Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 2:58 AM
CAW world won't show up in my game if I already exported it into my game before (even after deleting V1 of the world)
When I export a world in CAW > put the exported Sims3Pack into my 'Downloads' folder > open the launcher and install it: everything works perfectly and I can then see the world in game. Great! But then if I want to make changes to this world I run into the issue here.
I delete the world I made from my game to install the new version, since of course the game won't want duplicates of worlds. I delete it from the launcher > go into 'exports' and delete if it's still there > manually delete it from the 'downloads' and 'InstalledWorlds' folders > I even clear DCBackup cache and regular cache in the sims 3 folder. Then, I go back to CAW, make my changes to the world, and want to re-export it. I save the world > export > and download that new Sims3Pack into my game, but the world never shows up in my world options, nor does the .world file show up in 'InstalledWorlds'.

EIG through CAW
Yes I can just use EIG through CAW instead of fully exporting it to my game, but I still want to solve this issue because how it stands now: if I export a world thinking I'm finished with it but want to make changes in the future I'll never be able to.

It's like the game only lets me export a world once and after that it refuses to show up in my game. I've spent hours trying to fix this, searched tons of forums, and nothing has worked. Here are some things I've tried already:

- Clearing DCbackup cache and regular cache before installing the second version of the world
- Sending the world to someone else, them sending me the CAW files back and trying to export it that way
- Only deleting the version 1 world from the launcher
- Deleting all traces of the version 1 world from 'IntalledWorlds', 'Downloads' and 'Exports'
- Saving the world in CAW with 'save as' instead of 'save' as a new name before exporting it again

TS3 Version: 1.69.43.024017
CAW Version: 0.2.0.31
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 1:41 PM
Uninstalling all previous versions is the right thing to do. If that alone doesn't help, you need to change the world ID (mind, savegames won't work with the new version anymore).

Each world has a unique ID which is assigned by CAW and cannot be edited directly by you. So if you make a new version of your world and install it, it will conflict with the previous version (if you have that installed, too). This could lead to a savegame not working properly anymore, or weird glitches, or no loading at all.

In order to avoid that you can easily delete the world ID and force CAW to create a new, unique one. For this, close your world and back up the world-file! I never had any problems, but just in case. Then open your world in S3PE and find the resource file with the tag WPID. Delete this resource and save (just save, do not save as). Close s3pe.
You won’t notice any difference but next time you save your world in CAW, CAW will generate a new WPID resource. And that’s it.

This is also helpful if you enter the testing phase for your world. Especially if you want to compare versions or just try things out you can have several versions of your world installed at the same time.

Also, it's much easier to convert the exported sims3pack into a package file again using Multi Installer, just rename the file extension of the package to .world. This way you can plop it in your worlds folder in the installation path (where Sunset Valley also is stored). If you are done, you just delete the file from there and it's "uninstalled".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Uninstalling all previous versions is the right thing to do. If that alone doesn't help, you need to change the world ID (mind, savegames won't work with the new version anymore).

Each world has a unique ID which is assigned by CAW and cannot be edited directly by you. So if you make a new version of your world and install it, it will conflict with the previous version (if you have that installed, too). This could lead to a savegame not working properly anymore, or weird glitches, or no loading at all.

In order to avoid that you can easily delete the world ID and force CAW to create a new, unique one. For this, close your world and back up the world-file! I never had any problems, but just in case. Then open your world in S3PE and find the resource file with the tag WPID. Delete this resource and save (just save, do not save as). Close s3pe.
You won’t notice any difference but next time you save your world in CAW, CAW will generate a new WPID resource. And that’s it.

This is also helpful if you enter the testing phase for your world. Especially if you want to compare versions or just try things out you can have several versions of your world installed at the same time.

Also, it's much easier to convert the exported sims3pack into a package file again using Multi Installer, just rename the file extension of the package to .world. This way you can plop it in your worlds folder in the installation path (where Sunset Valley also is stored). If you are done, you just delete the file from there and it's "uninstalled".

Thank you so much for the reply!

I used this method of deleting the WPID for a different tutorial of getting an existing world into CAW (without having the CAW files to begin with). This sounds easy enough and I'll definitely try that.

Every time I install the V2 of my world into game I make sure to delete the previous version, but clearly the game isn't registering it as being deleted even if I delete the files from everywhere and clear cache, but I wouldn't expect any less from the sims lol. I'll use this method anyway! Thanks!