Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:44 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun and a great distraction from the stressing of school!

I really want to apply. Just one little problem: I can't play Sims at least until Monday, because my brother is going to reinstall our computer this weekend. I hope I can still post my application after that and that I get everything finished in time (if I do the same thing here as with my homework that can be a problem, lol).
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 11:47 PM
Monday should be fine. I can't wait to see your app.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 1:29 AM
Default Round 1 – The Headmaster Scenario
The public schools in Sim City leave much to be desired, and you've decided to look into the local private school. The fine establishment’s headmaster, who is very wealthy and sophisticated, calls and informs you that he'd like to meet you and the children at your home. He will want a tour of the house, a nice dinner, and plenty of chance to schmooze with the adults and get to know the kids.

In this round, you will try to impress the headmaster, and you will be judged on creativity, greatness of your family, and the storyline that you follow. Please include a brief description of how the evening went including answers to the following questions.

• Were your children accepted to the private school?
• Will your children attend the private school?

Please include a headshot of each school-age child (that is, each child and teen) on a plain background. In addition, please include 3-4 images of the evening. At least one must show dinner with the headmaster, and the rest should show your family impressing him in your home. This is a total of at least four images.

Round 1 is due at 8PM EST on Tuesday, September 30. Note that apps are still open, as we will need 8 more contestants in order to continue to Round 2. Please join if you've been considering it!

#29 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 9:12 AM
ive been considering it, i had problems with Michele's contest due to my lots disappearing, but i have reinstalled all of my games so i hope to get all my CC downloaded and have an app in by today
#30 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 9:39 AM
Default The Logan Family - App
Blain Logan

Name: Blain Logan
Job: Maths teacher for the local high school
Hobby: watching cooking programmes and meeting new people
Short Bio: Blain is a very kind-hearted person, after excelling in school he met Ebony and setteled down with his new-born family.

Ebony Logan

Name: Ebony Logan
Job: Primary teacher
Hobby: singing and drawing
Short Bio: There has never been anyone as kind as Ebony on earth. She loves all her children and helps them get on with everything in life.

Ava Logan

Name: Ava Logan
Job: Local High school
Hobby: Singing and chatting with her friends
Short Bio: Ava is one of the most popular girls at her school, this is because of her friendly nature and clever brain.

Honey Logan

Name: Honey Logan
Job: Local primary school
Hobby: designing clothes and clouring in pictures
Short Bio: Honey and Luke are twins, although Honey was born first she does not always come on that way, shy little Honey is very girly and great to be around

Luke Logan

Name: Luke Logan
Job: Local primary school
Hobby: Football and basketball
Short Bio: Luke is the most practicle family member, he is very sensible and can be trusted with anything.

All the family:

Click

Free shot 1:

Click

Ava and Ebony both love to sing

Free shot 2:

Click

Eating Blains famous sandwiches

Why are the Logans the greatest family ever?

Remember back to your school and think about all the pupils, there was always at least one pupil, one, that could be described with only one word: perfect. This is the one word that is used to describe the Logans.

----------------------------------

I am having great fun with this contest so far great work everyone
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 3:05 PM
Can't wait to see it, Ashley. Nicole, everything looks perfect! Thanks for joining.

So, if I have or can count on apps from the following people this weekend...

simcharley1990
piyokochanxoxo
goddessmoon2008
Ferret II
Avaluna

... then we'll need five more apps (and everyone's R1s, but I can be flexible on that if it turns out to be a problem) by Tuesday at 8PM in order to continue.

(That was more to help my brain than anything else, LOL...)

Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 3:22 PM
i'm going to do my app + round1 now daisie

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Scholar
#33 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 10:29 PM

Dylan Fairbanks
  • Likes: Robotics, grilled cheese sandwiches, difficult challenges and hiking
  • Dislikes: Chef salad, cartoons and easy tasks

Willow Fairbanks
  • Dislikes: Grilled cheese sandwiches, homework, chores

Wren Fairbanks
  • Dislikes: Being ignored and not being the centre of attention all of the time

Willow and Wren get along like a house on fire.

Dylan doing what he does best... inventing!

Why are the Fairbanks the greatest family ever?

After the loss of his wife during the birth of his second daughter, against all odds Dylan Fairbanks raised both children single-handedly and managed to keep the family business of Robotics going. Many people in the engineering community respect him; not only for his amazing robotics talent, but for his dedication for his two daughters. Not only does he find the time to home-school Willow (he believes that Willow is too intelligent for school and that only he could teach her the skills she needs), but he has repeatedly amazed the engineering community with robotic works of art.

Rumour has it that he is currently working on an amazing new invention, a robotic butler. Building such a feat of engineering would take months of hard work to perfect, will Dylan be able to juggle his hectic family life as well as his latest project?
Mad Poster
#34 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 2:08 AM
Daisie, this contest is kick ass I wanna join! I wanna join!! But I can't cuz I sold my game So i'll just be stopping by sometimes.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 2:30 AM
Hehe, thanks! You can be an EJ if you want...

