Quick Reply
Search this Thread
On my ship The Rocinante
retired moderator
#26 Old 9th Sep 2026 at 3:59 PM
@Charity @ScaryRob Did you send images of the cookie test page to Tashiketh?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Sep 2026 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Charity, did this get fixed for you?


No, still happening.

I checked the page simsample mentioned and tried the fixes, so I'll see if it works tomorrow.
Alchemist
#28 Old 9th Sep 2026 at 11:54 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 10th Sep 2026 at 1:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Charity @ScaryRob Did you send images of the cookie test page to Tashiketh?

I did, and they sent me a PM with some instructions that I don't understand, as follows:

Thanks. Can you run the following on the forumdisplay view in the f12 console:

oUser.lastvisit

Then:
document.querySelectorAll('a.thread-unread, a[id^="threadbit-"].thread-unread').length

Then:
document.querySelectorAll('a[id^="threadbit-"][data-lastpost]').length

Tell me the results of all 3 numbers.


Pressing F12 on my keyboard while perusing these forums opens up that sidebar along the right side of the screen that has all of that gobbledygook. I have no idea what they want me to do there.

My Lot creations (over 75 Lots): https://robsgames.freeforums.net/
On my ship The Rocinante
retired moderator
#29 Old 10th Sep 2026 at 2:31 PM
Perhaps @Tashiketh could elaborate? ScaryRob you know you could just reply to the email and ask for clarification!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Sep 2026 at 4:39 PM
Still not fixed for me. Here's my screenshot of the page.

Screenshots
Alchemist
#31 Old 10th Sep 2026 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Perhaps @Tashiketh could elaborate? ScaryRob you know you could just reply to the email and ask for clarification!

Why do you ass-u-me that I haven't replied? I have.
Do you know what they're talking about in their instructions?

My Lot creations (over 75 Lots): https://robsgames.freeforums.net/
On my ship The Rocinante
retired moderator
#32 Old 10th Sep 2026 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Why do you ass-u-me that I haven't replied? I have.

Sorry, I am an ass!
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Do you know what they're talking about in their instructions?

I think you paste the commands into the console tab, Tashiketh might be able to explain better though.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#33 Old 11th Sep 2026 at 2:33 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 13th Sep 2026 at 1:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think you paste the commands into the console tab, Tashiketh might be able to explain better though.

Not worth it for me to go through a big rigmarole, as I only participate in 2-3 threads and I can keep track of those "manually".
I suspect, though, that Charity and I are hardly the only ones with this problem and that most others experiencing this issue are just too ignorant to notice it.

My Lot creations (over 75 Lots): https://robsgames.freeforums.net/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#34 Old 11th Sep 2026 at 8:09 PM
I've added a special debug button in the bottom left of the forum display for you guys only. Can you click on it and screenshot what it shows?

Thanks

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Alchemist
#35 Old 12th Sep 2026 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
I've added a special debug button in the bottom left of the forum display for you guys only. Can you click on it and screenshot what it shows?

Thanks

Which forum? I don't see anything resembling a debug button anywhere on this page, which is a forum page.

My Lot creations (over 75 Lots): https://robsgames.freeforums.net/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#36 Old 12th Sep 2026 at 8:22 AM
If you mean on this page as in viewing a thread - that's because it's a thread, not a forum view. I mean in Site Issues, for example. Where you see the threads. As in where the actual unread issue lies.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Alchemist
#37 Old 12th Sep 2026 at 11:48 AM
The debug button only appears on the Site/Issues & Feedback list, not my own Subscribed Threads list. Anyway, here's what it shows:

{
"when": "2026-09-12T10:46:16.996Z",
"host": "modthesims.info",
"path": "/f/24/",
"userid": 7649472,
"oUser_lastvisit": 1789179768,
"oUser_lastvisit_iso": "2026-09-12T02:22:48.000Z",
"ls_key": "mtsUnread.7649472",
"ls_error": null,
"ls_thread_count": 5,
"ls_forum_ids": [],
"threadbits_found": 24,
"threadbits_missing_lastpost": 0,
"unread_computed": 0,
"unread_has_class": 0,
"unread_visually_bold": 0,
"mismatches": 0,
"unread_ratio_computed": "0.00",
"sample_unread": [],
"sample_mismatches": [],
"store_preview": {
"threads": {
"451750": 1788669585,
"480589": 1789082331,
"517758": 1388526838,
"517769": 1412581030,
"700569": 1789197775
},
"forums": {}
}
}

My Lot creations (over 75 Lots): https://robsgames.freeforums.net/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Sep 2026 at 2:58 PM
Thanks. That helped me find it. Here's mine.

{
"when": "2026-09-12T13:56:36.073Z",
"host": "modthesims.info",
"path": "/f/24/",
"userid": 3069798,
"oUser_lastvisit": 1789155988,
"oUser_lastvisit_iso": "2026-09-11T19:46:28.000Z",
"ls_key": "mtsUnread.3069798",
"ls_error": null,
"ls_thread_count": 1,
"ls_forum_ids": [],
"threadbits_found": 24,
"threadbits_missing_lastpost": 0,
"unread_computed": 0,
"unread_has_class": 0,
"unread_visually_bold": 0,
"mismatches": 0,
"unread_ratio_computed": "0.00",
"sample_unread": [],
"sample_mismatches": [],
"store_preview": {
"threads": {
"700569": 1789210090
},
"forums": {}
}
}
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#39 Old 12th Sep 2026 at 3:09 PM
Okay so according to that, none of the forum views (like in site issues) should have bold threads. Is this correct?

I am guess you still see bold read threads in NON forum display (like in New posts, Subscribed Threads), correct?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 12th Sep 2026 at 4:41 PM
No bold read threads in 'subscribed threads'. Even if I check Sims 3 or 4 forums, where all posts should be unread, they're all read.

The only bold threads I can see anywhere are here.



And they've always been bold.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#41 Old 13th Sep 2026 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
No bold read threads in 'subscribed threads'. Even if I check Sims 3 or 4 forums, where all posts should be unread, they're all read.

The only bold threads I can see anywhere are here.

And they've always been bold.

Same for me.

My Lot creations (over 75 Lots): https://robsgames.freeforums.net/
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#42 Old 13th Sep 2026 at 9:46 AM
Wasn't it always the case that if you visited a forum you haven't been to and your last visit is very recent that it wouldn't appear bold? At least that's how I remember it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 13th Sep 2026 at 2:01 PM
I don't know. I did visit Sims 3 and 4 forums months ago when I was trying to convince them to join the calendar contest.

But Sims 2 forum has the 'no unread posts' problem and I visit that daily. And I have checked by date that there should be unread posts.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 8th Oct 2026 at 3:40 PM
Anything new on this?
Page 2 of 2
Back to top