's car can blow up because water, salt and the batteries used in electric cars do not mix.

Picture of humming bird / car blows up, who needs perspective.

To bring this back to TS4, it will be interesting to see how many people stop playing TS4 when EA goes full AI like Krafton did with Inzoi. Since people have become comfy with the sale of EA to PIF, I'm going to guess it won't matter because as I said above, rules for thee, not for me. I don't mean me physically as I don't play TS4. My AI slop takes less than a minute. I don't sit in front of any video game for a hours at a time.
On my ship The Rocinante
retired moderator
#2689 Old Yesterday at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I do wonder (genuinely) where do people get this idea it takes away water.

Well that bit is true- (article from engineering company that installs AI infrastructure):
https://gpusmith.com/articles/en/ho...ata-centers-use
Page 108 of 108
Back to top