Great app, Ferret! Love the backstory.

Instructor
#36 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 4:11 AM

Marvin Gustav

Dislikes: Rude people

Pia Gustav

Dislikes: People who don't believe in magic, closed spaces, Evil Witches

Mayee Gustav

Likes: Writing short stories and poems, singing, Grilled Cheese, SSX3
Dislikes: Homework

Martin Gustav

Dislikes: chores

Pia's husband Gerard left the family without saying a word (rumor is it that he's seeing another woman who lives in another part of Simville after Pia turned to the world of witchery). She didn't have anyone who respected her desicion of becoming one, except her father-in-law, who lived with the family so he can help out.

However, she said to us that she was glad that she became a witch, for it made life a little easier (less time to clean, always safe from fires, etc.). This also enabled her and Marvin to spend more time with the twins.

Being able to juggle a lot of very different activities without losing sleep made the Gustavs the coolest family ever.
#37 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:19 AM
i think i got all the CC i need just need to make a beautiful family! everyone's are great
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 1:49 PM
i will get my in soon, but i just got castaway stories so im going to try it!
Scholar
#39 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 3:25 PM
Thanks Daisie had had a lot of fun doing it. I'll be starting my round 1 app right now!
Field Researcher
#40 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 8:00 PM
Default Application
Meet the Lauren Family

Steele Lauren
Hobby: Nature/ gardening

Danielle Lauren
Hobby: Ballet/ music/ dancing

Ward Lauren
Age 6
Hobby: Games, any kind really

Maria Lauren
Age 2
Hobby: Playing with her toys

The Lauren family is the greatest family ever simply because of how much they love one another. They are always playing with each other at every available opportunity, and helping each other learn new skills and hobbies, like starting a family garden in the back yard.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 8:13 PM
Yay! Love your apps, dude and CiaoAlora.

Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:08 PM
Default App- Hudson Family
The Hudson's.

Picture One.

Elliot Hudson: (It's a girls name too, where I live. )
-Age- 28
-Occupation- Yoga teacher.
-Likes- Cooking, hugs, dancing, weddings.
-Dislikes- hamburgers, bigfoot, achohol.

Darcy Hudson:
-Age- 8
-Occupation- Schoolgirl.
-Likes- Stories, ballet, jack-in-the-box, the playground, jump rope.
-Dislikes- Grilled cheese, monsters, firefiles, ghosts.

PictureTwo/ FS1.
PictureThree/ FS2.

Why are the Hudson's the greatest family ever?
The Hudson's are the greatest family ever because no matter what happens the girls sick together. Good times or bad times, Darcy will be there for her mother and Elliot will be there for her daughter, they both love each other very much.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:12 PM
Check out your second free shot link, Charley. I get a 404 when I try to view it.

Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:29 PM
fixed i think lol - agian sorry for the crapness - its cos i take them in bmp and have to resize them , change to jpg and change the file size, all of which lower the quality, when i go ingame to finish r1 i will retake my app shots, and i wont bother changing all that i'll just link them. really sorry

Field Researcher
#45 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:59 PM
The Leska Family:

Esme Leska
Age - 34 year old
Occupation/about her - She is a full time mother and wife. She spends her times writing novels, loving her husband, and raising her kids. She became pregnant with her twins just before college graduation, by her highschool sweetheart.

Jasper Leska
Age - 35 years old.
Occupation/about her - He has ran the local pet store for 10 years now. He's most passionate about Visual Arts, his wife and his kids. Jasper has sold over 100,000 paintings (most copies of the originals), but is still very down to earth.

Edward Leska
age - 13 years old.
Occupation/about her - He spends his time playing with his sister and indulging in his love of movies. Though his life is very busy between friends and family, he still manages to make all A's in school.

Isabella Leska
age -13 years old
Occupation/about her - She is the oldest of the twins and the most responsible. She loves school, reading, and the monkey bars on the playground.

The Leska's are a truly unique kind of family in this crazy, modern world. They are always together. They eat dinner together, they watch tv together for awhile every night, the go to the park every Friday together, and they all love each other.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
#46 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 11:01 PM
Default App-Reed Family
Daren Reed
Dislikes: reality tv, bad food, Sadie's boyfriends
Daren met Nadia at 15 in highschool, she was 14. They have been in love ever since. He got Nadia pregnant when he was 18, and he stuck by her ever since. You can find Daren watching hockey or football games or fixing up old cars

Nadia Reed
Likes: Modeling, golfing, cooking, cleaning, children, shopping
Dislikes: Math, arguing, football, ignorance
Nadia loves spending time with her girls, taking them shopping and getting make overs. She is deffinately your typical housewife

Dillon Reed
Likes: hot girls, abercrombie, hollister, cars, hockey, his friends
Dislikes: his sisters, ex girlfriends, parents nagging, homework, when friends say my mom is "HOTT"
Dillon is the most popular, most liked boy at his High school. He's preppy and plays on his schools Varsity hockey team. He's sort of seeing a girl from his school her name is Brittany and she is a sophomore

Sadie Reed
Likes: pink, make up, shopping, her friends, boys, cheerleading
Dislikes: her brother, boyfriends, backstabbing, getting caught sneeking out
Sadie is deffinately a Daddy's little girl. She's girly, loves boys but won't date because of boyfriends in the past. She is well liked in school, shes a cheerleader, most of her friends like her brother and she thinks its annoying

Morgan Reed
Dislikes: Chef salad, clowns, homework
Morgan is going into junior high. She is just getting interested in boys and makeup. She adores her sister and looks up to her

This is the family portrait hanging in our living room

Dillon, Sadie, Dad, Morgan, Mom

Dad thought it would be funny to spy on the ladies.

