Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 2:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default An ISSUE preventing me from moving back to house from community lot
So lately i have been having issues with my sims families.
Whenever my sim goes to community lot, and goes back from it, the cab never returns them and im stuck with no sims in the household to play and an action in the queue saying they are coming back from the lot but they never do.
I dont have community time project mod and i have ultimate collection. I tried summoning the sim with the teleporter mod but they still have the same action the queue and even if i try to cancel it, it doesnt disappear and
my sim autonomously do actions but whenever i try to do order them to do something like go from place to place or cook food, they dont do it.
This issue started when i was travelling to my business lot, when i closed the shop and wanted to go home, the cab was stuck and it couldnt bring my sim back to home and it me an error box.
However i found (sort of?) a fix to this, i put the stuck object remover at the place when the taxi was spawning and it actually worked and my sim could go back home with no problem. However after some days whenever my sim wanted to come back from community lot, he just couldnt appear on the home lot along with the taxi, it made the game literally unplayable, my sim cant go out to any lot. I tried to check if this bug appeared with my other families
and it sadly did. PLEASE IF SOMEONE HAS AN ANSWER OR FIX, LET ME KNOW BECAUSE THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE RN!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 3:15 PM
What happens if you summon the Sim, shift-click them with testing cheats enabled, force an error on them, and choose "reset"? Alternatively you can use the BatBox to force an error on off-world Sims and reset them that way without teleporting them back to the home lot.

That said, it sounds like this is being caused in the first place by some sort of buggy mod or mod conflict. Have you tried to figure out what that could be? Is it occuring in all neighborhoods, or just one? If it's happening in all of them, maybe try making a test hood and using the 50/50 method on your mods folder and see if that doesn't narrow down the culprit.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 3:51 PM
It sounds like you probably deleted the vehicle portal with the stuck object remover. Move them to a different lot where you haven't done that.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 4:30 PM
Except they said that it was happening to other families as well. And the stuck object remover was used on the business lot.

Is it just the taxi that's bugged? What happens if you walk to a community lot?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 9:27 PM
They didn't say it was happening with other families. They said they "tried to check" if it was, but reported no results of that checking.

We can't know what the error was unless you post the error log.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 9:44 PM
They said: "I tried to check if this bug appeared with my other families and it sadly did." so I think you are both right!
@Bazoongas Can you please confirm for us- does this happen in all lots and families, or just one?
Please post the error log generated when you have the error pop-up.
Please also let us know whether you tried walking as suggested in post #4.

This guide should help also:
Game Help:Game Problemwiki
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 10:02 PM
Since all your families have the issue it sounds like you have a mod conflict.

Do you have Boolprop testing cheats on, and if so do you get an error popup? Please upload it here.
If there is an error try "What Caused This" by Pick N Mix.

If there is no error or the above program shows nothing, its time to back up and start running some testes. If you recently installed new mods, then you will want to test those first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
They didn't say it was happening with other families. They said they "tried to check" if it was, but reported no results of that checking.

Quote: Originally posted by Bazoongas
I tried to check if this bug appeared with my other families and it sadly did.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If there is no error or the above program shows nothing, its time to back up and start running some testes.

I don't think they have the balls to do that (sorry, I couldn't resist XD).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Acrylonitrile
What happens if you summon the Sim, shift-click them with testing cheats enabled, force an error on them, and choose "reset"? Alternatively you can use the BatBox to force an error on off-world Sims and reset them that way without teleporting them back to the home lot.

That said, it sounds like this is being caused in the first place by some sort of buggy mod or mod conflict. Have you tried to figure out what that could be? Is it occuring in all neighborhoods, or just one? If it's happening in all of them, maybe try making a test hood and using the 50/50 method on your mods folder and see if that doesn't narrow down the culprit.

i tried doing that, nothing really happened which is really weird, the only way i found to fix this is by moving out the sims and moving in. This bug occurs in every neighborhood, tho i will use your advice and try out with the 50/50 method!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Except they said that it was happening to other families as well. And the stuck object remover was used on the business lot.

Is it just the taxi that's bugged? What happens if you walk to a community lot?

thats even worse when my sim walks to the lot because i cant do anything, they are stuck on the community lot and the household doesnt load :/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

We can't know what the error was unless you post the error log.

i will try to cause this error again and see the error code
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 1:40 PM
That is weird. It's fixed if you move a household out and back in?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 1:42 PM
Default Screenshots
Okay, so i did the print screen of how this error box looks in game when my sim is on the business lot, i dont know if this matters, but i also downloaded from mod the sims this specific business lot
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 1:42 PM
That is weird. It's fixed if you move a household out and back in?

yes it does! Until i go out again
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 1:55 PM
You have to post the actual error log.
retired moderator
#16 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 2:19 PM
How to find the error log:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=198229
Just attach the whole .txt file to a post here so that we can read it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
How to find the error log:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=198229
Just attach the whole .txt file to a post here so that we can read it.

I cant put the txt file here cuz it extends the limit
Mad Poster
#18 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 3:57 PM
I cant put the txt file here cuz it extends the limit

Attach as a file, not plain text.
retired moderator
#19 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 5:15 PM
Click 'Go Advanced' at the bottom of the page, then type your response and scroll down to where you see 'Upload'. Click the upload button and find the error file on your computer, select it and upload. Then click 'submit reply' and the error log will appear as a file that we can read.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Attach as a file, not plain text.

well yes, i did it, but the file extends the file size limit ://
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 5:51 PM
zip or rar it up first. That will reduce the file size.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 6:03 PM
Text files shouldn't exceed the file size limit, but it's possible it won't attach (I've had a similar issue with the uploader and text files). You can try to put the file in a zip file and attach that one.

If you can't figure it out, use "spoiler" tags ( like so but without spaces --> [ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] <-- ** ), and paste in the error in plain text. Most of the time it's enough to paste in the text from the top and down to the line "Global Simulator Variables".

** should look like this when done (click button)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 10:18 PM
zip or rar it up first. That will reduce the file size.

Thank you! finally here it is
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Error log.zip (13.6 KB, 12 downloads)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 10:41 PM
Okay, so i did the print screen of how this error box looks in game when my sim is on the business lot, i dont know if this matters, but i also downloaded from mod the sims this specific business lot

That is just the pop up, that's the game waving at you saying "hey I have this error" If you read the pop up it says where the actual error is, its a file and you can upload it here.

The log mentions CBOY, that was a creator. Do you have the old form of community lot time, remove that and switch to the updated version by Chris Hatch from a few years back now. Or if you don't have that look for some other CBOY (CrammyBoy) mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 3:51 PM
Do you have MogHughson's Park in the Car Park mod?

That causes errors with crammyboy's original version of the community time mod. There is a patch (fix) on MogHughson's mod page.

The new version by Chris Hatch does NOT require the patch. If you choose to replace the community time project with the updated mod, don't get the patch as it will cause an error.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Page 1 of 2