Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#51 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 12:48 PM
I've played very few South Korean games but they all had some things in common. Graphics were always in the range from very good to great. Gameplay was always mediocre at best. And translations were just ridiculous.

This one seems like such a game. Graphics are spectacular (but so are the PC requirements; they'll have to lower them, unless they intend to ship a computer to every buyer). Gameplay is questionable and the game, as has already been mentioned, smells of microtransactions. I did not notice any translations in the videos I watched but at least we can hope they will be funny.

It is a welcome diversion, though.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 1:53 PM
I don't think I like the hair though, when you have seen one alpha hair, you have seen them all...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 3:19 PM
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 4:37 PM
The scene where the Zoi girl receives a thumbs-up box from her friend out of the blue was non-sequitur and fantastic hahahahahahahahahahaha

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
lixcpu@gmail.com
Smeg Head
#55 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 5:33 PM
"It's all subject to change." Those genetics for babies better be a priority. Nice that the video highlighted you can create non-Korean zois to play with, but you would expect the offspring of those zois to try to match the genetics as best as humanly, zoily possible and not appear as though there was a mix up at the hospital and your non-Korean zois took home a Korean family's child. Whoops. Ouch. Somebody call Child Services!

I understand the notion "when in Rome" and you've got to expect this game to be heavily inundated with Korean influence, culture and zois due to its origins, but I'm sure it'll change in the future. Given they do have plans to include an American-themed city at some later stage. Many varied global locations before the end. Babies better change! We hope.

Worst case scenario. Non-Korean babies be part of the microtransaction hell expected with this game. Oh, dear oh dear.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Theorist
#56 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 6:22 PM
I watched Madi ( AKA acottonsock) play this for a couple of hours last night. She spent a lot of time in 3 speed.

I used to think it was ridiculous how fast TS4 sims could get into a relationship and have a baby. This game sez "Hold my beer!" when it comes to that. In 5 real time minutes 2 characters can meet and have a kid. I didn't watch the whole thing, I fell asleep.

I stand corrected. Same sex relationships can be had, but considering how shallow relationships are in this game, it doesn't matter unless a person is only into the appearance of a relationship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQUvl5zW0No
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
I understand the notion "when in Rome" and you've got to expect this game to be heavily inundated with Korean influence

I'm absolutely OK with that. It's heavily encouraged IMO.

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
lixcpu@gmail.com
Smeg Head
#58 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LUCPIX
I'm absolutely OK with that. It's heavily encouraged IMO.

Oh yeah, that part of it adds to the enjoyment, the adventure, if and when playing from a non-Korean perspective. "Stranger in a strange land," and all that. Though no matter the non-Korean ethnicity you opt for your zois, the game is not going to treat your immigrant zois any differently, - if that's the story-telling purposes you've gone for as the reason for your non-Korean zois to be in that part of the world - just treated as one of the locals, a native, like everyone else, as the game mechanics will be singularly calibrated. All fine and dandy, until you have that first baby... And then... What's up with that?

But yeah, subject to change. Hoping not subject to microtransactions. (Though probably will not be, seeing the plans for a great many global locations to fill the world map the game has.)

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#59 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 9:19 PM
The graphics in this are mindblowing. There are areas that need work, for sure, but I am very interesting in keeping an eye on this. I have a few months old CPU so hope it can handle if I would get this. It is being done for PC, correct, and not just an app, I hope?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 20th Nov 2023 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
The graphics in this are mindblowing. There are areas that need work, for sure, but I am very interesting in keeping an eye on this.

IKR?!? It's also possible that tons of things will be said about where in the uncanny valley spectrum the game stands, but I'd say the gfx as it's presented right now leaves you with an acceptable overall impression — there is not anything particularly spooky in terms of how characters respond to the world, bar that hilarious app where Zois do an impression of you.

I have a few months old CPU so hope it can handle if I would get this.

I'm already in some sort of acceptance state by being pre-aware that it's gonna take a few decades until I'm able to have a PC that runs it.