Mom is so proud of him, he loves playing football with dad.

Instructor
#47 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 1:03 PM
Default Round 1: The Gustavs
Headshots:

Mayee: Okay, it all started when everyone in the family was discussing our career options. Of course, my dream career is somewhere where a lot of communication skills are involved, while my brother is into being a surgeon like Grandpa. All of a sudden, the idea of a private school popped into Grandpa's mind.

Naturally, my mom was a little worried. First of all, it was quite far from home. Second, it would be expensive. Grandpa mentioned to us that the only things you need were a great looking house and delicious gourmet food.

My mom said, "Okay. Go for it."

So yeah, she called an appointment for a visitation with the headmaster. He said to her, that he would come at 5 PM. So, we spent the whole day preparing the house, while mom was busy with cooking (...but she left us with cleaning even if she can clean the whole house in 10 seconds...why Mom, why?)

5 PM came, and everyone was shaking with nervousness and excitement...Being used to these kinds of stuff, I went to the door, greeted him and went to the living room.

Gah, Mom was still preparing food, so we decided, "Maybe I should give him a tour of the house."

...and so I did.

(my brother's room)

According to him, the house was very nice and fit for conductive learning, or something like that...

Finally, mom was done with dinner. Breaded porkchops with Crispy Spinach. Now, Grandpa said something about our table manners and this might be our chance to be really accepted.

So there, we tried our best to follow peoper decorum and dining etiquette. However, the headmaster himself was an even messier eater. He would even lick his fingers (Mom and I just laughed it off while my brother, the neat-freak he is, scowled in disgust).

Before he went, the headmaster asked us if any of us had any special abilities. Suddenly, my mom pointed her wand at the dishes and borught them to the sink, then enchanted the dishwashing materials to clean them. That alone impressed Headmater Amin and accepted us to private school.

...and yes, we will attend the school.

Okay to answer the questions you probably have in mind:
1. It is not fake niceness. We really were ourselves during the visitation.
2. Seriously, Mom enchanting dishes probably was the one that made us accepted.
3. I can probably read your mind. Hehehehehe...
4. As you can see, we got accepted and will attend Simville Private Academy.
Scholar
#48 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 6:16 PM
Default Round 1 - The Fairbanks'

Last week, Dylan got a call from the local private school. The headmaster, Mr. Harris, had read an article about his work and wanted to offer Willow (and Wren when she was old enough) a place at his school, free of charge. Dylan was heisitant at first, he wasn't fond of the school's reputation of pressurising kids to do work and their strict rules. However, Dylan wasn't the kind of guy to pass up a free offer, so invited the headmaster over to visit the family home.

Mr. Harris was imediately impressed with Willow. "To see the television off and a child reading is a rare sight nowadays," he remarked with a smile. Willow was against the whole idea of school, she hated the idea of uniforms, school dinners and teachers. In her eyes, her father was her only teacher.

The family meal went well. Dylan had spent all week memorising and learning the recepie for Lobster (Willow had reminded him that his famous Grilled Cheese Sandwiches proberbly wouldn't go down well) and thankfully, nothing was burnt.

At the end of the evening, Mr. Harris approched Dylan. He was delighted with Willow, and apparently Wren was "a bright girl, years ahead of her age". The two youngest Fairbanks' had been accepted into private school! However, Dylan wasn't entirely sold. He had found Mr. Harris rather false, and he seemed much more interested in test scores and the Sim State school leaderboard than in his students. He obviously could think of nothing better than Dylan Fairbanks, the Dylan Fairbanks', children attending his school.

When Mr. Harris said, "Your daughters will be a great asset to my school", that pretty much confirmed it for Dylan. He shot down the offer there and then, and remarked that he'd rather teach his children and they be happy, then to send them off to some private school were they'd just be another number in the system.

"You're making a big mistake, Fairbanks!" was the last thing Mr. Harris said before storming out of the door.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 8:57 PM
Great apps and R1s, guys! I love the creativity.

All right, everyone: Please post/complete your applications and remember to post your R1 entries by TOMORROW at 8PM EST. That's 28 hours from this post, so you should have plenty of time, I think. We only need one more app by then to continue. I'm excited to really get going!

#50 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 10:06 PM
what if no one posts an app by tonight? is round 1 still due tomorrow?

Page 2 of 6