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
lixcpu@gmail.com
Test Subject
#61 Old 20th Nov 2023 at 7:50 PM
I'm personally very curious about the budget and team size. If it has truly only been in development for a year at this point (Is there any reason to doubt their honesty regarding that?) and looks the way it does with so much of the game already done, then both the budget and team have to be enormous! Not to mention extremely talented. It would make even the EA team look small and inexperienced in comparison. I'm not familiar with Krafton to be able to say what sort of reputation they have, but I know they are behind some absolutely huge games and they are indeed a multi-billion company...
Field Researcher
#62 Old 21st Nov 2023 at 5:12 AM
I don't know Krafton's budget but it's likely they already had assets sitting around from other projects they've worked on. Not saying they used those assets here but they likely didn't start from complete scratch like LBY or Paralives. The Sims has been known to do this (Sims 1 and Simcity 2000 shared some assets I think. I know Sims 2 and Simcity 4 did for sure)

Though I guess that only works if Krafton == Maxis rather than EA as a whole since I doubt every studio under EA is sharing assets.

I don't remember how the people in Cities Skylines looked but if Cities Skylines and LBY were being developed by the same studio under Paradox, they probably could've gotten a major headstart in development. But pretty sure they aren't the same studio. And Cities Skylines is a bit old at this point so they would've developed Cities Skylines 2 and LBY side by side (if they were the same studio)
Mad Poster
#63 Old 21st Nov 2023 at 5:14 AM
UM.... has anyone tried this? You go first! system requirements are at bottom. Which does not say much. I have no idea what the last is and whether I have or not? Probably not??? UM. I need to research this more.
https://www.google.com/search?q=har...chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.memuplay.com/how-to-play-inzoi-on-pc.html
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 21st Nov 2023 at 6:02 AM
so...in my own understanding this is supposed to be a mobile game, only playable in PC by means of an emulator? Which is confusing, since playtesters were actually given gaming PCs for playing. But I'm guessing the website is just using inZOI to be easily seen in web searches, much like clickbait articles..

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Test Subject
#65 Old 21st Nov 2023 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kirabook
I don't know Krafton's budget but it's likely they already had assets sitting around from other projects they've worked on. Not saying they used those assets here but they likely didn't start from complete scratch like LBY or Paralives. The Sims has been known to do this (Sims 1 and Simcity 2000 shared some assets I think. I know Sims 2 and Simcity 4 did for sure)

Though I guess that only works if Krafton == Maxis rather than EA as a whole since I doubt every studio under EA is sharing assets.

I don't remember how the people in Cities Skylines looked but if Cities Skylines and LBY were being developed by the same studio under Paradox, they probably could've gotten a major headstart in development. But pretty sure they aren't the same studio. And Cities Skylines is a bit old at this point so they would've developed Cities Skylines 2 and LBY side by side (if they were the same studio)

Great point but yeah, it's pretty peculiar. Not necessarily a red flag for me but it is very out of the ordinary to see a life sim with essentially a completed base only one year into development.

Then again, when you think about it, we haven't really had any great recent examples to look to. Paralives is a much smaller than average team so of course they will take longer. I'm thinking LBY is much the same despite being backed by Paradox; their relatively slow progress makes me believe their team is pretty small as well, though probably larger than Paralives. And we all know the TS4 Olympus story, where the game changed trajectory multiple times in its development...

Hell, at the risk of sounding too prematurely excited, perhaps this is the proper development timeline when a competent AAA developer makes a life sim where its vision has been set from the very beginning. Dunno though, just spitballing as to how they're developing on speed 3.

BTW, I don't think Cities Skylines pedestrians would've ever made the cut for Life By You humans. They're basically PS1 level, they would have to be completely overhauled to be just acceptable, haha.
Theorist
#66 Old 21st Nov 2023 at 9:24 PM
UM.... has anyone tried this? You go first! system requirements are at bottom. Which does not say much. I have no idea what the last is and whether I have or not? Probably not??? UM. I need to research this more.

I think that's a scammy ad for an emulator that doesn't have anything to do with InZOI but is trying to capitalize on the hype.

As far as system requirements, I expect they'll be rather hefty for Ultra mode, especially on the GPU front. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Potato mode for potato PCs and lots of in-between modes.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 21st Nov 2023 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I think that's a scammy ad for an emulator that doesn't have anything to do with InZOI but is trying to capitalize on the hype.

As far as system requirements, I expect they'll be rather hefty for Ultra mode, especially on the GPU front.

You are probably right as this is still in development and they would not be letting people other than some influencers have access now. I know there are legit cases where apps can be used on PCs with emulator but I have not done that so far.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 22nd Nov 2023 at 12:23 AM

Supposing that really is a mobile game it sure isn't showing up on the google play store for me and the link to google play store at the top comes up with "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server." message so I think it's pretty safe to say somebody is trying to scam people here, definitely do not install it. Also no way it would run on mere 2GB of RAM, Sims 4 requires 4GB at minimum (8GB is what they recommend though) and you don't get much out of that.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 22nd Nov 2023 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
I think it's pretty safe to say somebody is trying to scam people here....

I think you are correct! It did not make sense.
Scholar
#70 Old 22nd Nov 2023 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This is wild!

The character editor was very impressive, especially the way you can edit clothes(not sure if it was this one or another one I watched). But another thing that was a bit weird was what you could do with the edit town function. It did not seem to let you actually place lots etc. There is this 'edit trees' button, but all it does it replacing all trees in the exact same place with a different type of tree. So far this game doesn't seem to offer the same freedom in customization as Sims 3 or LBY. Gameplay so far also seems very bare-bones.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 22nd Nov 2023 at 2:40 PM Last edited by simsample : 22nd Nov 2023 at 2:58 PM.
Yes, I don't think it's going to be a world or town builder, by any means.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 22nd Nov 2023 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, I don't think it's going to be a world or town builder, by any means.

Thank goodness I have about 6 WIP worlds I need to get done in CAW and I never get bored with CAW and building in 3. So I always have that no matter what is done in the other games.
Theorist
#73 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 12:25 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 11th Dec 2023 at 1:38 PM.
I find it interesting how all the chatter about inZOI died almost as fast as it started.

In the meantime, the new trailer for GTA 6 is really cool. I know trailers are not everything they are cracked up to be, but Rock Star whether people like them or not knows how to do a open world. This will be over 8 years in the making, not two.

Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBZY2fkU-0
Forum Resident
#74 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 4:08 PM
There hasn't really been anything new revealed about it as far as I know so there's not much to discuss. Looks gorgeous, apparently has rather hollow gameplay at the moment, that's it, what more can be said about it before they reveal more?
Mad Poster
#75 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I find it interesting how all the chatter about inZOI died almost as fast as it started.

In the meantime, the new trailer for GTA 6 is really cool. I know trailers are not everything they are cracked up to be, but Rock Star whether people like them or not knows how to do a open world. This will be over 8 years in the making, not two.

Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBZY2fkU-0

But you gotta hand it to them, InZoi is the closest we could have that we all hoped and desire for TS5. Had it not have questionable babies, emotions and lack of ridqble vehicles, it still looks something you most likely opt to play than what Maxis failed to deliver in past 9 years “Lots” or whatever equivalent in the game is called, is way better than the say nightclubs Sims 4 had offered looking from the trailer alone Animations not loony nor feel like a E rated game, let alone how characters look.

Even though are holes, but before then it got me excited for a moment It’s shame though that from the sounds of it, the korean company has microtransaction practice, so not gonna be better in that terms :/

Nevertheless, I’m happy that somebody is trying and how much this one game manage to develop in one go of releasing said leak (like LifeByYou didnt manage to pick that much attention and in regards graphics look impressive without much questionability) This may be encouraging for future corporations to have their take on Life Simulators if this doesn’t fly off)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 3 of 6